IGNORED

5 Clubs + only FIVE

Callawaytour
Note: This thread is 5886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you could only take 5 clubs around your usual course what would they be and why? I would find it fairly hard to play to my handicap with just 5 clubs.....

Also if you 're up for a challenge, go play your course with the 5 clubs you chose, come back here with you 're score. Best score wins a drink on me!

I have done this before, and I used putter, GW (52 deg), 7 iron, 4 iron, and 3 wood. It's really not as difficult as you might think. You just have to plan ahead your shots so that you have a distance you know you can hit without having to try something you wouldn't normally do. I don't remember exactly what I shot, but it wasn't very high. If you want a real challenge, try playing a whole round using just one club. It's actually pretty fun.

Fore!

I would choose putter (about 50% of all strokes are putts), 18 degree hybrid, 6 iron, 9 iron, SW.
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

I´ll go with only four :

- 4 wood (17º)
- 6 iron
- Sandwedge (54º)
- Putter

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

I've done 3 clubs before but never 5.
I would take:
  • 3 Wood
  • 6 Iron
  • 53°
  • putter
  • Ball retriever
And it isn't likely that I would hit my handicap....even though those are the clubs that I typically use the most (replacing the 3 wood with a driver).

(EDIT: Ok. After playing a few holes in my head with these clubs......I probably could hit my handicap or be really close to it.)

I'd take my Driver, 23* hybrid, 7i, GW, putter

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

i've done this with my dad before when he was teaching me how to play last year.

5 iron off the tee
5 iron 2nd shot
sand wedge 3rd shot
and then the putter.

so we did it with 3 clubs. if i could add 2 more clubs, i'd add 3 wood and then a 3 iron.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

3 Wood

5 Iron

8 Iron

PW

Putter

this is really not unusual for me because when I started golf it was just with a few clubs. You can actually play pretty well this way and develop the feel for a lot of shots. You really get to learn how to use your hands.

Brassie (t-shot and second shot),Cleek(Long shots),Mashie(approach),Niblick(gettin outta trouble,hazards,pitching,etc),Putter(putting)..............probably goin out today................ill report back how this works
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...

5 wood, 5 iron, 9 iron, GW, putter
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Driver
5 iron
8 iron
PW
Putter

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Putter, Driver (I can hit it 225 off the deck), 50 degree wedge, 6 iron & 8 iron and I bet I could shoot my handicap on my home course from the white tees (122 slope 6300 yds)

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

3W
6i
9i
LW
Putter
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

3 wood
4 iron
7 iron
pitching wedge
putter

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Note: This thread is 5886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!