IGNORED

Weird things that happen on your round...

Fraser
Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It was on the way home from a round, out of nowhere lightning struck the tree next to our car. One of the loudest things that I have ever heard, a big tree branch fell and landed like 5 feet from our car.

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

peta has a point about somethings but others are ridiculous. as much as i dont support animal cruelty, sometimes we need to test cancer curing drugs on animals...

You know, that reminds me of a very tasty snack... Canada goose on pita...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• 2 weeks later...
100 yards to the flag...
i thin one really good and ends up behind the green on the back of a hill near the edge of the woods...
i go back to hit my ball and i hear something really big walking thru the woods behind me... i turn to take a look but the woods were pretty thick and i couldnt see anything... all i can hear is heavy slow crunching leaves...
needless to say i hit my ball as fast as i could... no practice swings or anything... just to get it on the green an put it in the hole away from the sasquatch that was stalking me... hahaha
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Goose-Mooning. By the goose.

When we first joined our club, there was a goose on the eighth hole, that when it saw our friend, stuck it's head in the water and it's butt in his direction, until we were about 100 yards away.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

You know, that reminds me of a very tasty snack... Canada goose on pita...

Thats why im allowed to golf so much, my mum knows whenever i go golfing ill bring home tasty dinner too.

I swear this is true.

My friend and I were at a muni course and a single joined us. Around the 12th hole we look up and can see someone on the side of the fairway. As we get closer, we see that it's a NAKED CHICK, and she's reaching down and swatting at her legs. We play our shots and as we get closer, we can tell she's either nuts or on drugs. The guy we're with goes over and checks on her. After talking to her a bit, she gets in his cart and he starts to drive back toward the clubhouse. But after a few feet he stops, she gets out, and then heads over to a hole in the fence and leaves the course. He then comes over and says that she is out of her mind and thought that she was in the middle of some brambles (she wasn't) and couldn't get out. He offered to take her someplace safe but she decided she was OK on her own. We reported it to a marshal but I don't know what became of her. (By the way, she was skinny but not much to look at!)

• 1 month later...
last week i got paired up with the strangest guy...
i was on the putting green waiting for my teetime and he rolls up in his cart with 2 bags... i thought his partner was still on the range... we check in with the starter and he says he's alone... the starter asked if he had someone coming with and the guy asked why... because of 2 bags... the guy says theyre his and that he needs all the clubs to play... well we get out on the course and the guy isnt too talkative except to himself... he wasnt too bad of a player but he was weird and entertaining to watch... he would pull 5 clubs at a time and swing each one of them talking to himself the whole time... he had 3 putters... a belly putter... long putter... and a regular one... strange

a week ago during one round i only hit four fairways..

1) duffed the ball off of the tee and the fairway happened to be close in, so that's one.
2) ball caught the trunk of a tree in the rough and landed in the fairway, that's two.
3) refer to #1
4) refer to #2 but was a small tree branch

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

This didnt happen to me per sea, but a friend i was playing with over thw weekend had his drive into the left rough picked up by a squirel. It actually nibbled on it for close to a minute, and it then dropped the ball some 5 or 6 feet away from where it originally lied.

This might be a little OT, but what would be the ruling on that? LOL. He just walked up to the ball, replaced it and played on. But im interested if there is an actual rule for animal interference.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I guess technically he didn't exceed the legal amount of clubs in the bag if he had two bags lol

i think it was a legal setup cuz he was riding with his imaginary friend that he talked to all round... i still question the 3 putters tho... maybe one was for his imaginary golfing dog... hahaha

I was playing on a local course with some friends, we had just finished the one hole and it was about 150 yards to the next tee, my one friend then says "im going to hit this in the bin next to the tee", takes out a random iron from his bag, drops his ball, gives it a wack, straight into the bin 150 yards away! We were laughing so hard, bearing in mind this bin was about 1 foot high and 1 foot square it was pretty impressive. He then proceeded to lose 4 balls on that hole, demonstrating just how flukey that shot really was!!

I have also played in wind so hard that i hit a shot with a wedge that wnet about 50 yards forwards to the top of its flight, and then came backwards 30 yards to land 20 yards in front of me!! Crazy stuff!!

Driver - 905r 9.5* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
3 Wood - 906f2 15* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 19* Aldila NV Stiff
Irons - MP67 3, 5-PW DG TT S300, 1/2 inch longer 2* Upright
Gap Wedge - SV 52* 10* Bounce DG TT S400Sand Wedge - Vokey Spin Milled 56* 10* Bounce DG TT Wedge FlexLob Wedge - ...

But im interested if there is an actual rule for animal interference.

Rule 18-1 says if the ball is moved by an outside agency it must be replaced at no penalty.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I guess technically he didn't exceed the legal amount of clubs in the bag if he had two bags lol

Rule 4-4 a. just says no more than 14 clubs, not 14 per bag

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

2 things I recall in my life.

1 - Was playing with a guy who ripped a tee shot right down the center and his tee flew straight up bounced off his driver head in his follow through and landed perfectly right back in the pocket he pulled it out of. He was so confused as to why we were laughing so hard after he hit such a dead perfect shot. From that moment on we had a new definition for a perfect tee shot. Needless to say I haven't seen a perfect shot in 20 years since this happened.

2 - During a high school tournament, an opponent dunked his approach shot on a par 5 straight into the pond in front of the greeen. Dead eye, splash right in the center of the pond. As he was putting his club back in his bag, note about a 20-25 second lag....his ball inexplicably shot back out of the pond and landed on the green. After discussing with the officials. No explanation, no penalty, he made par. We later learned there used to be a fountain in the pond and the maintenance crew was trying to get it up and running that morning. The ball must have landed on the fountain head when they were trying to turn it on.

this was probably 2 years ago. i was about a 20 something handicap at the time. 1 round i hit a tree on every par 5 and half of the par 4s. but nature was w/ me, the ball would kick back out and on the fairway. i almost over hit one hole but was saved by an overhanging branch, which dropped the ball 3 ft from the cup. i ended up shooting +19. that was the weirdest round of golf ever in my life.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

• 2 months later...

I found my ball inside the red line, but not in the water. I went to play the shot, upon taking my stance my legs and butt are leaning into thistle. After I played the shot I was walking back to my bag and started feeling stings all over my back, stomach and legs. I looked down and was COVERED in ants. 50 to 100 maybe.

Took a while to shake them all off and regain my head for the next shot.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!