IGNORED

2022 Arnold Palmer Invitational

jxdama

I personally enjoyed seeing the low scores...  this is just my 2 cents, but seeing scores of -20 under par, as the normal, gets old... i mean ya these guys are tier 1 guys, but damn... don't make it so easy that if your not shooting 65 or better, you wont sniff the top ten..  

i enjoy seeing guys grind out the rounds..   

• Like 1

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, David L Yskes said:

I personally enjoyed seeing the low scores...  this is just my 2 cents, but seeing scores of -20 under par, as the normal, gets old... i mean ya these guys are tier 1 guys, but damn... don't make it so easy that if your not shooting 65 or better, you wont sniff the top ten..  

i enjoy seeing guys grind out the rounds..   

Did you mean the high scores? Because that part in bold directly contradicts what you said in the following sentence

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator
1 hour ago, klineka said:

Did you mean the high scores? Because that part in bold directly contradicts what you said in the following sentence

I think he meant "low" as in "smaller" numbers under par. But yeah, that's a bad way of saying it. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In my opinion the API is one of the best tournaments of the year. I would like to see it not played right before the players. But it is a top 10 tournament in and of itself.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Poor  Byron Nelson must  be turning  over  in his grave. How can a  course  like this  be allowed to host an event? I turned  it  on for  a  bit  yesterday and  i think i saw a  480 yard  par  5.  Short, no rough, no need for  driver and  its  putt  putt  golf. Its time to make  every  green a  bowl so if you  hit the green every  shot  just rolls  in the  cup. This  is  unwatchable.

Same dumb schtick since joining.

(edited)
On 3/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, klineka said:

There is an argument to be made that the rough around the greens actually helped players get penalized less compared to if the rough was shaved down and balls that missed the green didn't immediately stop.

I disagree. I  like the rough so thick and deep you cant  putt  if you  miss  the green.

Edited by jxdama
spell

Same dumb schtick since joining.

• Administrator

So don’t watch it. You only ever come on here to bitch about how easy a golf course is.

Plus it’s not the PGA, it’s the PGA Tour.

P.S. Merged into your other topic.

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 hours ago, jxdama said:

I disagree. I  like the rough so thick and deep you cant  putt  if you  miss  the green.

So you disagree with my claim that when players miss the green long that tall rough penalizes players less than short grass? Do you have any stats or facts to back up your claim?

IMO thick deep rough around the greens makes for really really boring golf to watch.

There is pretty much no creativity required to hit the short game shot, pros simply just chop it out onto the green and let it release to the hole. 

Plus the thick rough almost acts as a backstop in some instances when going for a back flag, because pros know as long as their ball lands on the green, even if it hops long it isnt going to end up very far from the green. If the green surrounds were shaved down and had a lot of short  grass and the player goes for a back flag if the ball were to bounce long it could be propelled even further from the hole and result in a very difficult pitch/chip shot, so the player would have to take that possibility into account when hitting their approach shot into the green.

And just because the grass around the green is short doesn't mean players can automatically putt it, there are different grass types and ways of mowing the grass which would discourage players from putting off the green. (Think Augusta, very short grass around the greens yet very few players putt from off the green) 

On 5/14/2022 at 3:44 PM, jxdama said:

Topic gets talked about by Gil Hanse starting at the 3:30 mark in this video. 

Curious to hear your thoughts about what he has to say about short grass around the greens