IGNORED

nicest golf course you have played

GOLFSALOT00
Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A couple of the local courses are really gems:

Mount Vintage in North Augusta, SC

The River Club in North Augusta, SC

I also was thouroughly whipped at Karsten Creek in Stillwater, OK
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Floridian Golf Club in Stuart, FL.

It is Wayne Huizenga (Auto Nation, Blockbuster Video, Waste Management) private golf club and members are "honorary" which means by invitation only. No initiation fee. So basically you get a letter each year or you don't. The course is on the intracoastal with Forecaddie's etc...Absolutely, unbelievable experience.

-also-

He developed a club in Banner Elk, NC (near Boone) called Diamond Creek. Regular memberships here. The place is absolutely immaculate though. I love it.

Both of those are the most beautiful courses I've ever played. Wayne is a service guy so you cannot beat the experience.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Because these clubs were built primarily for golfers, the amenities are superb, the design and layout of the course is challenging, yet accessible: the courses are 1) Spring Creek in Collierville, Tn., and Old Waverly Golf Club in West Point, Ms. (home of the 1999 Women's US Open, won by Julie Inkster).

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Recently played a round at Old Chatham in Durham, NC. They are still working on the clubhouse and the course, but it is an awesome course. The member i was with wanted to play it from the tips...brutal. Really long and a stern test, but really nicely done.

In the bag:

Driver:      titleist.gif 905S 9.5*
3 Wood:   callaway.gif FTi
Hybrid:     nike.gif 2Irons:       titleist.gif 710 CB 3-PWWedges:  titleist.gif Vokey 52* - 56*Putter:      ping.gif Gi5

• 4 weeks later...
TPC at Deere Run in the Quad Cities. amazing layout. dramatic elevation changes, set on a river. well worth the 3hr drive. cheap too, $70. course was in immaculate condition, they had just finished redoing the bunkers the day i played. relatively easy course to play (shot a 78 from the TPC tees... and that's with 4 penatly strokes)

hope to play Whistling Straits in the next 2 weeks and i'm really looking forward to playing Cog Hill #4 next year after the redesign.
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

3 nice courses...too bad they are private/somewhat elitist. but that is the story for most nice courses:

Salem CC in Peabody, MA
Congressional in Bethseda, MD
Ferncroft in Danvers, MA

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

That one in my avatar, the only special one I've played - The Ocean Club -Bahamas, Paradise Island

Michael Jordans course

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

The Country Club in Brookline, MA

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

Kind of hard to tell since I've played many tremendous courses and some of them have obviously better rankings, but I can't say that makes them "nicer." For example, I've played The Frog outside of Atlanta several times and for the life of me, I think that's just as nice, if not nicer than Somerset Hills in Jersey.

Seminole
Oak Hill - East Course
Somerset Hills C.C.
Kiawah Island
Caledonia (Myrtle Beach)
Dunes (Myrtle)
Bethpage (Black)
Quaker Ridge (NY)

3JACK

Edinburgh in Minnesota.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

Any of the Legend courses in MB - especially the Heritage.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

The London Club (Where the European Open is being held this year)

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

my top 5

1. Erin Hills
2. Hazeltine National
3. Princeville
4. Bandon Dunes
5. Shinnecock

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I grew up playing at Insch Golf Club in Aberdeenshire, Scotland - while it is far from the best course in the world it will always remain my favourite.

In terms of 'name' courses the best I've played are;

St Andrews (old)
Gleneagles (Kings)
Winged Foot
Quaker Ridge
Piping Rock (NY)

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

I think the prettiest; would be the NSW Golf Club Course in Little Bay, NSW (Australia). It’s a course which is just above the ocean’s shore (yes, indeed, I lost a whole set of balls due to the water and the rocks around), and the view is just stunning.

Cheers

Scioto Country Club, Columbus, OH

It's on the U.S. Open rotation but they don't want their course messed up.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Cypress Point

also, Winged Foot and The Country Club would be up there.

Muirfield and the Old Course over seas.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Note: This thread is 5809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!