IGNORED

Season Ending Knee Surgery

Franco!
Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now tell me this.

At that point the USGA will probably tranquilize him, throw him on a surgical table and let the best doctor's in the world confirm that he's human.

In all seriousness though, that would be insane if he came back and won his first tournament. I wouldn't put it past him.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I have just learned of this news now. I'm quite shocked. It's kind of disappointing because he's very exciting to watch in the British and PGA, obviously always a threat to win. These tournaments are kind of 'wide open' now that he's out.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Will people look at the winners of the next two majors like they did the Huston Rockets when they won two NBA Titles while Jordan was in his first retirement?

Why? The list of players who won majors in "the Tiger Era" is longer than

people think: Trevor Immelman Zach Johnson Ángel Cabrera Pádraig Harrington Phil Mickelson Geoff Ogilvy Michael Campbell Retief Goosen Todd Hamilton Vijay Singh Mike Weir Jim Furyk Ben Curtis Shaun Micheel Ernie Els Rich Beem David Duval David Toms José María Olazábal Payne Stewart Paul Lawrie Mark O'Meara Lee Janzen Justin Leonard Davis Love III Tiger was there for all of those, right? Would they not "really count" if he hadn't been?

Wow, pretty shocked about this but I'm glad he made this moving now knowing the circumstances. It also really puts just how impressive the victory really was. Best of luck to him.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Why? The list of players who won majors in "the Tiger Era" is longer than

I think you are missing the point...

Since 1997, there have been 46 majors and Tiger has won 14. The next closest one on the list (I believe) is Phil with 3. With Tiger not playing in the final two majors, it gives all the others greater hope. To get back to the thread, I have to say I'm surprised by the extent of his injuries. Tiger is truly a great athlete to compete at his level with those injuries. Talk about mind over body control

Cheers,
Eric

what's in my Sun Mtn bag:
Driver: 3-Wood: Big Bertha Irons: Mizuno MP-54 Wedge: Mizuno 56°-10° Putter: Newport 2 Ball: Pro Vx

I think you are missing the point...

It's been suggested that the British Open and PGA Championship be "asterisked," that it was like the Houston Rockets when Jordan went to play minor league baseball, that somehow the winners of these tournaments were only going to win because Tiger was injured.

I was pointing out that plenty of others have won with Tiger in the field.

...OR he could just play like this and win every week...

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

It has not been properly established how he hurt his knee in the first place..i would be interested to know how he did it.

I think that this could be a very serious problem...lets hope its not career ending.

So do some of you still think he is faking it???

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

"But Paul Casey said that Robert Karlsson's caddie heard Woods's knee creaking. "He was right there and clearly he was suffering," said Casey. "Noises from the knee doesn't sound good to me."

Ouch man!!!! Just ouch. Tiger Woods is one tough b*****d

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I wrote in another thread how I felt he had the same injury as LaDanian Tomlinson, RB for the Chargers. They're almost similar. It will take LT almost 8 months for full recovery. Probably the same for Tiger.

I don't think the ACL is as severe as it could be. He's played in what, six or seven tourneys with it?

The stress fracture is on the shin (according to the report I read). Again, it could have been a lot worse, like what happened to Allan Houston, who had to retire, and Amare Stoudamire, who was out for a season and still had to get a second procedure.

Tiger has two things on his side. One, he's in great shape and he's young. Two, he does not play a contact sport or a sport that requires running. He'll come back, stronger and with a desire to make a point.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I think back to what happened to Paul Gascoigne, the most gifted football (soccer) player of his generation. He damaged his ACL in the early 1990s and, while he played for Lazio in Italy and scored one of the greatest goals I've ever seen (European Nations Championship, 1998) against Scotland, he was neverr the player he had been. The Scotland goal was a last hurrah for a declining star.

Hope the same doesn't happen to Tiger. But don't underestimate ACL damage.

I wish the best for Tiger. But I love the game so I will be just as interested in the rest of the year, even without Tiger. Heck, I even enjoy watching the Nationwide Tour.

As far as Goosen is concerned, I really have lost respect for him. How stupid can you be to say such a thing? It's one thing to think it, but to say it in this media age? Dumb.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Two things taken from Sportscenter today.

1. Everyone laughed at Goosen - and then on the SC replay they twice showed different instances of Woods' driving the fairway and him wincing.
2. I guess I should have predicted this, but it blew me away when I heard this - Tiger's swing is clocked at 134 mph. 134! My goodness, I mean yeah golfers swing hard but that's amazing.

This is it - this is the last hurdle for Tiger - he comes back from a major injury while possibly having to change his swing for the future and still has success and pases Jack's record, he's arguably the greatest athlete - ever. And by athlete, I mean by your sport.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!