IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear All Day Pants - Now with Joggers/Hybrids

• Administrator

TRUE Linkswear, makers of my favorite shoes for golf (and almost everything else), are now shipping two kinds of pants:

The All Day 5-Pocket Pant embodies a classic denim silhouette and styling with a functional material that caters to an active lifestyle. Slim-tapered fit that looks and feels like cotton, but features a durable nylon...

A timeless style updated for the modern man - The All Day Chino pays homage to a classic chino silhouette while offering a functional material that caters to an active lifestyle without looking overly technical. This...

The main differences between the two:

• Pocket layout differs slightly between the two.
  • The fit: 5-pocket is slim tapered, chino is slim relaxed.

Colors are:

• Black
  • Charcoal
  • Coffee
  • Khaki
  • Lunar*
  • Olive

* Only in the Chino.

TL_5pocket_Charcoal3299-Edit.jpgTL_AllDayChino_Khaki.3353-Edit.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

This is my first letter to all of you that isn't about shoes - and I'm excited about that fact. The release of the All Day Pant Collection is years in the making, and I wanted to reach out and personally give you a bit of background about this endeavor. 

My brother (TRUE Co-Founder) and I grew up playing golf since we could walk - eating, breathing, and consuming all things golf. When we couldn’t find a pair of golf shoes that looked, felt, and performed the way we wanted, we were just crazy enough to think, “Why don’t we just make some?” The same can now be said of golf apparel, starting with the biggest pain point in our wardrobe - the perfect golf pant. 

We’ve all been there, looking through sea of golf pants, trying to find one pair that you feel good in. But, if you’re anything like us, the market felt flooded with bright colors, shiny plastic fabrics, fits that were too loose and some that were too tight. Often this meant we had to take that search outside the golf market to find something that we felt alright in. Finally, that will no longer be the case. 

With the TRUE All Day Pant Collection, we really honed in on the things that we always wished existed in a golf pant. A durable, stretchy, comfortable shell fabric that isn’t shiny. A slim, tailored fit that still allows for athletic mobility and all day comfort. A color palette representative of our taste - colors inspired by the great outdoors. A pant that holds up to the elements but remains breathable on hot days. The only pair of pants you need to pack for your next golf trip - knowing you won’t waste time with the hotel ironing board.

We soft launched these pants about a week ago, and we've been absolutely blown away by the response we've received from the early adopters, TOUR players, and industry professionals. That pre-release took a significant chunk out of our inventory, so please secure your preferred sizes and coloring while supplies last. If you're interested in learning more, check out our Blog HERE. I've also included two of my favorite colorways below along with a first-glimpse of our latest hoodie and tee releases.  

We're excited to continue to change the game together. Believe us when we say, 'this is only the beginning.'

Cheers,
Jason Moore
President | Partner

The blog post is here:

The release of the All Day Pant Collection is years in the making, and I wanted to personally give you a bit of background about this endeavor. You might be thinking, "Why pants?". Or maybe "Stay in your lane", but...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to TRUE Linkswear All Day Pants
  • Administrator

I've worn these pants now for a day. My day included putting the pants on before an 8am glasses (new frames), about three and a half hours of practice at Golf Evolution, walking 18 holes at Lake View, eating dinner, and returning home at about 7pm. So, "all day" pants, they were!

I wore the Chino model. Remember, the difference between the two are:

• Pocket layout differs slightly.
  • 5-pocket is slim tapered, chino is slim relaxed.

Some photos and some initial impressions below. First, the photos:

truelinkswear_adpchino_bag.jpg

The pants don't come in a full on piece of luggage like many of the shoes do 😀 but they are in a nice zippered mostly opaque pouch.

truelinkswear_adpchino_butt.jpg

The pants were, of course, a bit wrinkled out of the packaging, and I didn't have time to iron them (ha ha, sorry!), but I figured they might stretch out a bit anyway. The material is a modern-day one: it feels a bit "tech" fabric-y, and it's not ridiculously soft, but it doesn't feel like plastic like many super-tech pants feel. It feels like it might shed a little water, too, which is nice. Again, without feeling like plastic.

truelinkswear_adpchino_waist.jpg

The chino is a slightly more relaxed fit, with five pockets as well - the front right pocket has the inner pocket you can see here, which is honestly a bit too deep. I put my ball marker and repair tool in it (so they wouldn't keep pressing against my phone or screen or the magnet on the back) and had to dig down pretty far to get them out, and my hands and fingers are a bit longer than most.

