IGNORED

Congratulations Trevor. . zzzzzz

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is he supposed to do?

• Cart wheels
  • Pull a quarter from behind Snedeker's ear
  • Make some balloon animals
It's almost like people want to see a circus isn't it?
Get real.

Amen to that!

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found today's finish very exciting. So he didn't yell at spectators or make too many fist pumps. There wasn't anyone to yell at today nor were there many opportunities for fist pumps. Did you see Trevor at the Western Open in 2006, the other tournament in which he beat Tiger? Watch him on the last green there; tons of emotion.

As for the Masters in general this year, I found it terrific. I invited three friends over who aren't that into golf and all four of us found it exciting. I'm not sure what you were looking for on the field.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the masters was live here in aust starting at 4.15am i got up at 5 20 mins later i went back to sleep, this masters was boring as tiger missed so many putts i wanted trev to win he deserved it but i wanted tiget to get 1 shot bakc or even to c how the other players would cope with this pressure. i then got up at 7.30 and was lait for school 40 mins lol

I thought it was pretty good, Trevor's tee shot on the 18th was pretty tense, I was thinking to myself...."self, what if he puts it in the trees?"

Seems like a good guy, congrats to him.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I found this years Masters fun, I was out of town so ended up going to find a pub with a tele and watched the whole 4hours of coverage. Immelman played well and sounds like a good guy, very sincere in his speech and paid thanks to the people who support the game. Good luck to him, he seems a good lad.

I had a few bets on, so it's always fun seeing if Mickelsen, Romero, or O'Hair could have finished in the top four.

Can't wait for the US open now.

Do you really need to say "on crack"? Isn't it implied that Courtney Love

Well, in between rehab stints anyways.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

say, what happened to Tiger's Grand Slam?

Well it's Trevors Grand Slam chance now! Only he can do it in 2008. I'm glad Tiger didn't win because now we don't have to hear about it for the next 11 months...

I guess some people watch golf to see "moments" - like John Daly unleashing a big drive, Tiger holing ridiculous shots or Woody Austin falling in the water. I'm a golf fan and I want to see good golf. Trever played brilliant golf. Congrats to Trevor - I'm delighted. It's good to see a nice guy win. He played outstanding - a gutsy par at 11, a super birdie at 13, a mistake at 16 - it was a back-9 with some special moments. More of the same please, Trevor.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Yeah Trevor was rock solid- for the turning point for him was when he holed a 20ft par putt on 11 and Tiger missed for birdie on 13.

Its great to see someone play consistently like that- there are a lot of people out there irritated by the hysteria that surrounds Tiger. Hopefully, Jack's target will be a bridge too far for Tiger now (?)- no major is guaranteed anymore for Tiger, and hopefully Trevor and people of his ability will step up and play to their ability in the big tournaments. Duval was the only player to take Tiger down on the course!

I've got some cents 2 add, now I assume I along with every other South African golf fan was rooting Trevor on, especially after I played some junior golf with him (although I do admit he was finishing up when I was just starting to play in the same tournaments) , and then my sisters best friend is Trevor's wives cousin and I do agree, she is stunning!!

My gripe comes with regard to Gary Player. He is always looking at a way to be in the lime light, although oftne good does come from it, I still find it's mostly for personal gain.

I bet if I had continued on and won a major, he would have have said I was his protege, just for the fact that I met him a couple times at his old farm Blair Athol, when I was younger while my father was doing work there, cause he showed me some tips on bunker play (which I still hold firm in my head to this day, and it's some of the best advice I've ever had and I regard the only thing that makes me the exceptional bunker player I am today)

Congratulations Trevor Immelman who somehow managed to make Zach Johnson seem interesting. FOR THE LOVE that guy is boring as bats%@t! Here's a question: did Gary Player suck up ALL the personality of EVERY South African golfer? Ernie Els: BORING. Goosen: snooze-ola! COME ONE COME ALL: Watch South African golfers not smile for 4 hours. Later, we will watch GRASS GROW! I think if Immelman stared at his line any more before his shots he could have given JB Holmes a run for his money. Meanwhile Sirjohn and the rest of you Tiger haters are complaining about too much Tiger. I would rather watch him miss putts anytime than this golf coma. As far as I am concerned, Augusta National got what they deserved for creating an over-difficult course: a BORING Sunday. Thank goodness this Masters is OVER!

You know what. I bet that Player and all of the South Africans could give a hoot about what you think. They are not playing to entertain you but to compete. If you don't like their personality then too bad you Tiger ho.

WITB
r7 SQ TP 8.5* Diamana White 83 X
GS Tour 14* Aero 85 X
Md 21* Aero 95 S
MP-67 MP-R Black Ni Wedges Red Circa62 No.2

...I bet if I had continued on and won a major, he would have have said I was his protege, just for the fact that I met him a couple times at his old farm Blair Athol, when I was younger while my father was doing work there, cause he showed me some tips on bunker play (which I still hold firm in my head to this day, and it's some of the best advice I've ever had and I regard the only thing that makes me the exceptional bunker player I am today)

LONGEST...SENTENCE...EVER

I will say congrats to Trevor. Wasn't the most exciting finish, but he got the job done - and thats what counts right? Can't wait for the next major :)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Administrator
Here's a question: did Gary Player suck up ALL the personality of EVERY South African golfer? Ernie Els: BORING. Goosen: snooze-ola! COME ONE COME ALL: Watch South African golfers not smile for 4 hours. Later, we will watch GRASS GROW!

As someone noted already, you forgot about Rory Sabbatini. And I don't really think Gary has a lot of personality... just a very self-promoting one. :)

As far as I am concerned, Augusta National got what they deserved for creating an over-difficult course: a BORING Sunday.

The final round was again very much like the U.S. Open. They let the boys score a little in the earlier rounds, but yep: a boring Sunday brought on by a boring course without many options. A 75 in the final round shouldn't win by three. Sad.

I'm a golf fan and I want to see good golf. Trever played brilliant golf.

No denying he played well. I think some of us just wish he had been FORCED to play well, or had some competition to make things interesting. People justifiably claim how boring it is when Tiger wins by eight. The same thing applies here. Competition is fun... watching one "good" golf shot ever 15 minutes from a leader six shots in front is not.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As much as I love Augusta, I think they tourney folk got what they were asking for. If you want a high scoring course, your going to see some ugly golf under pressure. People want to see birdies on Sunday, yet we want the ultimate test of golf as well. Can't really have it both ways.

It seemed like every time Trevor lost a shot to the field, the field gave the shot back to him. Snedaker had a horrible back nine, Flesch dunked it on 12, Tiger was up and down missing short putts, Paul Casey blew up. Again, got what we asked for.

I enjoyed the Masters but wish we would maybe calm down a bit with some of the course alterations. -8 is still pretty low though.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!