IGNORED

Bubba Watson

Maverick
Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just found my new favorite golfer hands down. The guy is in no way an emotionally disturbed person. He just likes to have a lot of fun and doesn't get caught up in what everyone expects as the norm for a professional golfer. I just watched almost all the videos on his Youtube channel and to me that explains a lot. The guy is pure comedy. He's an extremely talented player, knows it and just goes about his business in a way that makes him happy, hence no swing coach. Really, he's just a 13 year old kid stuck in a 31 year old man's body and I think a lot of people in life could probably benefit from looking at things like him. The man seems like he has everything he needs to be content, except for a PGA Tour win, but I'm sure he's not losing a ton of sleep over it. Sure he's probably pissed he came so close this weekend and let it get away, but thats because he's a competitor, who wouldn't be pissed? I really hope he wins his first tournament soon and will be paying attention to his results much more frequently now. GO BUBBA!!!

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba is awesome. The guy kills the ball on the course...if only he could putt. I saw the clips on his youtube channel too. They are hilarious and he seems pretty down to earth. The trick shot into the hot tub followed by jumping into the pool was my favorite. He was on the Ellen DeGeneres show earlier this month and told a cool story of how he spotted a kid watching one of his practice rounds by himself at last year's Bobe Hope and found out he lived like two houses from the course and brought him a full set of junior clubs this year. He also donated $15,000 to Haiti at the end of the show. Good stuff.

interview video -

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

• 6 months later...
I don't know how many of you saw Bubba Watson's press conference today after his first round at the PGA but that guy is genuine beyond belief an is now the guy I'm rooting for.

He told a story today about his prior win being emotional because of his dad's cancer fight. He then went on to tell a story about his wife and a tumor scare.

I LOVE athlete's who aren't afraid to show real emotion. Bubba is the man!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I agree. I just wish he wasnt a lefty! I dont know why but i have a harder time rooting for a southpaw! The only reason is i cant relate to their swing as well. He does seem like an awesome guy though and boy can he play! Especially lately! I really hope he pulls out his first major victory here!

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

For me, there's Family, and then EVERYTHING else. Good to see others with the same perspective.

Plus, Bubba hit Driver and 56-degree Wedge into the 18th green today (598 yard). Freak...

How did he get the nickname "Bubba"? He really doesn't look like a Bubba. Every time the announcers say "And now we'll head over to Bubba Watson on the 7th green..." I keep thinking I'm going to see some huge linebacker guy, not a tall thin guy.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

I agree...i would think a big southern accent...but nothing...just seems like a normal guy that isnt afraid of what others think of him to me. Im a big fan so far.

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

How did he get the nickname "Bubba"? He really doesn't look like a Bubba. Every time the announcers say "And now we'll head over to Bubba Watson on the 7th green..." I keep thinking I'm going to see some huge linebacker guy, not a tall thin guy.

here in the southern u.s., brothers are called ''bubba'' by their siblings, conversely ''sissy'' is often used for sister. from time to time the nickname transcends family boundaries and is used by friends and peers alike to refer to the ''bubba'' in question. hopefully this satisfies your query.

Gerry Watson was nicknamed for former professional football player Bubba Smith.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Bubba rocks! Look him up on youtube if you need more evidence. He's hilarious on his little short videos and he hits some sweet trick shots around his house. "The ollll wooden stick"

Bubba rocks! Look him up on youtube if you need more evidence. He's hilarious on his little short videos and he hits some sweet trick shots around his house. "The ollll wooden stick"

Hahaha that video was great!

he's definitely winning over a lot of hearts. great golfer, great personality, great sense of humor, and just flat out entertaining to watch. i'd be very happy to see him take the PGA Champ

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

He played my home course in college and won. He was awarded the trophy and said something very negative and tossed the trophy in a trash can and said he'd never be back. Can't pull for him because of that!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I also never took a lesson, but can't hit the ball like Bubba. Amazing natural athlete, great golfer, and great person. It's entertaining to watch him murder the ball off the tee as well. =)

In my Bag-Boy NXO Revolver cart bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5, UST Proforce V2 x-stiff
Wood: Burner '09 3-Wood
Hybrid: H585 3-Hybrid, stiff steel shaft
3-PW: : MP-57 4-PW, Rifle Project X 6.0Wedge: Solus 51, 56, 61Putter: White Hot XG Teron 34"Ball: ProV1x "Practice"

Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!