The back right pocket is zippered, and the belt loop has a small loop as you can see above. I consider it mostly decorative, but I suppose if you had a small key ring with a carabiner or something, you could clip it to that.

truelinkswear_adpchino_cuff.jpg

The cuff has a small hem height and a liner on half of the cuff for a little structure.

truelinkswear_adpchino_side.jpg

I have a hard time buying pants because, while I fit into a 32" waist if you're only talking about waist size, I buy 34" pants because my thighs and calves (and, let's be blunt, my ass) are thicker than most people with a 32" waist, so 34" pants tend to give me some breathing room and reduce the instances of wedgies and/or restrictions across my thighs and calves. Anything with the name "slim fit" gives me pause, as these pants did. I mentioned to TRUE that I did have a pair of the Lulu ABC pants, and they fit okay because they were just stretchy enough, and I would say that these pants are very similar in fit (the ABC pants are a bit less "tech" feeling and a bit less water-resistant).

You can see that I have plenty of room through most of the legs. You can also see how the pants get tight (no extra room let alone a wrinkle or fold in the fabric) around my calves. It's tight enough that if I pull the pants up and kick really hard, they still don't slide down. But… it's not uncomfortable at all. It's just… I know the pants are there, as it's a gentle hug. At the end of the day, too, the pants had stretched ever so slightly that it was a bit less of a squeeze.

truelinkswear_adpchino_pocket.jpg

The wrinkles or folds you see here are a result of a few things. First, as noted, I didn't iron the pants as I was in a bit of a hurry to get going, and made a last-minute change to my plans, so I had to wear these all day. Second, they're evidence that I have enough room up here in the top part of the pants. That's great, because a lot of "slim fit" pants are slim everywhere. I can deal with a little gentle hug to my calves — I cannot deal with wedges or anything that squeezes my jiggly bits. Third, too, the elastic triangle near the pocket seems to bow the pocket out slightly, which is great functionally as it keeps the pocket open, making for easier access to both the outer and inner pockets. It's very easy to just throw your phone or keys into the pockets, without having to feel around and push open the pocket. Some may not like the "style" of this — they may prefer a flatter pocket that doesn't stick out at all, but I like them how they are. Also, I think the pocket will be a bit flatter after an ironing and will fit different for people with different dimensions (e.g. someone with less of an ass may have a flatter pocket).

It goes without saying that the stitch quality is good, the seams are tight, and the pants seem to be very well made. I like the double belt loop in the back, and the zipper on the right rear pocket feels very solid. The pockets are a stretchy translucent tight mesh material that doesn't irritate — in fact, it's almost soothing in feel — and all are big enough (or a little too big for the inner pocket!) to fit even today's extra-sized phones.

Initial Conclusion

To be honest, I was apprehensive. I don't like the word "slim" in descriptions of pants I like to wear, and though the style is more toward "joggers" and other slim-fit type pants, I've still preferred slightly to wear looser, baggier pants simply for the room they tend to have in the upper part of the pants.

But the TRUE Linkswear All Day Chinos have that room up top, while still offering a modern, slimmer look (as slim as my calves allow, anyway) below. With the four-way stretch, the All Day Chinos are comfortable and breathable. The water resistance will come in handy, not just for spills, but for early-morning rounds, foggy days, days with a little rain, etc.

I'm not replacing all of the pants I own with these, but if you check back in a few months from now, my initial grey pair will probably have some friends.

If you have any questions, or want any extra photos or anything… just let me know!

• Thumbs Up 1

Solid take. I am on the fence, as with most pants these days i simply do not like the look of the skinny ankle. I like my pants to fit over the top of my shoe not to fit inside the shoe. They do look nice. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Solid take. I am on the fence, as with most pants these days i simply do not like the look of the skinny ankle. I like my pants to fit over the top of my shoe not to fit inside the shoe. They do look nice. 

I could take more photos of the bottom, but honestly, the photo above is almost as good as it would get as it shows both legs so you get to see the inside and the outside. I guess a photo from in front and/or behind might show you a little bit more, but… not a ton. I will try to get some of these later on.

The return policy seems to be the same as for their shoes, if that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one pair of the Chinos, and after wearing them for 3 days (1.5 rounds of golf, and a low key weekend day of errands and chores), they are now my favorite pants. I recently ordered two additional pairs.

