IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have watched the Cirbie interviews in that black low cut top she was wearing all night had my hand not gotten raw... Hmmm TMI.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

I think Tina was too worried about losing to Cirby, and almost did. I don't think any of them wanted to face the barefoot wonder in the 1st elimination challenge.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I could have watched the Cirbie interviews in that black low cut top she was wearing all night had my hand not gotten raw... Hmmm TMI.

hahahhaa, That was quite a nice view.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've tried to ignore it, but so far the actual golf in this season has been terrible. Tina three puts from 12 feet? Nobody gets up and down from any position in the elimination challenge? People were missing the green with wedge in the immunity challenge? This is just now good. I want to see some good shots...

Also, I wanted to like Kirby so bad, but by the end of that episode I was fine seeing her go. She was saying how she LOVED putting... and she's just as bad at that as everything else. And wtf is with the club spinning... it looked cool ONCE in the series preview, but give it a rest...

It said she was from the cactus tour... must be a strong group of players.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Cirbie officially did not hit one good shot on air. I never liked her from the start, see my description. She tried way to hard to be "real" or "authentic," and - my pet peeve - had that, "I'm too cool to really care about this" air, despite the ridiculously long preparation routine. Not to mention, she'd be really cute if she was just herself, but the over-the-top outfits, the barefeet, the push-up from hell (sorry, dear, you have tittle ol' litties) - she was just so overdone.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Thank god the witch is gone! Man I was so glad Tina didnt lose to Cirbie. I couldn't stand her. The 5 Minutes she took was insane!!! Chip or Putt, Chip or Putt. COME ON ALREADY!
I would have blown a gasket if I was waiting for her.

As for the challenges. Did anyone else think that blind approach challenge was pretty lame and un-eventful? I thought it was really boring. So far this season has not produced anything really exciting. I know it is still early in the season but they need to come up with some decent challenges.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

So far the golf has not been the best. There have been a few good shots but overall I've seen much better golf from past BB women. The elimination of Cirbie is a good thing. She's too much of a control freak (long shot prep time) and is dying for attention (dress). Yeah, I guess she makes for good TV but golf purists would rather see women who don't have so much in the way of issues but rather who can REALLY play the game. That would be more entertaining for me. The woman who won the 5 large this week....she got off on the wrong foot with me as far as attitude. Yeah, she hit some good shots this week. But for my money, shut up and play golf. Let the sticks talk.

I'm very glad the baton-twirling gothic straddling a horse golf pro wanna-bee is gone. Oh man, she was driving me crazy, yea, I know, it's a reality show, what do you expect. But I'm a stay-home dad and this is one of a few of the entertainment I get without going crazy myself. lol
My day is basically entertaining and holding conversations with a 2-year old.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

I couldn't believe that people were telling Cirby "Nice shot wooo!!!" when she hit a ball of a perfect uphill lie in the bunker to... 30 feet? I'm an absolutely terrible bunker player, and I was left thinking "I'm so sure i could have gotten inside that"

I am starting to worry that they chose this group for something other than golf talent...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

lol golf talent? hahahahah no, they didn't pick them based on that.

ALSO..GOLF CHANNEL..>WHAT THE HECK?! after Big Break, they had an hour long infomercial for a fitness program called P90X. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? ITS PRIMETIME TV!!!

I wanted to see Cirbie win... I always enjoy the underdog challengers. Especially since half of those girls are elitist you-know-whats. I really wanted to like Christina and Lori, but my god they are taking things to the extreme. Be competitive but don't be so rude and obnoxious. They have to see that they themselves suck - otherwise they'd be on the LPGA already!!!

My favorites this season so far is Sam because of her accent, Susan the new pro, and Kim because I think she has the best game. I severely dislike Adrienne because of her attitude and overall butch appearance. Dana is somewhere in the middle for me - she looks like she has had some cosmetic surgery but she is shown to have a very nice personality.

And - does anyone else think that Tina resembles that dead blonde chick from Lost?
Raor~

Driver: Integra SoooLong Quadratic 10.5* with Innovate 603 graphite shaft
3 Wood: Classic Tour HiGHLY 15* with Integra I-Drive graphite shaft (HiBore Clone)
Irons: Tour + C-Quence 3-SW Irons (Nike Pro Combo OS clones)Wedge: T7 TM Series 60* Lob Wedge (TaylorMade R7 Clone)Putter: STX Snyc 9750...

I think think that Kim has the most game, but I also like Liz and her interviews/confessionals. She seems to speak her mind, especially about Cirbie in the last episode where she only needed to hit the green on her approach shot. "Cirbie.....whatever...."

Hot chicks......beatiful setting......golfing......what's not to love?

It's about the only reality TV that I'll watch.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

A couple of notes about this show. I can see it being an interesting show if I actually followed what was going on and who was being eliminated. The problem is, I watch the Golf Channel sporadically, and GC seems to re-run episodes constantly and in a haphazard order, so to an outsider like me it seems like I'm always seeing the same episode, and no one is ever actually being eliminated. Overall a pretty chaotic experience.

Additionally, I'm a bit turned off by the obvious push toward sex appeal. Can't we enjoy the *sport* part of sports, rather than trying to turn everything into a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue? As much as I like golf, it seems to objectify women as much or more than any other sport, not looking at them simply as athletes, but rather as hot chicks who also happen to be good at golf. In the case of Big Break, it's kind of embarrassing for me (a guy, mind you) to see these women, who in many cases are not exactly super model material, shoved into skimpy bathing suits and asked to pose for the camera. They're on the show because they've worked their butts off to be elite golfers... right?

A couple of notes about this show. I can see it being an interesting show if I actually followed what was going on and who was being eliminated. The problem is, I watch the Golf Channel sporadically, and GC seems to re-run episodes constantly and in a haphazard order, so to an outsider like me it seems like I'm always seeing the same episode, and no one is ever actually being eliminated. Overall a pretty chaotic experience.

I'm pretty disappointed in this show. GC is basically making a travesty of the sport. Think they would rather play the "controversy" card than have a flat-out good golfing comp. I'm sure they wouldn't admit it but they want "babes" and "*******" because that makes for good TV. Will probably continue to watch but if it gets worse I may give it up. The show's a nice idea though. A nice idea gone awry.

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!