IGNORED

Ian Poulter - Ass

iacas
Note: This thread is 2025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not necessary as I read it fine the first time.

Agreed with everything he has just said.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Hey Iacas, As I was reading that I did recall you having an issue with him at this same tournament last year. Unacceptable to act like that. We've all done stupid stuff on the golf course (some more than others) but like it or not these guys are paid a lot of money to act accordingly. Obviously I don't know Ian Poulter, never talked to him, but he just looks like a dick so I'm not surprised.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Ever since those Union Jack trousers...

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Hey Iacas, As I was reading that I did recall you having an issue with him at this same tournament last year. Unacceptable to act like that. We've all done stupid stuff on the golf course (some more than others) but like it or not these guys are paid a lot of money to act accordingly. Obviously I don't know Ian Poulter, never talked to him, but he just looks like a dick so I'm not surprised.

... i concur, he is a very toxious obnoxious knobhead! Anon

Agreed, if you can't stand the heat, get off the Tour. Just because you're having a bad day doesn't give you a license to sh*t on the fans or anyone else for that matter. Who does he think he gets his paycheck from? Directly or indirectly, it's from the fans.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I would have probably shoved my camera down his obnoxious, oh my GOD did you really leave the house dressed like that, prima donna pie-hole.

Driver: WRX G5 9* Fujikura Speeder 757
3-wood: G2 WRX 14*
Hybrid: G5 19*
Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*
Irons: G5 4-PW Wedges: Tour-W Black Nickel 52/12 & 58/08Putter: Milled NC #5Bag: Bagboy RevolverBall: ProV1XShoes: Adidas Tour 360 II

Well it can be a fine line to judge at times maybe, but IMO these pros are making a large fortune in gold (some of them anyway) as high-profile public figures and frankly the attention they get is a part of the dues that are paid. You want one, you better accept the other. In other words, they should darned well have the grit to put up with a lot of telephoto lens photography - as long as it doesn't interfere with their game of course . And Erik was clearly not interfering with anything, he's prolly the last one to do that. If someone does cause a problem, if the golfer isn't sure who was responsible he/she shouldn't act like a prima donna or spoilt brat. Suck it up and wait for the moment when you've caught someone cold - then by all means use the boiling oil ......

Like I said before though, it's easy to preach but difficult to act the part, especially for the younger ones. I wish that I'd been cursed with this ethical problem myself .... Mostly they'll learn in the end or take a lot of heat for it over their careers - a much bigger problem for them I would have thought.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Poulter continues to convince himself and no one else of his delusionary greatness. I think it is hilarious that a few from his part of the world try to justify his stupid acts.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I find it disgusting that some athletes and celebrities feel that they can say anything to anyone at any time and get away with it. I find it disturbing that there are always people who support them in it.

Honestly, I don't care how much money they are playing for. It does not give them the right to be an ass and it should not give them a free pass to ignore the rules of respect and courtesy everyone else in the world is expected to live by.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

hmm......sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time....SOL I guess huh?

That's what I was thinking. This unfortunately isn't an isolated incident with professional golfers. I've been to 25 pro tournaments or so since 2002 (whether it be practice rounds or tourney) and there has been at least one instance where I have seen this at each one. Maybe not to the extent of dropping "F" bombs, but it seems that if you have a camera in your hands, look out. Guilt by association. I've never understood how a golfer who is so enthralled with his putting stroke or full swing can know in a group of people who the exact person was who took the photo. Amazing.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Well it can be a fine line to judge at times maybe, but IMO these pros are making a large fortune in gold (some of them anyway) as high-profile public figures and frankly the attention they get is a part of the dues that are paid. You want one, you better accept the other. In other words, they should darned well have the grit to put up with a lot of telephoto lens photography -

Well put... The bottom line is, Doulter was having a poor round (by his standards) and needed somewhere to direct his frustration. Erik provided an easy target. Golf is truly a gentleman's game. I believe this, but these a-holes need to quit blaming everything and everyone for their lousy play, and take a look in the mirror. In other words ..shut up and play the game you spoiled, pampered twit.

Just MHO.

"You're not good enough to get mad. Enjoy the round." Arnold Palmer to Jim Leyland.

Driver: Taylormade r5 80 10.5
Irons: Taylormade RAC OS 3-PW True temper reg flex
Hybrid: Nike Rescue 18* graphite stiff flexWedge: Taylormade RAC 56* satinWedge: Cleveland Tour Action 60*Putter: Odyssey White...

If that'd been me pointing the camera/lens at Poulter and he turned and snarled, "did you get enough pictures?", I'd ask him if he wouldn't mind posing for just one more, thank you very much...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

LOL.

I wish I had that kind of composure under fire ........

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I have nothing against Poulter or any other pro, but it's obvious that pros need to grow a thicker skin by playing in the conditions the rest of us play in. I play all the time with cars driving by and people talking. You might look at my handicap and say, so what? but when I actually make a good shot I can make it whether it's dead silent or a golf cart is driving by me. Golf pros are spoiled by playing on silent courses with caddies. if they played with noise and distraction around them they'd grow thicker skins and this wouldn't be an issue.

Note: This thread is 2025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!