IGNORED

Kenny Perry..."Why won't he make the Ryder Cup???"

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Kenny Perry, deserving of the Ryder Cup?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure, I'm an Independent and will vote , when the time is right

Dude's a winner, no question!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Hands down. I would love to see him teeing it up for the U.S. and will cheer for him the whole week. He'll do fantastic too, we need more guys who desperately want to be a part of the team.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I feel the same way about Rocco. He wants it so badly.

I disagree about Rocco. Other than the good last day at Memorial and the U.S. Open, Mediate hasn't done anything this season. People want him to be in because of his memorable performance at Torrey Pines, but he is nowhere near deserving of a spot on the Ryder Cup team. People think with their hearts a lot more than their minds when it comes to Rocco.

As for Kenny Perry, he is definitely on the team now. If he doesn't qualify on his own (which will be a shock in its own right), he will be picked. Azinger said he wants winners, and Perry has won twice. No other American besides Phil Mickelson (and Tiger of course) can say that about the 2008 season. He is a lock now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I disagree about Rocco. Other than the good last day at Memorial and the U.S. Open, Mediate hasn't done anything this season. People want him to be in because of his memorable performance at Torrey Pines, but he is nowhere near deserving of a spot on the Ryder Cup team. People think with their hearts a lot more than their minds when it comes to Rocco.

Completely agree with this assessment, Zinger would be a fool not to pick a guy who has won twice and wants to play as badly as Perry does(even though he is pretty much a lock as far as points go to make the team).

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Perry deserves it and will qualify just because of the season that he has had so far. As far as Rocco, completely agree with what Thrash said above. I would enjoy watching him play but he does not deserve it at all.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I didnt say he deserved it, I said he wanted it. I like to see players that want to be there, and will give there all.

At this point I can't see how Kenny Perry doesn't qualify on his own. I think it's pretty obvious that yes, he deserves to be on the team.

As far as Rocco, it would be a cool story but I can't see him making the Ryder Cup team. I do like the fact that he wants it but don't most guys? Just because they don't say it doesn't mean they don't want it. If Rocco keeps up this strong play and is on the bubble then I can absolutely see picking him but he's got to play very very well the rest of the way.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

It looks like K.P. will almost certainly have the points to qualify for the team. He's currently fourth on the list, and Tiger doesn't really count. With two more majors before (and a WGC event) there's certainly room to shake up the standings a bit, but I don't see five guys passing him at this point. If he does drop out of the top eight, it would take a huge collapse during the period when players want to get hot if they expect a captain's pick, making him a problematic selection, even with multiple wins this season.

As for Rocco, there are still the aforementioned majors and a WGC event left. Good showings in those tournaments would make a good case for him making the team, but otherwise I wouldn't expect to see him at Valhalla.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

I think K.Perry is awesome. I love watching him play. He's pretty much expressionless and calm, and then all of sudden BAM!!! Fist pump woot!

He absolutely deserves to be on the team. KP has a chance, to win a handful of events this year. . .I wish he would go the Open Championship though.

As far as Rocco. . .Similar to Immelman (minus a major win). He's probably still exhausted from everything that has happened since the Open. He was relatively close this weekend, but didn't have that early tournament--scoring burst like he needed.

I think Rocco still may have a chance, but he's going to have to pull a win, or no dice.

Kenny Perry has been playing great golf all season. Every single week or so it seems, he's been atop or near the top of the leaderboard. It's also quite possible that he could have had another victory if not for his shot caroming off the tree and into the water.

He's made 17 out of 18 cuts, 2 wins, four top 5 finishes, five finishes in the Top 10, 10 finishes in the Top 25 and made $3.5 million. That's pretty impressive golf.

As for Rocco Mediate, please, enough. Did he have a great run at the US Open? Yes, but he LOST. I don't remember anyone going crazy over Chris Dimarco when he and Tiger went nose to nose at the Masters or when he lost in a playoff at the PGA Championship against Vijay Singh and Justin Leonard.

Kenny Perry has been dynamite for a season vs Rocco being great for four days.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

The guy has one goal - to play the Ryder Cup in his home state. He's been saying it all year. He WANTS it!!!! I'll take a guy who 'wants' it over a guy with more talent any day....

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

yeah, he deserves it.

but i think he's and idiot for skipping the US open and the Open Championship

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I didn't catch the reason he's skipping the Open; anyone?

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I didn't catch the reason he's skipping the Open; anyone?

As far as I know he hasnt given a reason. Its been rumored he doesnt like going over seas.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

As far as I know he hasnt given a reason. Its been rumored he doesnt like going over seas.

I thought he said he made a commitment to Milwaukee or something, and didn't want to break it. He'll end up winning it to because anyone who's anyone will be at Birkdale (except Bubba

)

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Kenny is really good.He would give top players a run for their money.Im not saying he would just go in and dominate,but he will do good!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

Note: This thread is 5778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!