IGNORED

Big Break IV Discussion

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
So, I watched last night's show. TJ didn't even finish the fifth hole, losing 5&4 to Paul. He had something like 150 yards for a par and didn't even bother to take the shot. What kind of a lame way to end things is that? At least frickin' go for the par - if he DID make it, he might have jarred Paul so badly he'd bogey out and TJ could win. Utterly stupid, non-competitive, etc. to have pulled that move.

Then again, TJ wasn't exactly the model of "good competition" in this whole series and particularly this show - talking to himself, faking psyching himself up, etc. It was horrid.

At least the Guy-Thomas match was better, but neither of those guys seemed terribly consistent. Paul will win 3&2. That's my prediction.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the semi-finals were pretty crappy for the most part. The Paul/TJ match was over before it started in all reality. TJ knew he wouldn't beat Paul, and it showed after only 4 1/2 holes of action.

I was really shocked by Thomas' performance. He wasn't sharp at all, with the exception of his last two drives. Guy gave him a number of chances to get back in the match, but Thomas didn't take advantage whatsoever.

I didn't think they could get in both semi-final matches in one episode, but I was proven wrong because of the lackluster play of a couple individuals.

I'm ready to see the finals and get this thing wrapped up. It's run its course, and I've enjoyed it. But it's time to move on to something new and female. :)

Like Erik said, Paul will win the finals. I'm guessing 1-up.

All I know is TJ was as crooked as a politician. Jeez, he hit it into places I don't even think are really in play. Thomas wasn't much better, really Paul is the only one of all these guys that has half a chance at getting the exemption and not making a complete ass of himself. Can you imagine a big name European pro being paired with one of these guys? I certainly hope that the GC televises whichever tournament the winner gets into, it will be very interesting to watch.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

So I was wanting Guy to win...but in the end I was happy with the results.
I could of done without commentary from Tommy. I cracks me up every time this guy begins to talk he sounds as if he actually believes he is really making a profound statement. I think in the IQ department my dog could give him a run for his money. He is definitely not the roundest wheel on the cart.

The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

I was glad to see paul win. Sure didn't look very convincing at the end though. Seems like he has some serious issues finishing the deal. It should be interesting to see how he can do out there on the tour.

Well, I'm glad Paul won. However, Guy had more than his fair share of chances to take over the match near the end. Paul was very solid early on, but Guy hung in there. Paul bogeyed nearly everything at the finish, but Guy could only manage to better him on one hole.

It was a fun final, and at least I predicted the winner and winning score. :)

• Administrator
Well, I'm glad Paul won. However, Guy had more than his fair share of chances to take over the match near the end. Paul was very solid early on, but Guy hung in there. Paul bogeyed nearly everything at the finish, but Guy could only manage to better him on one hole.

No guy that shanks

TWO OR THREE balls over the course of a week and a half should ever win the Big Break IV. That he almost did (Guy) is a testament to how poor the level of play is. I can't imagine a PGA Tour pro shanking a straightforward shot (i.e. not against a tree or in a creek or near a rock or whatever) more than 2-3 times per YEAR. I know it happens on occasion - Tiger nearly did it at the Buick with his "fanned" 2-iron - but 2-3 times in 10 days is poor, poor, poor. Plus, and maybe the tees are different in Europe, but why were they playing from the WHITE tees? I saw red tees in one shot and then there they were, playing from the white tees. Did TGC want more birdies? The pros probably play a course 1000 yards longer than they played. 479-yard par 5s???

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Plus, and maybe the tees are different in Europe, but why were they playing from the WHITE tees? I saw red tees in one shot and then there they were, playing from the white tees. Did TGC want more birdies? The pros probably play a course 1000 yards longer than they played. 479-yard par 5s???

From the Carnoustie site, "(12)Southward Ho 479 Yards - Par 5

Played as a par 5 from the back tees and a par 4 from the other tees..." But anywho, I am glad Paul won, although I am surprised that both players did as well as they did. Up until the final holes Paul was 2 under I think. And despite Guy's errant shots he made some nice recoveries to keep it close. I never really liked him in the beginning, but he is not so bad and I am glad he finished second. But as for these guys on the tour, I just don't see it. Scratch golfers they may be, but that does not make them professionals that will succeed. Even average Nationwide players seem to have better shots in their repertoire than these guys, and most play more consistently too.

I stopped watching it once Bart was out... oh wait, it was the 1st show
hated the format, not much fun. bring on 'da ladies is right !!!
( did you order your calendar yet ??? )

I agree..I think the women are funner to watch..all the drama and cat fights adds for some entertainment. I heard that they all are pretty good..so hopefully we finally get a show from the start...not just on the final 18 holes of the show!
Hey....I forgot to mention earlier..Paul's little hokey speech at the end ...made me want to barf.
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

• Administrator
geez..I didn't realize it was the last event..finally..good riddance..they need to throw in a Nationwide tour player just for reference. Bring on 'da ladies..

I'm fairly certain Frank Nobilo could kick their butts. They could throw HIM on for reference.

I agree..I think the women are funner to watch..all the drama and cat fights adds for some entertainment.

I could honestly care less about the drama and entertainment. I just like to watch the golf. I enjoyed Big Break IV as I've stated before, but it has run its course. It's time for a new one. But the "golf" is the reason I watch. I could watch any of the local channels for the reality TV if I wanted to see constant drama.

why did Nobilo stop playing? or does he? I liked him.

Not sure, but I thought he had one of the prettiest swings. I loved watching him play.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 6688 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!