IGNORED

Have you ever jarred a shot, on the fly??

golfunit
Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've seen this on TV, and I think once a long time ago I did this from a trap. However, I have never done it on a full shot, or even seen it done in almost 40 years of golfing.

I have made 4 holes-in-one, including one that hit a foot from the hole and hopped in. I have hit the flagstick numerous times, but never had one go directly in the hole.

This year I holed a 6 iron from the fairway, but it hit behind the hole and backed in.

Anyone ever accomplished this feat??

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

Timely thread, I was just talking about this today.

I have done this. I was 80 yards out on a par 5 and hooped a LW straight down into the cup. The rest of my group was at the green and watched it happen. Didn't leave any sign of a ball mark at all.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

My one hole in one was a one hop and in. On a par 4 a few years ago I pulled my tee shot then punched out to 100 yards and jarred a gap wedge on the fly for birdie. I couldn't see it go in but from my playing partners reactions I knew it was in.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Yup, probably one of my more memorable shots as it was my first eagle ever and it was one of the few days I could get my mom out on the course with me.

About 70 yards out on a par 5 and hit a full LW and I remembered being excited right when I saw it at it's peak cause I knew it was gonna be an easy putt for birdie. Even better and dropped directly in the hole without touching the green. Group on the next Tee Box gave out a couple funny comments.

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona

• Administrator
On the fly, I think about 15-20 yards was the distance. I've rolled them in or hopped them in from farther, but on the fly, I was just trying to get up and down from some greenside rough beside a bunker.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've done it twice. First time on a par 4 I duffed my tee shot into a creek, took my drop and layed up in front of the pond then slam dunked a 110 yard wedge for par. It clipped off a little of the hole edge on the way in. Second time on a 235 par 3. Missed the green wide right then flew a lob wedge from 40 yard straight in for birdie.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only lofted one into the cup. Had too much club on it, but I got lucky. I've never hit a hole-in-one. I have one eagle to my record.

on TV - the Players' Championship circa mid-90's, I'll never forget Fred Couples' shot after he put it into the drink. The ball didn't EXACTLY jar the cup, it took a small chunk out of the cup lip and went straight in. Crazy shot though, he saved par on that one.
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

I've come really close. Only a month or two ago actually. On a short par 4, my second shot from about 50 yards slammed into the cup then popped back out and came to rest about 10 feet from the hole. It was pretty neat to see because I'd never done that before. Wish it would have stayed.

Here's a video of Michael Jordan dunking one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DE12k6XIKnM

Fore!

I have once many years ago. Playing a two man scramble with my Dad we had about 140 out on a par 4. Hit a choked down 8-iron. Funny thing was, there was a cart directly behind the hole waiting for the next tee box, and the sun was behind the green so I couldn't see the ball too well, when I heard the ball hit metal I thought I flew the green and hit the cart. When I went up to apologize they said no ball came their way and to check the hole. Sure enough it was in. The cup had about a half a pitch mark cut out from the ball flying in. Sad thing was that we didn't get in the skins game. Let that be a lesson, always get in the skins game, you never know what may happen.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I've never done it during a round. But a buddy and I were playing horse (a chipping game) after practice one day. Basically you call the shot that and where it is going. I called a flop shot that would dunk the hole, and actually pulled it off. I was amazed that I pulled it off. We had some money riding on it, of course which made it better. The craziest thing is that he hit the exact same shot, and put it right on top of my ball. It was absolute craziness. Guess i was never going to win the little match.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

I've never done it during a round. But a buddy and I were playing horse (a chipping game) after practice one day. Basically you call the shot that and where it is going. I called a flop shot that would dunk the hole, and actually pulled it off. I was amazed that I pulled it off. We had some money riding on it, of course which made it better. The craziest thing is that he hit the exact same shot, and put it right on top of my ball. It was absolute craziness. Guess i was never going to win the little match.

Seriously? Wow! Too bad you didnt get that on video!

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Note: This thread is 5840 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!