IGNORED

Anyone catch the "F YES!!!!!!" Tiger shouted at Steve?

Note: This thread is 4744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can't blame him (watch the replay), I thought he was gonna lipout and miss, well done.

I'm sorry, but Tiger had to be thinking, just a little bit...., about his 13 straight major streak while having (or sharing) the lead going into the final round at stake.

Tiger still has to bring the lunch bucket tomorrow for a full days work , his putter will take it though.

I thought that I saw that when he holed that putt (which I definitely thought he was going to lip). I couldn't tell at first, but after I saw the replay it looked like he did say that- it was pretty funny to watch.

I'm sorry, but Tiger had to be thinking, just a little bit...., about his 13 straight major streak while having (or sharing) the lead going into the final round at stake.

I seriously doubt that.

That raw emotion was pretty awesome, huh?

I got to see the last five holes (son's bday today) with my cousin. He's now christened Tiger "El Magico", spanish, for "The Magician." Like every great athlete, you can't leave him with a bullet in the chamber and not expect him to cash in.

A great putt.

I did not hear that, but on the back 9 (don't recall which hole) I distinctly heard someone yell "SKEET SKEET!!!" after one of Tiger's drives.

Better than "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!"

I'm sure I heard 'Yaba Daba Doo' after one of Westwoods drives.

Yes, you did. Refers to his passing resemblance to Yogi Bear. But that's all in the past - he's lean and fit, now, with his head where it should be.

Good enough to match Tiger head to head in the last round of a Major, which is pretty good, all told. Yabadabadoo!

Just BTW - any reason why Tiger isn't dragged over the coals for using the F-word in front of hundreds of millions? Pretty much anyone else would be subject to lengthy abuse and blame on this forum for behaving that way.

I heard it too and thought it was a little inappropriate but i'll just have to find a way of forgiving him. It's trampling all over the heritage and customs of the game unfortunately and strangely people look to him as an example of how to conduct oneself on the golf course. Swearing on the pitch is not tolerated in football or tennis so why golf? I think the USGA should consider disqualifying Tiger for this. Jack never swore like that. It was very discourteous to Lee Westwood as well.

I heard it too and thought it was a little inappropriate but i'll just have to find a way of forgiving him. It's trampling all over the heritage and customs of the game unfortunately and strangely people look to him as an example of how to conduct oneself on the golf course. Swearing on the pitch is not tolerated in football or tennis so why golf? I think the USGA should consider disqualifying Tiger for this. Jack never swore like that. It was very discourteous to Lee Westwood as well.

Give me a break. He just made a clutch 12 foot birdie putt to force a playoff in the US Open, how did you expect him to react? To sit back and look at it and decide that "Golly jee, that was an awfully nice putt I just made"? Ridiculous. Golf as a sport is no longer just a sport for the prim and proper, and its not like Tiger hasn't been known to say these kinds of things.

• Administrator
Like every great athlete, you can't leave him with a bullet in the chamber and not expect him to cash in.

He didn't cash in last year at Oakmont. That putt never had a chance.

Yes, you did. Refers to his passing resemblance to Yogi Bear.

"Yabba dabba doo" is Fred Flintstone, not Yogi Bear. If you're going to try to pass off information, at least get it right.

It's trampling all over the heritage and customs of the game unfortunately and strangely people look to him as an example of how to conduct oneself on the golf course.

I don't think anyone looks to Tiger for etiquette. They may mimic some fist pumps now and then, but golfers have been swearing since they were hitting rocks into rabbit holes.

I think the USGA should consider disqualifying Tiger for this.

Aren't you trying to earn your way back into positive reputation land? Posting outlandish crap like that isn't the way to do it.

Jack never swore like that.

You're wrong. Really, really, really wrong.

Just BTW - any reason why Tiger isn't dragged over the coals for using the F-word in front of hundreds of millions?

Uhm, who could hear it? In case you didn't notice, about 30,000 other people were yelling at the time - and half of them were probably yelling "F%@* Yeah!" too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to add that Tiger is one of the only players that takes his cap off to shake the other players hand after the 18th hole. After watching on sunday I could count the amount of players that did that on one hand.

I also heard someone shout "god save the queen" after lee hit his third shot at the 72 hole lol.

And yeah I noticed the "f**k Yeah", I haven't seen Tiger that excited for a long time.

I actually saw him say it twice, once after he nailed the putt to take it into the playoff and once on Saturday when he drained that long eagle putt (not on 18, the other long one). It replayed the putt like 100 times and it showed him drop the f-bomb once. We all started laughing.

Tiger really does cuss a lot on the course. After he hooked it into the rough on the Par 5 Sunday with the 3 wood, he spun around, slammed his club, and said, "God D****, Mother ******, what the f***!". That was a funny moment too.

I'm sure Bobby Jones never swore either...

Last year's putt was nearly impossible and would have been a bomb. This year's at least was a makeable putt.

I still can't believe he hit it in the ice plant on 13. Tourney would be over if he just played safe.

Note: This thread is 4744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!