IGNORED

sixiron Tries to Get Banned

This is new to me (albeit im new here).

Curious about the question re: personal attacks on pros being allowed. Why would you post a personal attack? Ive stated I dislike TW and not had any negative recourse, its not to say i dont think he is/was an amazing golfer.

Go check the LIV/PGA topic plenty of debate ongoing not seeing any bans from it.

Assuming you have good intent, welcome

• Like 1

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

4 hours ago, sixiron said:

I don’t care if anyone responds or not

This is a discussion forum. If you don't care whether anyone responds to your comments, why bother making them?

I just want to know where I stand?

On increasingly thin ice, if I'm reading the room right.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, sixiron said:

he did say my question was “silly” silly debate about long pants and shorts, which I had no intention of starting a debate some one else did that 

He gets to have an opinion.

1 hour ago, sixiron said:

Want to know my real opinion about Rory not winning the tournament today

i doubt it

WANT to know? No. Your behavior here has warranted that.

But, until recently, you were free to share your opinion. This whole "teasing" thing you've been doing wore so thin so quickly it wore through.

1 hour ago, IceMike said:

Curious about the question re: personal attacks on pros being allowed. Why would you post a personal attack? Ive stated I dislike TW and not had any negative recourse, its not to say i dont think he is/was an amazing golfer.

Go check the LIV/PGA topic plenty of debate ongoing not seeing any bans from it.

Yup. But I will point out that there's a difference between a "personal attack" and a comment like "Man, Phil Mickelson is a dirtbag" or something. They're public figures, and we comment on their actions occasionally.

Anyway, to wrap up this topic, I'll share a little bit here. People don't always see "behind" the scenes a bit. They don't see user reports, they don't see direct messages, etc.

@sixiron was given a 20-point warning while I was at dinner (and not by me) for, well, you'll see.

It started when he reported a post. This post. I sent him a DM, as I could see where this was heading.

9e9217a4-6deb-450a-9d87-ee5e4816b778.jpg

My post "Notice he did not accuse you of trolling. He only asked you a question." is a direct reference to:

3 hours ago, sixiron said:

Notice I did not say I hate tiger woods, I only asked a question

That seemed to go right over @sixiron's head. After I suggested what he do, a few messages later… we get this:

@sixiron:

So can Bann me and get it over with. I see
thats why I wanted the get out in front of all this

To refresh your memories…

5 hours ago, sixiron said:

Question: what’s it take to get banned on this site?
Answer: honesty?

That was the second post this fella made on the site. That same post included:

are all moderators unjust control freeks? Or just those on golfing forums?

Of course, then we got this gem of a topic:

That topic included, among other inane stuff:

Does a redneck golfer always have to wear blue jeans, a shirt with no sleeves and a red hat?

why does liv golf allow shorts but not the pga?

I thought they merged?

It's around this same time that @sixiron got the 20-point warning in the DM and was temporarily restricted from posting.

It was followed up with two more reported posts:

sixiron_report_2.jpg

To you, @sixiron, you were not banned. You were given a warning, and your ability to post is temporarily suspended. Your warning was not given to you because you were "asking about it?" You were, however, asking FOR it.

I don't even remember what post this next report was associated with, but it was one of you guys (not a moderator or administrator) for a post in one of the two topics. It was, as the others have been, baseless.

sixiron_report_3.jpg

At this point, Don, you're suspended until late afternoon on the 15th. Continue to erroneously report things and you'll get another warning.

You get to have and share your opinions… but our other members, many of which have been here for years, also get to share their opinions of you.

You are not guaranteed the right to be here, or for us to have to listen to anything you have to say, or tolerate any behavior.

https://thesandtrap.com/guidelines/

You violated the over-arching policy here:

Don't be a scumbag, don't take things too seriously, and be real while giving others the benefit of the doubt.

And as I am writing this up, @sixiron reported @boogielicious's post.

sixiron_report_4.jpg

Then he reported @SEMI_Duffer's post:

sixiron_report_5.jpg

At this point I have to post this so that Don can see what I wrote above: Continue to erroneously report things and you'll get another warning.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why can’t people understand the difference between calling someone stupid and calling an idea/opinion stupid? It’s ok to be wrong. Being wrong doesn’t mean you are an unintelligent or bad person. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• iacas changed the title to sixiron Tries to Get Banned
  • Administrator

Several "contact us" spams, name-calling, etc. ensued after more stupid DMs.

sixiron.jpg

We've reached the limit. He started by asking about how to get banned, and now he's found out. Two THREE (one was worth 0 points) other moderator warnings today got him to 40 points, and I just gave him the non-expiring 99-pointer.

Addition via subtraction. He was never trying to contribute anything but the shit he put out there.

• Thumbs Up 5

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1. Shades of Patrick 57, maybe a distant relation, but this pattern is easy to recognize. If you post to just be argumentative or absurd you will get called out. This was never a democracy, but its pretty fair and patient. 

2. My Ian Trollter response to @boogielicious should have received a thumbs up for creativity and entertainment by the OP on his inane topic which he derailed in record time. 

3. The non-expiring 99 pointer is the next logical step once double secret probation has been violated! See ya! 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
5 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

3. The non-expiring 99 pointer is the next logical step once double secret probation has been violated! See ya! 

Spammers get 999 non-expiring points. Users banned often get 99, when we remember to do it, if they're specifically banned.

Other users who get to 50… sometimes we forget to remove the non-expiring. Or the last 10 or 20 or whatever are non-expiring, but the earlier 30 points or 45 points they got might expire.

But… yeah.

• Funny 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, phillyk said:

Being wrong doesn’t mean you are an unintelligent or bad person. 

Wew, that's good news. ... Cuz, I'm wrong all the time. 

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.