IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

i've been buying a crapload of stuff that i really dont' need! get me the hell out of the golf store!!!

Some Titleist NXT Extreme's and tees to go along.

Think my next visit will be an expensive one, where I will buy a new set of irons along with a new putter and maybe a 3 wood.

« Keith »

I had a couple of my clubs regripped plus I bought a new putter cover and a cell phone carrier.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Bought a new Adidas stand bag and a new towel.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

Last time I went to the golf store I got the FT-5 tour with a custom graffaloy platinum shaft. Its a frickin beast.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

Too much...I'll be feeling the dent in my wallet for a while.
  • Callaway Warbird Hot Stand bag (replaced a ten year old bag)
  • Clicgear 2.0 cart (I need to walk...lazy....don't want to carry clubs)
  • FootJoy Contour shoes
  • 4 Reebok Golf microfiber shirts
  • Long tees...the kind with the painted blue mark for tee height consistency
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Never been to a golf store! Closest one to me is about an hour drive. I plan on going soon. Need a putter...

8 dozen Pro V 1 balls with the pro shop credit that I won playing in a tournament last year. I then sold them on e Bay for $308.50

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

8 dozen Pro V 1 balls with the pro shop credit that I won playing in a tournament last year. I then sold them on e Bay for $308.50

CHA----CHING!!!!!

It pays to play well!!!! Nice way to convert your good play into $$$. When I laid off golf the ProV1 was just coming out...my golf buds were starting to use them....lining them up for huge tee shots....lining them up for putts....etc. I come back to the game 3 years later and see that the ball has been a mainstay ever since. Way to go Titleist !!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Greetings. Today I plonked down the cash on the Adams A3OS irons, complete with fitting and grips. I'm looking at the Big Bertha 360 or the Hibore xls for a driver.

I haven't played much recently so I decided to get a real set and beat the crap out of a lot of balls this summer. We only live once, eh...?

Ohhh, last time I went was a joyous day. Just left the Byron Nelson, went to the PGA superstore b/c I needed a hat. Couldn't find a hat, so I went to Golfsmith. They were having a tent sale. HUUUGE discounts.

They already had stuff on clearance outside (about 30-40% off), but that day you took an ADDITIONAL 25% off, but if you bought 3 items...you take 50% off!

So, I got a new Titleist hat (not on sale, $21 or so), 2 Addidas Climacool shirts, and 1 Greg Norman (same kinda Climacool) shirt, and a little club head cleaner all for a total of $80! Each one of those shirts are like $60 normally!

While at my golf store (Walmart) I purchased my adams 3 wood. Also some zero friction tees and Top Filte Freak Balls.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Pin High Golf in Lee's Summit. I got my clubs re-gripped with Golf Pride Tour Velvet for $5 per club! They feel like brand new clubs!

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

My last trip to a ••••••••• resulted in about an hour and a half fitting session on a launch monitor for a new driver. I walked out with the Callaway Hyper X listed below in my signature.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I went to my local store (Edwin Watts Golf) today considering the purchase of a Burner 3 wood and a Monza Spider putter. I first tried out the putter and I wasn't hitting it any better then I normally hit my old ping blade putter, so I decided to not buy it. I then went to the simulator and hit a demo Burner 3 wood. I stepped up to the ball and without and practice swings or anything blasted it down the center with distance about what I get from demo drivers there. I thought it might have been just a lucky swing, but I then kept repeating the performance. I did hit a couple of shots not flush, but there was very little (10-15 yards) of distance lost. I couldn't buy the club fast enough. I'm going to play later today and I am pumped to see this club in action on the course!
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Bought an OGIO Grom
Nike Shoes
and 24 Hx Tour 56's

Big Dent in my savings

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

The last thing I bought was a Wilson brass blade putter (like the one Corey Pavin is using this week). I was sinking everything on the practice green with it and it was only like $25, so I said what the hell and got it. Haven't put in my bag yet though.

One of our main golf shops is in the process of closing down. Yesterday I found myself walking out with a sack full of golf gloves and shoe trees for my golf shoes. (Shoe trees for golf shoes are one of the greatest investments but one of the most overlooked by golfers to help prolong the life of their golf shoes.)

What's In My Bag:

Hyper X Tour Driver 10.5 Fujikura Fit On X (R)
OrlimarFury*13 Aldila 55 (R) Big Bertha Heavenwood *21 UniflexBig Bertha Heavenwood *24 UniflexX-20 5-PW Uniflex 49/54/588 60 Craz-E 35" Pro V1 X Home Course: Hidden Valley Golf and Athletic Club...

(Shoe trees for golf shoes are one of the greatest investments but one of the most overlooked by golfers to help prolong the life of their golf shoes.)

I agree 100000000%!!!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |