IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was scared Sam was going to loose. I like listening to her talk, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

On the two eliminations: Sophie hit some unspectacular shots but what a putt! Shows that you don't have to be the best player to move on. Adrienne handed that match over on a silver platter. Thought she was a better player. Putting is key. All four of those players are better than several other who got past elimination. Gotta perform in those skills comps or you can get sent home quick.

I can't say I wasn't unhappy to see Liz leave..she blows..that shot from the bunker was nothing short of horrible. She's a head case.

Susan bugs the heck out of me right now and just can't stand her pseudo-naive attitude.

I like Lori and say she'll be battling out with Dana in the finals. Dana and Lori seem the most calm and collected.

I still can't remember the names of the others but that's all for now from me.

I liked Liz, she wasnt afraid to speak her mind and she is soo hot.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

Sam has a pretty good tempo and swing.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

Liz was pretty annoying to me. She kept talking about how much she needed the money. I think she put too much pressure on her self. I thought it was interesting that the first thing out of her mouth when she was eliminated was how maybe she should give up the game. That is a really bad attitude and she will never make it anywhere giving up. On the flip side Adrianne said the opposite right after she got eliminated. She thought it was a great learning experience and she is going to work even harder.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

On the par putt that Adrienne missed, I knew it was going left before she even hit it. I mean granted I couldn't see the green and the break but her alignment was way off. All I could think about was this thread and how the husbands/caddies/other people tend to lign women up.

If Liz happens to read this I will console her...as long as my wife doesn't mind.

Liz was pretty annoying to me. She kept talking about how much she needed the money. I think she put too much pressure on her self. I thought it was interesting that the first thing out of her mouth when she was eliminated was how maybe she should give up the game. That is a really bad attitude and she will never make it anywhere giving up.

I was disapointed when she said that. I've been rooting for her and really hated to see her go like that. I think she was really counting on that sponsorship to allow her to continue devoting all her time to improving her game. I think she was mostly speaking from the frustration of being eliminated by an opponent that she viewed as having inferior talent to herself. Not to take anything away from Sophie - She played that hole perfectly within her abilities and made one hell of a putt when she needed it. But yeah, Liz's little speech about quitting golf and getting an office job, etc. wasn't the best note for her to go out on.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I was disapointed when she said that. I've been rooting for her and really hated to see her go like that. I think she was really counting on that sponsorship to allow her to continue devoting all her time to improving her game. I think she was mostly speaking from the frustration of being eliminated by an opponent that she viewed as having inferior talent to herself. Not to take anything away from Sophie - She played that hole perfectly within her abilities and made one hell of a putt when she needed it. But yeah, Liz's little speech about quitting golf and getting an office job, etc. wasn't the best note for her to go out on.

I agree. It was most certainly out of frustration. I dont know how many times I said I was quitting the game for good after I had a bad round. Just interesting difference in attitudes between the two eliminated.

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Liz was pretty annoying to me. She kept talking about how much she needed the money. I think she put too much pressure on her self. I thought it was interesting that the first thing out of her mouth when she was eliminated was how maybe she should give up the game. That is a really bad attitude and she will never make it anywhere giving up. On the flip side Adrianne said the opposite right after she got eliminated. She thought it was a great learning experience and she is going to work even harder.

After watching her bio video on TGC.com, I was pulling for Liz and wanted for her to win because it looked like she really needed the "Big Break" considering she grew up on government housing and food stamps. Maybe this was the thing that could jumpstart her career. But maybe after getting eliminated, she probably thought golf was not going to be the answer and she needed to get a real job with a steady income? It doesn't matter now because she is no longer on the show.

I was most surprised at Adrienne 3 putting from 25 feet away, she seemed to be such a good player. That putt by Sophie was surprising as well, considering the speed she had.

• Administrator
I was most surprised at Adrienne 3 putting from 25 feet away, she seemed to be such a good player. That putt by Sophie was surprising as well, considering the speed she had.

Had it not hit the hole, it'd still be rolling. Them's the breaks. Liz should still be on the show, but BAM, just like that, she's not.

She did hit the wall, too. So it's not like she couldn't have spared herself. Big Breakers usually know they'll face the wall and the glass breaking thing. I wonder if she practiced those two shots, since those are on just about every show.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed Erik, they would have had to practice that shot. I was surprised to hear Courtney say that she had seen it on TV and almost act like she had never hit that shot before.

I for one was very disappointed that Liz left. She had some candor without being a B*tch (like Lori on the first show). But Lori seems to have become warmer even though that is akin to an iceberg melting a little bit.

Very glad Sam did not lose as I agree with the other posts, that voice alone is velvet.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Hmmm, I missed the first few shows, good thing I happened on this thread.

Turns out my stupid DVR was set to record Big Break: Mesquite, but because this season is called Big Break: Ka'anapali, my DVR didn't think it was the same show and didn't record it. Fixed it by entering the Favorite as a key word "Big Break".

Hopefully they will show some of the first shows again, so I can catch up.
How many episodes did I miss?

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

I agree. It was most certainly out of frustration. I dont know how many times I said I was quitting the game for good after I had a bad round. Just interesting difference in attitudes between the two eliminated.

exactly, Liz was hurt that it came down too that putt by Sophie (think about it, that was sort of say a lucky putt for birdie by her), plus add to it Liz screwed 2 shots up, 1st the wall shot that hit it, and 2nd the sandtrap shot that didn't get out.........

I was a bit dissapointed by Liz's remarks about possibly giving up the game too. That's no way to think. She's clearly got a nice looking and functional swing and game. And I'm amazed by all the "big break's so and so" names I see on the little running score ticker I see on The Golf Channel. Even if they don't win, the girls of Big Break go on to have some promosing careers on the LPGA. I think she can get there.

Courtney. oohwee. She is getting cuter and cuter. And I'm not really a blonde guy.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!