IGNORED

The Main Difference Between Good and Bad Golfers…

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bad title (it is ooobbbviiiously not the biggest difference), but I agree with the content. Interestingly I see only good (in my book low single digit or better) with some kinda routine. And I'm not talking about the guy stalking a 4 footer all around the green for 3 mins.

The guy lining up his 5th putt probably can't spell routine to save his life. 

I wish I paid a bit more attention to it before I address. Half the time it seems to start half way down the DS.. and it goes something like.. "ohh, shit!!!..." More like a pre-strike routine.. ha.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, mchepp said:

Not really fair. Martin Chuck is a pretty good teacher. We don't know what the magazine told him, or how they potentially twisted what he said.

However, rating golf coaches is blasphemy. There is absolutely no point, and it is all bullsh*t. Similar to US News and their completely bogus college rankings.

It was a joke making fun of the title and statement.

Totally agree about the rankings thing too. They're silly - pure marketing.

For some reason, this reminds me of that old saying, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.”

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

For some reason, this reminds me of that old saying, “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.”

Did a good teacher say that?  😜

• Funny 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

16 hours ago, Zippo said:

Of course that seldom plays out with amateurs and golf. We’re told we probably make the same swing despite feeling changes yet we hit a shank, a hook, slice, chili dip and then flush one right down the middle. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

40 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Of course that seldom plays out with amateurs and golf. We’re told we probably make the same swing despite feeling changes yet we hit a shank, a hook, slice, chili dip and then flush one right down the middle. 

That just proves it’s not the swing that matters, it’s the pre-shot routine. Try this - change one thing in your routine then hit the shot. Record the results of the shot and the routine. Repeat for the next 120,000 shots. Then analyze shot results against each routine and I’m certain you’ll learn which routine is right for you. 

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

That just proves it’s not the swing that matters

Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!