IGNORED

What Formats do You Play?

wacker

9 minutes ago, klineka said:

You know it's medal, not metal, right?

Yeah, but famously I don't proof-read. 
I just press submit. 

• Funny 3

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/1/2023 at 10:07 AM, saevel25 said:

Just learned a new golf drinking game last night. 

Birdie, you take a shot
Par, you do not take a shot
Bogey, you take a shot
Double Bogey, you take two shots 

😛 

I would make it handicap adjusted, lol. 

My scramble team does something similar. We have played the same tournament for 20 years.
We celebrate birdies with a shot of whiskey.
However by mid round we may also punish our selves with shots for bogies.
Then towards the end, when we need a final push we start drinking whiskeys after pars.
it is not a sound strategy and it is amazing we can average 14 under. And thankfully we have DDs!

We also use dots on a score card to determine who contributed- i.e. hit a great drive, chipped in, made a long put. 
The one with the least dots is responsible for all beverages next year!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

My Sunday group we throw $20 in and play skins and greenies. Occasionally, we throw in an extra 10 and play a group vs group best two balls match. Within our foursome we play skins and greenies and we normally play 6 hole "robins" which are match play.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Yep, there is a pattern here. It looks like this side of the pond we tend to plat Stableford, whereas your side you prefer stroke play (medal)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2023 at 9:14 AM, Elmer said:

Otherwise I try to get my 4some to play Back Stabber

In our neck of the woods, we call it Vegas 
It can get out of hand as a friendly game when teams wants to press the bet 
We start at $1 per point and by the end of the game it can be upward of $4 per point
A single hole Win/Loss could be in the neighborhood of 60 bucks when a birdie is made
at just a $1 per point - I call it a Crazy Game too rich for my blood 🙂

@wacker as a large group, we play 2Man Blind Draw - Best Net score of the total with a side game 
of Gross & Net Skins, Entry is $20

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

13 hours ago, Club Rat said:

In our neck of the woods, we call it Vegas 
It can get out of hand as a friendly game when teams wants to press the bet 
We start at $1 per point and by the end of the game it can be upward of $4 per point
A single hole Win/Loss could be in the neighborhood of 60 bucks when a birdie is made
at just a $1 per point - I call it a Crazy Game too rich for my blood 🙂

@wacker as a large group, we play 2Man Blind Draw - Best Net score of the total with a side game 
of Gross & Net Skins, Entry is $20

I would have to dig deep for $1 a point, so $4 a point is out of my league.
I keep it simple and within my means, beer and food. Which really can just be pizza and a few pints.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I play two leagues that are both net stroke play and match play, number of holes won over the season and low net  both pay out. We play skins and Nassaus most weekend casual rounds, sometimes 2 man best ball.

Match play is my favorite because someone can have a meltdown and still be in it....

On 2/1/2023 at 3:07 PM, saevel25 said:

Just learned a new golf drinking game last night. 

Birdie, you take a shot
Par, you do not take a shot
Bogey, you take a shot
Double Bogey, you take two shots 

😛 

I would make it handicap adjusted, lol. 

Blimey, I'd be pissed after 4 holes

Like to play many formats  but mostly MId-week stableford with the odd stableford to Medal saturdays.. of course we have matchplay haggles within the 4ball .. 

looking forward to my first matchplay game for CLUB CHAMPS ....next week >>>

Go Foxy Go

Usually play a better ball match or, as you would call it on your side of the pond, four-ball. Bets on the front, back and total. 

Bill M

• Administrator
7 hours ago, phan52 said:

Usually play a better ball match or, as you would call it on your side of the pond, four-ball. Bets on the front, back and total. 

You could just say a "four-ball Nassau."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets