IGNORED

Whom do you favor in the PGA Championship?

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Defending Champ will not be there,as we all know, which once again opens up the tournament. It is a strange Championship since sometimes, one of the Top Ten wins, and other times, players like Shaun Micheel, or another Dark Horse, hoists the trophy at the end. A few names pop into my head: KJ Choi, Jim Furyk, Anthony Kim, and Paddy Harrington, all for obvious reasons. Who do you think will do well?

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I know people give mickelson a bad rap sometimes, but i'd like to see him do good.

Also AK would be another guy to see up there along with ian poulter.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I know people give mickelson a bad rap sometimes, but i'd like to see him do good.

You got me thinking. Sometimes, people get distracted by the clothes, and ignore the ability of the player: Jimmy Demaret, Doug Sanders (the "Peacock"), Payne Stewart, Jasper Parnevik, and now Ian Poulter. He showed that he has "game" in the Open Championship, and has become a real contender.

My picks...

Jim Furyk, Kenny Perry, or AK! AK gets a top 10 in any event.

I'm not a big Perry fan but he's playing well and just might hang on for the major.

Padraig (I've got two claret jugs) Harrington will be coming in on his white cloud with his silver (make that pound sterling) lining and should be a contender.

Phil (I just need to play the game) Mickelson needs to be a contender to keep his head together.

AK is the "hot" player on the tour right now. He's got his head telling his body the right things to do and "that's a good thing."

Others that can take home some good money... KJ Choi, Ernie Els, Ian (color my clothes beautiful) Poulter, Karlsson, Wier...

I'm watching Duval this weekend in Tahoe. I hope he can do well and get back in the game.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

My picks...

I share your sentiments about David Duval, but this quotation in the July 25th issue of "Golf World" makes me wonder about his motivation and desire: "I've become a very good country club golfer, and I enjoy carts and 2 1/2 hours rounds and going back home. It sometimes gets quite hard getting on the road."

You got me thinking. Sometimes, people get distracted by the clothes, and ignore the ability of the player: Jimmy Demaret, Doug Sanders (the "Peacock"), Payne Stewart, Jasper Parnevik, and now Ian Poulter. He showed that he has "game" in the Open Championship, and has become a real contender.

you sound just like a guy who used to come to the espn golf message board. he would bash tiger for this and that. saying he was a average golfer who got handed all those majors. this guy loved obscure golf knowledge. also mentioned in about a 1000 posts his love of ben hogan. he said he worked 17 hours a day with this golf empire he had too. also he claimed anyone who won a major was the number one golfer in his world rankings. his name was pez and he was annoying.

"I've become a very good country club golfer, and I enjoy carts and 2 1/2 hours rounds and going back home. It sometimes gets quite hard getting on the road."

Ouch! Sounds like his desire for the show is lacking... But, I can't blame him for feeling the way he does about the road. I like my own bed, house, washing machine, kitchen, etc. I've traveled all over the business world and while it nice to have the mega-million frequent flyer miles, it gets old real fast living out of a suitcase and having limited places to go.

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Ouch! Sounds like his desire for the show is lacking... But, I can't blame him for feeling the way he does about the road. I like my own bed, house, washing machine, kitchen, etc. I've traveled all over the business world and while it nice to have the mega-million frequent flyer miles, it gets old real fast living out of a suitcase and having limited places to go.

I didn't think Duval is eligible for the PGA Championships?..what about if he wins at the Reno Tahoe?...DD needs to keep his card and then we can talk about dreamcatching next year.

For the PGA i have to fancy Greg Norman to do well again or maybe Westwood or Cabrera- Tony Kim is also a good shout in my view.

you sound just like a guy who used to come to the espn golf message board. he would bash tiger for this and that. saying he was a average golfer who got handed all those majors. this guy loved obscure golf knowledge. also mentioned in about a 1000 posts his love of ben hogan. he said he worked 17 hours a day with this golf empire he had too. also he claimed anyone who won a major was the number one golfer in his world rankings. his name was pez and he was annoying.

Really? Fancy that. I thought this thread was about the PGA Championship and contenders.

Well, I just picked up $150 on A. Kim to win at 30-1, so you know who I am rooting for.....got another $100 on A. Scott at 25-1..

Answer me this.....how can the second highest ranked player that is playing (A. Scott) be 25-1 to win, and Sergio (14-1), Els (18-1), Harrington (16-1) and Furyk (16-1) all have shorter odds.

What about straight driving K. Perry at 28-1....if his flatty is rolling it, watch out.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I didn't think Duval is eligible for the PGA Championships... For the PGA i have to fancy Greg Norman to do well again or maybe Westwood or Cabrera- Tony Kim is also a good shout in my view.

I don't know abut eligibility for David... it's his dream to catch and if he's more into the country club scene, may be the tour is a second priority. He's got money to exercise options.

I could get into seeing Norman doing well. I'm a fan of Lee Westwood too. Lot's of guys able to get the job done. I'll be waiting to see who does.
iQuestGolfer

Phil Mickelson. He's long due for another major.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

Phil Mickelson. He's long due for another major.

I was thinking the same thing

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

AK FTW.He is a extremely good player and he is really determined to prove himself as a heavyweight in the PGA.There is no debate that AK won't earn has third win!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

Norman is out but is considering '09 Masters. Its time for VJ or Furyk to step up.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Philly, Kenny Perry, and Ian Poulter. Are my top three contenders
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!