IGNORED

A Roaring Tiger !

Scott_Tee
Note: This thread is 5816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods will win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines. So Cal is his backyard. take that to the bank !

Eventually, I'll get the hint and stop advertising, which is against the rules.

its actually Phil's backyard, but tiger does own the torrey during the buick. But I think the US Open south course conditions will be far from Buick Invitational conditions...totally different course, I say Phil places better then Tiger this time around.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

its actually Phil's backyard, but tiger does own the torrey during the buick. But I think the US Open south course conditions will be far from Buick Invitational conditions...totally different course, I say Phil places better then Tiger this time around.

I didn't realize there was a place above first.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

Tiger Woods will win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines. So Cal is his backyard. take that to the bank !

I doubt he gets top 5

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I just want him to get back so I can start watching golf again (not entirely true).

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I didn't realize there was a place above first.

call me crazy, but tiger wont win, not even top ten. the reason he wins is because he trains and practices day in and day out. When a pro takes time off to heal from surgery, they aren't gonna be the same their first time back, especially at the longest course in US Open history...

Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I just want him to get back so I can start watching golf again (not entirely true).

That's sad. I know you said it wasn't entirely true, but there are A LOT of talented golfers in the world other than Tiger Woods. There is no doubt Tiger brings in more fans, but I actually enjoy watching events he doesn't play in. Golf fans actually get to see a few other guys hitting golf shots on the broadcasts.

As for Tiger winning, it's always a solid possibility. I won't be picking him though, since he missed The Memorial. I just can't pick him without seeing him in action once before the event. He won't miss the cut like he did in 2006, but he won't win either. I'd guess he will rake in another top five or so.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger may own the Buick tournament, but I got my US Open program in the mail this week and Torrey Pines now is a completley different golf course. They've moved some of the greens and re-did them, moved tee-boxes, added fairway bunkers and shifted 3 of the fairways up to 15 feet towards the canyons. Tiger, or anyone is going to have their hands full with that place. I cant see Tiger winning that tournament with such a long lay-off. If he finishes in the top 10 I would be surprised.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I think not, look at the last time he took time off (Earl's death). Missed the US Open cut.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

Actually, i believe that when Tiger is in the field, the 'Sampras Effect' kicks in, and many avid golf fans just switch off or tune out. As good a player that he is, many of us find TW boring. As Thrash13 has said, there are many other good players in the field and i dont think that Tiger should be continually put on a pedestal. Look how excitng the Players Championship was without Tiger. Obsessional media coverage of TW is a problem and many of us are disillusioned with it.

To say that TW will make the cut and do well at the US Open is overestimating even him.

I'm going against popular opinion about Tiger on this post but I think he will do well. He may not win the US Open but I think he will be in the thick on things come Sunday afternoon.

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

call me crazy, but tiger wont win, not even top ten. the reason he wins is because he trains and practices day in and day out. When a pro takes time off to heal from surgery, they aren't gonna be the same their first time back, especially at the longest course in US Open history...

I disagree, and I doulbt he was just sitting on his as playing video games...

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

i reckon tiger will come back strong, but i'm not sure if he will win the thing. i would like to see adam scott, geoff ogilvy or luke donald win. adam because when he does play well he is hard to beat, geoff is such a great golfer that i love how he plays, and luke because he doesn't win many tournaments but has such a beautiful swing. and 1 thing i would like to see is more actual golf shots instead of the majority of the broadcast showing putts.
well thats just my 2c

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

This is no knock on Tiger but I have been enjoying watching PGA tour events quite a bit with him gone. Now I definitely welcome him back and welcome anyone to challenge the best but this past month or so has been nice seeing some others get into contention, how they handle it, etc.

As for the US Open I have a hard time picking him to win the thing. Too much time off. I realize the last time he returned from surgery he won but as we saw in 2006 this may not be the best tournament to make your first start back on. But this is Tiger Woods so I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him contend and win. And, I honestly don't know who my money would be on as they all seem to have question marks right now. I'd pick Furyk but he's not playing as well as he was a year ago and now is screwing around with different putters... Kenny Perry... oh, that's right, he's skipping it

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

That's sad. I know you said it wasn't entirely true, but there are A LOT of talented golfers in the world other than Tiger Woods. There is no doubt Tiger brings in more fans, but I actually enjoy watching events he doesn't play in. Golf fans actually get to see a few other guys hitting golf shots on the broadcasts.

I agree with you that it's nice seeing more guys during the telecasts. And this is coming from myself who got into golf in large part b/c of Tiger back in the late 90's. I fell in love with the game b/c I watched more of it b/c of Tiger then finally tried it with my colleagues at the hospital. If we didn't have Tiger's experience after his pops passed away then I'd predict a top 5 finish (he often ends up there even when he plays like doo doo...) but this is a tough course to open up from after surgery.

If Tiger wins i think it would be utterly embarrasing for every professional golfer in that tournament. I really do. I mean, how does a guy coming off of knee surgury and not playing for months jump back in and starting whopping on the worlds best golfers?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!