IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

• Administrator

Well since nobody is playing the front, @StuM and @CarlSpackler I put you both on the Middles.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@StuM my index is 16.7

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, billchao said:

@StuM my index is 16.7

Yes, we have your GHIN, since you're in my eClub. 🙂 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Well since nobody is playing the front, @StuM and @CarlSpackler I put you both on the Middles.

I’m good with Middle Tees

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

(edited)

Weather Outlook

Friday:  Mid 70's, Sunny, No Wind 
Saturday: Mid to Upper 70's, Partly Cloudy, Light Breeze
Sunday: Upper 60's to Low 70's, Cloudy with 45% Chance Rain, Light Wind 

I am loving these temps for golf. 

I am kind of glad to get back to Northstar since I do not remember much of the course. Looking at the aerial images, I remember some of the holes, and the routing. 

Reading a few reviews on Eaglesticks, it looks like it is in good condition? I wonder if the amount of rain they have gotten this year has helped out. Which is nice because it's a very fun course to play. I like the layout a lot. 

The Virtues is really nice. 

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Weather Outlook

Friday:  Mid 70's, Sunny, No Wind 
Saturday: Mid to Upper 70's, Partly Cloudy, Light Breeze
Sunday: Upper 60's to Low 70's, Cloudy with 45% Chance Rain, Light Wind 

I am loving these temps for golf. 

I am kind of glad to get back to Northstar since I do not remember much of the course. Looking at the aerial images, I remember some of the holes, and the routing. 

Reading a few reviews on Eaglesticks, it looks like it is in good condition? I wonder if the amount of rain they have gotten this year has helped out. Which is nice because it's a very fun course to play. I like the layout a lot. 

The Virtues is really nice. 

I bumped into a couple from the Columbus area at Garland this week and he said both courses are good.  Of course I have no clue what his definition of a "Good Course" is.  But it doe encourage me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

We are not playing Northstar.  We are playing Eaglesticks & Virtues.

Stuart M.

9 minutes ago, StuM said:

Yeah, I know that.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator
4 hours ago, StuM said:

Eight of us are playing Northstar, @StuM. 😜

This thing is in 36 hours! Hype!

Drive safe everyone, looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

(edited)

An FYI, In Zanesville Ohio there is a very good ice cream shop.  They have been open for over 70 years.  

Tom's Ice Cream Bowl offers hand packed ice cream, sherbet and sorbet by the pint and quart, ice cream in a dish or cone, sundaes as well as factory packed ice cream by the half gallon or 3 gallon.

I haven't been there since probably 2011-ish. 

Edited by saevel25
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Eight of us are playing Northstar, @StuM. 😜

I kinda thought about that after I posted.  Have fun 

Stuart M.

Thx for letting us know

Stuart M.

See you all soon.  There is a range at Eaglesticks.

tee times start at 10:15

see you all soon

Stuart M.

• Administrator

So a quick reminder on the game:

Identify your A/B/C/D or A/B/C player (in whatever order you choose as a group).

On holes 1-16 (ABCD) or 1-15 (ABC) the player who is in the Batter's Box, their score counts. Plus you get to choose one of the other two or three players to count. On the last two or three holes, you choose any two scores you want per hole to count.

All net, with this scoring (for each of the two scores):

• Albatross = 7 points
  • Eagle = 4 points
  • Birdie = 2 points
  • Par = 1 point
  • Bogey = 0 points
  • Double or worse = -2 points
  • Like 1

• Administrator

The album is…

• Like 2