IGNORED

Golf Bag Suggestion for Xl Jumbo Max Grips

Note: This thread is 797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, it happened. 

I crossed over to the dark side.

Now, my wonderful golf bag will not work for me as the massive grips will not fit. 

Any suggestions other than a large, tour style bag with four dividers at the top?

I found a thread on reddit - apparently, there are two of us who are having this problem 🙂

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

33 minutes ago, Old1964 said:

Well, it happened. 

Now, my wonderful golf bag will not work for me as the massive grips will not fit. 

Any suggestions other than a large, tour style bag with four dividers at the top?

I found a thread on reddit - apparently, there are two of us who are having this problem 🙂

Just cross over to the other dark side and get a mini-staff bag and be ‘ that guy.’ 😃

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Old1964 said:

Well, it happened. 

My foursome played behind a weird, older guy a few days ago who looked like he sneaked onto the course, carried a gym bag and a few clubs in his hand.  And he was terribly slow.  Never gained on us... we had to wait every hole.  He seemed not to understand the term "etiquette".  I left the course after 9 holes...

So Old1964, I'd go with the gym bag.

• Funny 1

Why not a Sun Mountain 4 way divider? 2.5 would work for those grips. If you want a bigger bag plenty of choices 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

4 hours ago, Old1964 said:

Well, it happened. 

Real men don't need golf bags - they let their wives carry their clubs...

Me? I have a golf bag...  😁

• Funny 2

17 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just cross over to the other dark side and get a mini-staff bag and be ‘ that guy.’ 😃

The Sandtrap never fails 🙂

Figured I have to get down to a 2 index before I get a mini-staff bag.

13 hours ago, Zippo said:

Real men don't need golf bags - they let their wives carry their clubs...

Me? I have a golf bag...  😁

Maybe my wife could carry my clubs in a gym bag ... but, then, she wouldn't let me go golfing.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• 3 weeks later...

I would think ANY of the bags that have a separate compartment for putters will work well with a jumbo grip. I have a jumbo on one of my putters and there's no problem fitting it into that type of bag. Otherwise, change to a pistol grip.

By the way, has anyone noticed how much golf bags have increased in price? There's no cart or stand bag less than $200 other than something I saw called a "Sunday" bag for what I think was $189. Most bags now start at around $250. It's crazy.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

Note: This thread is 797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!