IGNORED

Which tees?

mochila
Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am a beginner and have never broken 100. I am a pretty short hitter (7 iron ~140, 3 iron ~180) The course I usually play at has 4 sets of tees. Are both the front two tees supposed to be the ladies tees or just the shortest one? Which ones are the standard men's tees? I want to play from the correct spot for my skill level but dont want a score to not be legit because the holes were so short.

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

If I were you, I would play from the tees that are just back from the womens. Usually that's the mens standard tees, and you can feel comfortable knowing that you are playing the correct tees.

What's in the bag

Driver: 9.5* 905R w/ Proforce UST V2 (X)
3w: UST Proforce FW stiff 15*
Hybrid: 585H 19* Aldila "by you" xIrons: CG1 3-PW s300 dynamic goldWedges: 53*/58* Putter: Mid SurBall: whatever I feel like buying that day

If I were you, I would play from the tees that are just back from the womens. Usually that's the mens standard tees, and you can feel comfortable knowing that you are playing the correct tees.

Do exactly what this chap says.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I am a beginner and have never broken 100. I am a pretty short hitter (7 iron ~140, 3 iron ~180) The course I usually play at has 4 sets of tees. Are both the front two tees supposed to be the ladies tees or just the shortest one? Which ones are the standard men's tees? I want to play from the correct spot for my skill level but dont want a score to not be legit because the holes were so short.

Play from the white tees if you hit those yardages, and get a hcap.

then you will know where you stand. those are respectable yardages, accuracy is the key. I know a lot of over 60 golfers who hit less than that and are legit 12 to 14 hcaps playing from the whites. Good short game and very good course management.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Typically the white tees are considered to be the mens' tees. Although the colors of the tees can vary from course to course.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I would suggest that you play the forward-most tees that have a men's course rating. Those are legit men's tees - even if they're colored red.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would suggest that you play the forward-most tees that have a men's course rating. Those are legit men's tees - even if they're colored red.

Is the course rating/slope determined differently for "ladies" tees? FWIW, my club has no such designation. The tees are called: forward, club, regular, championship.

Some courses are going to 5 and even 6 sets of tees. Here are some labels and common colors.
Children ORANGE
Juniors YELLOW
Ladies RED
Men's WHITE
Tournament BLUE
Championship BLACK

I've been on courses where a lot of kids are playing and the tees are halfway up the fairway.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Some courses are going to 5 and even 6 sets of tees. Here are some labels and common colors.

Cool idea, but it sounds a bit dangeorus. Id hate to see someone hit their kid in the head with a driver shot.

All of the courses I play on have 3 sets of tees: red, white and black. I play from the whites.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

My course has

Green (Ladies)
White
Blue
Gold

I usually play from the blues. If I do really well, I'll play Gold the next time. I 90% of the time play Blues though.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

one back for ladies is the minimum for mens, better known as senior tees also. with your distance, u can go 2 spots back of the ladies.

probably blues would be best for you.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

how do I know which tees have a men's handicap? will it be on the scorecard?

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

Without knowing anything about your course, length, slope or rating, it is hard to recommend. Being a beginner, you should probably play the forward or second set of tees. Many courses have given up calling the forward tees the "ladies" tee, but the stigma remains so many men will refuse to play from the forward tees.

COLOR OF THE TEES IS MEANINGLESS. Used to be red, white and blue. Now courses use all sorts of colors Yardage, slope and rating is what you should look at. A beginner should look for tees <6000 yards but that really depends on the course and it's difficulty. The important thing is to keep up with the group in front of you.

I played from the red tees today and you guys are right, it makes it a lot easier to score well.
Not only did it make the holes considerably shorter, a lot of holes that were par 3s and par 4s from the blue tees were par 4s and par 5s from the reds.
On quite a few holes I totally duffed my tee shot, then hit a hybrid or iron from the rough and still managed to make bogey on most of the holes. Id say thats pretty respectable for a high-handicapper such as myself...

• Administrator
I think you have those pars backwards

No, I think he was just looking at the par for women. A 220-yard par three for men is often a par four for women, and a 410-yard par four for men is a par five for most women... things like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No, I think he was just looking at the par for women. A 220-yard par three for men is often a par four for women, and a 410-yard par four for men is a par five for most women... things like that.

Interesting, learned something today. Never seen that one before.

Exactly. On the course I played on today, they desigate the red tees as being for women and the blue tees as being for men.

I just wanted to see what kind of a difference it would make. It makes a big difference.

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!