IGNORED

Is Tiger PGA Tour Player of The Year?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Tiger Player of The Year?

• Yes. He did enough to win it.
    • No. You need to play a "full" season.
    • Maybe. It depends if someone gets hot and wins a few times.

Did Tiger do enough is his short season to be player of the year? Here is a brief review of his year:

4 official wins (plus 1 in Dubai)
Buick Invitational
WGC Match Play
Arnold Palmer at Bay Hill
US Open

2nd at the Masters (3 shots back)

5th at Doral (2 shots back) Worst Finish of the year.

Current Money Leader: $5,775,000 ($962,500 per official start). He will be passed up on this by a few guys, but none will come close to the earnings per start number.

Regular Season FedEx Cup points leader: 22,695. Probably will be passed up here, but again, did this in 6 tournaments.

Leader in Scoring, GIR and Scrambling.

With all of this, I say he has already done enough to win it.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Without question as far as I'm concerned. Anyone would be ecstatic with a season like that. A vast majority of guys don't even come close to what Tiger has accomplished so far this year -- in a full year, maybe two.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Be great to see unless someone steps up and wins a major plus a few other events. Really don't see anyone pulling that off though so this should be an interesting year.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Yes. I dont imagine any player having a complete season better than the one Tiger has already had. The only one that can take it from him is Mickleson if he wins a major.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I think Phil has to produce more than Tiger did...he needs either both majors or a major and the FedEx cup. That would get him equivalent of what Tiger accomplished. Regardless of how few tourneys TIger played, it is based on the total of accomplishments. I put down maybe.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I voted for maybe because there is a lot of season to be played. I'm not saying Sergio will win a major, but if he does, he could take the title. He would have a major victory, a win at The Players, and possibly The FedEx Cup Title. Even then, it would be a close vote with Tiger possibly winning. The FedEx Cup Playoffs may end up determining who wins the award, but you never know.

Someone will have to win a major and The FedEx Cup Playoffs to overtake Tiger for Player of the Year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He probably will win it, but I think we need to wait until, you know, the season is actually over or closer to over than it is now. In all likelihood, he will get Player of the Year this year and next, and also Comeback Player of the Year next year as well.

Twitter - @rubofthegreen | Xbox 360 - zilegati

i thought that was the Tiger Woods award

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

If Trevor Immelman managed to snag another major I'd think he'd get it.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Anything is possible. Look at Steve Stricker;won Comeback Player of the Year, two years in a row.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

If someone can win a major, a couple of regular tour events, and finish high in the FedEx Cup, maybe. Or if someone wins the last 2 majors. It'll be tough to top Tigers's half-year though.

It is possible but it seems like nobody is stepping up. Sergio could have a shot after winning the Players and if he could win the Open and another tournament somewhere after the Open. It is funny when you think about other tour players winning more then one tournament in a year. It seems like so normal for Tiger to win at least a couple and Phil usually wins a couple. Other then that winning 2 tournaments in a year is a big stretch for most of the guys. Which IMO is too bad.....

Bottom Line - As it stands now Tiger get player of the year, hands down. Lets see if someone can step up and prove they are worthy.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

My buddy and I talked about this yesterday

I came to the conclusion that Tiger will probably still win player of the year. Although he has only played 6 events (7 including WGC match play), he has won 4 (Dubai, Buick, Palmer, US Open), finished 2nd (Masters), and finished 5th (WGC Championship). He also won the WGC match play event. Most players only dream of having a season like this.

Oh yeah, he won the US open with a broken tibia and a torn ACL. That takes a lot of guts.

Unless someone gets real hot at the end of the season, he's a lock.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

I said maybe. I honestly think that Boo Weekley will go insane over the course of the remainder of the year, and if he does good, he'll win.

If Tiger doesn't win, I would really like to see Boo win. He seems to be a real cool guy.

PS your avatar is hot.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

I believe one has to play a minimum of 16 events to qualify for The Vardon Trophy. I'm not sure if a minimum applies to Player of the Year.

Winners since 1996:

2007 - Tiger Woods
2006 - Tiger Woods
2005 - Tiger Woods
2004 - Vijay Singh
2003 - Tiger Woods
2002 - Tiger Woods
2001 - Tiger Woods
2000 - Tiger Woods
1999 - Tiger Woods
1998 - Mark O'Meara
1997 - Tiger Woods
1996 - Tom Lehman

SubPar

Note: This thread is 5799 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!