IGNORED

Longest Drive Ever Seen

iacas
Note: This thread is 5382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the longest drive you've ever seen hit by an amateur?

• 250-290 yards
    • 290-310 yards
    • 310-330 yards
    • 330-350 yards
    • 350+ yards
    • Heck if I know?!

I hit a 394 yard drive down wind in a bestball 4 some tourny. I carried about 310 and hit the cart path, bounce bounce bounce and ended up back in the fairway! HAHA, I was looking no more than 350 yards and couldn't find the ball and my dad decided to go look at almost 400 yards. I was telling him theres no way it went that far and to just screw it, then he finds my ball and we go crazy lol.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play with a guy on Sunday mornings that played semi-pro hockey when he was younger. He was about 5' 9" and 200 lbs. His forearms were like my calves. He hit the ball a mile. I watched him hit a draw on a 500 yard par 5 where he had about 130 left into the green. The ball absolutely flew off his club face. I was about 20 yards ahead of him on a par five, laying two, when he hit. The sound the ball made was like a loud hiss. You could barely follow the ball it was going so fast.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

One of my bosses hit one of his about 320 on a flat hole right in the middle of the fairway with a slight headwind.

On a very very very slight downhill I've hit one about 340.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

longest shot i ever hit was alittle over a half mile! there is a street near my house that is bone straight that about 2 cars drive on a year. i teed one up in a crack in the street and let it fly. it was my fourth attempt at this but i got one to stay on the street and i got in my car and reset the trip and it was at .5 before i got to the ball. i just finished watching Tincup which is where i got the idea. i might try it again cause i hitting the ball alot better this year.

i was on top of a really really really large hill that a street is on last night, and while hangin out i took my driver out of the trunk and tee'd one up and smoked it. i really wonder how it far it traveled.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I played baseball in college. Played one day with a teammate who was 6'6 and about 280 - lousy golfer, but a tremendous pitcher. Par 4, 409 yards - he put his drive on the apron of the green - about 390 - no wind, no nothing. He made a 6-footer to save his bogie.

The longest drive I've ever seen is one I hit about two months ago here in Hawaii at a course called Olomana. I RIPPED a drive center cut on a par 4 that measures 410, and the cart path cuts across the fairway 100 yards short of the green. I landed the drive on the cart path and bounced another 40 or so yards, leaving me with a nice sand wedge to the pin. And no, I didn't shank one into a pond and make bogey, but I did two put for par

whats the record for the longest drive in golf?

From GolfToday Mag: "Etihad Airways’ second “Swing on the Wing” competition has proved a huge success with European Tour star Henrik Stenson hitting a record long-drive of 721 yards on the runway at Abu Dhabi International Airport." (

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/year...k_stenson.html ) On an actual course (not bouncy bouncy asphalt), this was the farthest I've seen claimed with any credibility: (From: http://thelongestlistofthelongeststu...om/long28.html : Longest golf drive in competition: Name: Mike Austin Date: 1974 Place: National Seniors Open in Las Vegas Distance: 515 Yards Notes: The hole is long, straight, and flat, measuring at 450 yards. Mike Austin had a 30 MPH tailwind to assist him. Needless to say his drive went well over the green. His carry was just over 400 yards, landing short of the green, then taking some nice bounces coming to rest 65 yards past the flag.

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

I drove a 320 yard, uphill par 4 yesterday. My ball was actually a little bit past the hole and just off of the fairway. A few holes before that, I hit the ball to 80 yards in from 420 out. I credit that to a slight wind and the dried out fairways. We zapped it with the rangefinder and were shocked that it went as far as it did.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

my coach at wake forest golf camp was carrying the ball more than fifteen yds over the fence at the end of the range, whic was 320 yds away...and there was absolutely no wind.....he plays occasionally on the nationwide tour and was a 4 time 1st team all acc at wake forest
my longest drive was 315 including, but it was almost all carry bc it was so wet(i average about 270-280)

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

• 4 months later...
there is a par 5 at a course where i use the driving range, i can pitch the ball on the green, its downhill (a lot) and big dogleg 496yards on the card, god knows how far the route i take.

drove flat hole of 390 last year - only played 4 rounds so not many too choose from

hit some drives 400plus on harder fairways

longest drive ever is by the current world longdrive champion and it is a confirmed 551yards from tee to ball!!!!!

kenny

my coach at wake forest golf camp was carrying the ball more than fifteen yds over the fence at the end of the range, whic was 320 yds away...and there was absolutely no wind.....he plays occasionally on the nationwide tour and was a 4 time 1st team all acc at wake forest

My drive.

#6, short par 5. Slightly downhill right to left slope. Just let one rip down the right side. Must have rolled for a couple weeks because on a 495 yard hole it was just in front of the 150 marker, so about 350 yards.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

hit the 350 mark several times under favourable conditions but i only hit the ball about 270 usually

play with friend of mine in my club - drove a par 4 at my home course 370 yards. 10 feet for eagle. left it in the jaws. was unreal. i knocked it 50 yards short first, thought he had work to do to knock it past me....my dad was playing in front, thought my drive was this guys and got a shock as this ball rolled past them on the green!

as for Pro's - saw Henrik Stenson bomb one 310+ with no wind at the Ryder Cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlVRkKvEwi4

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I've hit a 357 yard drive a few times on one particular hole on my home course, with the wind blowing behind me and the tee box being very elevated. I've seen my brother hit a 360+ yard drive on the first hole of the Royal Woodbine in Toronto Canada. The wind was also behind him, but it was an awesome drive. The two guys we were paired with, who we had never met, remarked that they felt like going home...lol...and it was the very first hole.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

The longest drive I've ever seen was at my club last summer. During the member guest, they had a long drive contest run by the club's pros. They had a guy run out with a flag to each drive, then the pro measured it a Bushnell laser. One of my friends clocked one 363!!

Then the club's pros tried to beat it, and none got over 330. I truly believe my buddy probably carried it a bit over 300 (maybe 310) and the sucker just rolled about 50 yards.

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I was playing PGA SoCal last summer with a friend. We played Champions in the morning, then Legends in the afternoon. On the back 9, there was a long par-4. He crushed his tee shot - I hit my third shot before we found his. It would've been dead-center of the fairway, except the fairway gave way to rough fronting the green.

Pegged the distance with his rangefinder back to the tee markers: 406 yards.

This guy averages 280, so it isn't a bug surprise that he was capable of hitting a 400-yard drive.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know if it was the longest drive I have ever seen but it was the longest that I have seen under a little pressure...Back in the day, my dad would play in the Western Open (now the BMW championship) pro-am, the Wednesday before the tournament started. There was a long drive hole for the armatures that was a slight dog leg right and slight up hill. My dad hit it 325 yards and won the contest.
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Note: This thread is 5382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!