IGNORED

Good, fairly inexpensive ball?

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No worries there. Other than a Scotty Cameron Circa '62 #1, I dont see myself buying new clubs anytime soon.

hey man good choice on putter ive had mine for a few months and LOVE IT.... looks as good as it performs you wont be dissapointed

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get some used or recycled balls?

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

hey man good choice on putter ive had mine for a few months and LOVE IT.... looks as good as it performs you wont be dissapointed

I tried one out a couple weeks ago (it was the mallet one though) and it was nice. I swear, I could close my eyes and probably still sink putt after putt with that thing.

Hopefully next year. Ive pretty much blown my budget for golf stuff this year.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I got a 2ball sleave of Bridgestone Tresoft from Dick's last week. I have to say I was really impressed with this ball. They only sell for $20 doz at Dick's

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

Buy recycled Pro V1's from tgw.com. I got them and have no complaints whatsoever. I ordered 2 dz, both came w/ 6 V1, and 6 V1x.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Try the FrEaK by TopFlight . . . I found one while playing recently, used it a bit out of curiousity, then bought dz. for $16, played several rounds and find that it's a very good ball.

It is not a rock like the Pinnacle or Warbird, will give you maximum distance, but still feels good on irons, and putting. For chipping it may be a bit hard, but you can't have everything.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

the top flite gamer shredded way too much off my wedges. One dozen was enough for me.

I played the D2 feel last year and loved it. It gave me as much check-up off my wedges and short irons as most of the mid-tier three piece balls do.

The difference in greenside spin between ultra-premium balls and the middle range three piece balls is big, in my opinion. And the difference in full swing wedge spin between the middle range and the D2 feel is not that much.

So, it is one extreme or the other for me. ProV1's when I feel like spending the money, D2 Feels when I don't.

I think I'm going to go ahead and try out the Maxfli Noodle + Long & Soft ball. It's got really good user reviews on golfballs.com and it's only $15.95 for a dozen right now.

Might as well give it a shot.

Take a look at both the Precept Laddie Extreme and Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft. Both are good balls, don't scuff easily, roll well on putts and can be found for less than $10/dozen.

Where'd you find the Noodle Long & Soft for less than $10 a dozen?

Titleist NXT Extreme's. I just started playing them and they are very long and super durable. If you are on a tighter budget, I would suggest the Maxfli Noodles or anything in the Top Flite line.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

Titleist NXT Extreme's. I just started playing them and they are very long and super durable. If you are on a tighter budget, I would suggest the Maxfli Noodles or anything in the Top Flite line.

Yeah, at this point, I just want to find a quality ball that's fairly cheap.

I mean, I could go out and spend $40 but a ball for that price isn't going to improve my game and I'd kill myself if I lost some. Right now I'd rather work on my game and still be able to set some money aside for new clubs. That's why I'd like to find a cheap ball for now. Seems like the Noodles are pretty good for their price. Might have to go with them for awhile.

e6+ are great but if your looking a good callaway that is not expensive HX Hot Warbird Nike also has great inexpensive balls like Karmas

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

nah get a studio style or studio select and you will love it

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Precept MC Lady Ball. $7,99 per dozen plus tax. Can anybody beat that price?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I think I'm going to go ahead and try out the Maxfli Noodle + Long & Soft ball. It's got really good user reviews on golfballs.com and it's only $15.95 for a dozen right now.

I found a couple Noodles last week when I was playing and they are nice. They seem to be a nice, soft ball that goes pretty far, stop fairly quickly on the greens and putt well.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Buy recycled Pro V1's from tgw.com. I got them and have no complaints whatsoever. I ordered 2 dz, both came w/ 6 V1, and 6 V1x.

Thats another option, but Ive found the refurbished Pro V1s to be somewhat hit and miss. You'll pull one out that is just fine and then another from the same batch just wont perform the same as the others.

Granted, the majority of them might be fine, but Id prefer to not play with a ball that has been sitting in water. Why pay $30 for a dozen refurbished Pro V1s that might have questionable performance when you could buy a dozen NXT Extremes or NXT Tours for the same amount of money? At least that way you are playing a new ball and they should all perform exactly the same.

i encouraged my father to buy two dozen top flite gamers. 3 piece balls at a good price...we'll see how they react to his game.

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!