IGNORED

HIGHWAY 18 - Slow Play Is Not An Option

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh, I think Charlotte said in her last GG interview that she isn't permitted to post on the forums while the show is airing.

Not only that...but the contestants were advised NOT to read the forums given how brutal we forum folks can be. Some Big Break contestants are still feeling the bruises and affects of reading posts about themselves. Ouch!

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that...but the contestants were advised NOT to read the forums given how brutal we forum folks can be. Some Big Break contestants are still feeling the bruises and affects of reading posts about themselves. Ouch!

Now that just seems silly. You would think the majority of people out there would be smart enough to know that people that post online are 'tougher' than they would be in real life...

Or am I in the minority on that one?!? Now were they strictly forbidden, or just strongly advised?!? I'd really like to see some of the H18 players in here...that would be awesome. They get to do interviews with you, what's the harm in posting on a message board?! Ok...back to work.
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

• Administrator

Yeah, someone just said something about Christine Lecuyer re-vamping her swing (she needed it, anyway) largely because of what people said on forums. That may be the only time people on forums were right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Now that just seems silly. You would think the majority of people out there would be smart enough to know that people that post online are 'tougher' than they would be in real life...

I was told that they were "advised" not to read the forums because others who did, lived to regret it. The BB Ka'anapali posts were brutal - I read them all and some were really really bad. I was told the same thing about previous BB's, but I didn't follow the forums as much back then.

So they weren't forbidden to lurk here and on other forums - just warned that they should be careful. If I were a contestant, you wouldn't see me here for love or money! My ego just isn't strong enough Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Oh, I think Charlotte said in her last GG interview that she isn't permitted to post on the forums while the show is airing.

That's too bad. During "Big Break 6", Gavin posted on another forum (he was a member before BB6) after each show and answered some question about events that had already occurred. His insight was great and it made the show even more interesting.

Not only that...but the contestants were advised NOT to read the forums given how brutal we forum folks can be.

Uhhhh, Lori perhaps? Well, maybe if she wasn't such a deceitful witch, it wouldn't have been a problem. (Although, I have perused the TGC forums a couple of times, and they are populated by idiots. It wouldn't surprise me if the only thing those guys focused on was her physical appearance. Those forums are a disgrace to TGC.)

I was told that they were "advised" not to read the forums because others who did, lived to regret it. The BB Ka'anapali posts were brutal - I read them all and some were really really bad. I was told the same thing about previous BB's, but I didn't follow the forums as much back then.

Just for example, I'd bet a beer & a boiled egg there were some comments on some forums Lori Astedes might not appreciate a whole lot . . .

More bad promos by TGC, so don't click on the spoiler if you don't what to find out...

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?page=23853&select2;=10357

"Another team hits the end of the road ... find out the final two teams."

This puts the show in the bad position of having one team have to defeat Charlotte and Rob twice , which saps excitement.

Note this: the golf channel's website only lists two new episodes, tomorrow and September 30 (the latter of which is titled "The Finish Line"). This means either Charlotte and Rob win on the first of two tries, or the winner of that final show is automatically the winner of the competition. (Rob and Charlotte would probably receive a 10-minute time bonus or something along those lines for going in to the last episode with no strikes.)

This news bodes well for Rob and Charlotte fans

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Not necessarily.

Where did you find this information? On the website?

I just don't see how they can do that after they said how it works in the first show.
In a double elimination sports tournament, a lot of times it gets down to one team having to beat another team twice.
Unless
the final show is a 2-hour show, like Survivor does.
Well,
it's not a two hour show.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Where did you find this information? On the website?

Oh, no. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that had definitive information. I was just speculating. I thought maybe when it was down to the last 2 teams, they would have to go head-to-head in matchplay fourball or foursomes, or something. And at that time, double elimination would be abandoned.

I don't really watch any reality shows except for B.B. (and now H18), and they seem to change the rules alot. Maybe that's unusual?

Oh, that's OK, I was just looking all over trying to find where you got it!

And if not for that, I wouldn't have had so much fun with the
SPOILER TAGS!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I missed the first fifteen minutes. How did Jay injure his wrist?

I want him and Peach to be eliminated, but I don't hope that an injury might have anything to do with it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

While running with his golf bag, Jay slipped and fell on to his wrist.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• Administrator
I missed the first fifteen minutes. How did Jay injure his wrist?

He fell on it while running away from the first challenge (at Doral).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Episode's not over yet, but some mid-show thoughts:

"SHE was excited" -- told ya there was some sexual tension there. Clearly, GG needs to interview her while she's drinking again and get the scoop.

Really sucks about Jay.

I fully expect a match play finale for the last episode, pitting the Ashes against Char-baby and Rob for all the marbles.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Note: This thread is 5035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!