I am picky about pants. I have a thick lower body, mostly due to genetics but also spending my youth involved leg sports; soccer, football, cycling. It is difficult to find pants that fit my waist well but allow mobility, and this has gotten worse now that slim/tapered/skinny pants are more popular. I usually go up one inch in waste to a 35 for the extra room in the legs. Sometimes waste size goes in 2-inch increments, so I have to get a 36 which is too much. The True Chinos I actually bought in my normal waste size (34), and they are a bit snug in the thighs and calves, but not in an oppressive feeling way, and the fabric is stretchy enough to still be plenty comfortable. They don't have the "skinny" look (that I dislike), even though True calls them a slim fit.

I have a few nits to pick, but nothing that stopped me from buying a two extra pairs.

• They only do 32" inseam and I really prefer a 30" inseam for my cuffs to fall where I like them just above the ankle. This is more specific for early morning golf, I like my cuffs to be high enough above the shoe to not collect dew and get my socks wet. For daytime/non-golf wear, the longer inseam is fine.
  • The elastic key loop thing is pointless IMO
  • While the pants have stretch, the waste is rigid. This makes it a little harder to re-tuck my shirt when it comes a bit untucked, and for those with a n-1/2" waste, might need to go up to the next size. Lucky for me, the 34" waste is just about perfect.
  • The pockets are perhaps overthought. One rear pocket has a zipper, the other doesn't. I don't need a zippered pocket, and zippers tend to be points of failure in clothing. I also have no need for a valuables/phone pocket.
  • The cardboard brand/size tags are stitched into the fabric which was a PITA to get out. I really dislike things like that which really just make it harder for me to use start using the product. Also the pants came in their own little custom baggie, which could have easily had all that information on the outside of the bag. I guess the tags are needed for retail stores, but there has to be a better way to do that.

Great pants, highly recommended.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Darkfrog said:
  • The cardboard brand/size tags are stitched into the fabric which was a PITA to get out. I really dislike things like that which really just make it harder for me to use start using the product. Also the pants came in their own little custom baggie, which could have easily had all that information on the outside of the bag. I guess the tags are needed for retail stores, but there has to be a better way to do that.

You just rip it off.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Cuffs???  😄  Though I have heard they are making a comeback.  Along with pleats.

The bottom of the pants. I have a picture up above. Not sure what you're talking about here…

On 11/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, iacas said:

truelinkswear_adpchino_cuff.jpg

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

You just rip it off.

I did, but the stitching stayed in so I had to snip the loops with tiny scissors and pluck it out the threads with tweezers. Not a big deal, just mildly annoying.

-Peter

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I did, but the stitching stayed in so I had to snip the loops with tiny scissors and pluck it out the threads with tweezers. Not a big deal, just mildly annoying.

Or… you could have just left the stitches in there. If they wanted you to take them out, they'd have just put the tag on a different way.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Or… you could have just left the stitches in there. If they wanted you to take them out, they'd have just put the tag on a different way.

I’m too anal retentive to do that. The black stitches on lighter fabric would drive me nuts every time I saw them.

I realize this is a me problem, lol. I should buy a seam ripper. 

-Peter

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

A timeless style updated for the modern man. The All Day Jogger embodies a classic jogger fit and styling - yet in a functional material that caters to an active lifestyle without looking overly technical.

All Day Hybrid Jogger, a classic jogger fit at the waist but features a regular pant styling at the bottom. Made in a functional material that caters to an active lifestyle without looking overly technical.

Two new ones - joggers and jogger hybrids (jogger tops, "regular" bottoms/cuffs).

They're working through the sizing for these, but they're going got be S, M, L, XL, and XXL. They'll correspond to somewhat traditional sizes here soon.

Hybrid-Lunar-Front.jpgJogger-Charcoal-Side.jpg

S - 30”
M - 32”
L - 34”
XL - 36”
XXL - 38”

• iacas changed the title to TRUE Linkswear All Day Pants - Now with Joggers/Hybrids
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't see any belt loops.

Where am I supposed to put my white belt? 😜

I’ll tell you where to put it.

Back in the drawer.

• Funny 3

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Two new ones - joggers and jogger hybrids (jogger tops, "regular" bottoms/cuffs).

Do you know if these are the same material as the All Day Chinos?

If yes, I might try a pair of the hybrids. The joggers, no thanks, that look does not work for me. 

-Peter

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Do you know if these are the same material as the All Day Chinos?

If yes, I might try a pair of the hybrids. The joggers, no thanks, that look does not work for me. 

From the horse’s mouth:

Nylon/spandex blend… nice 4-way stretch and 1/2 elastic waistband.

Insanely similar. Only real difference is the waistband, pockets, and cuffs - the fit/material is super similar.

I might try the hybrid too.