IGNORED

What club do you use out of the sand?

Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have heard of people using their gap wedge for the bunkers and some using their lob wedges. I use my 56 degree with 11 degrees of bounce. What do you use?

Is it the firmer the sand in the bunkers, you use a wedge with low bounce and use a high bounce wedge in more fluffier sand?

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

Lot of green to work with - 54* 10 Bounce

Little - 60*
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

If it's a really short shot when all I need to do is hit it over the lip and gravity will do the rest -- 60*. Pretty much anything else that is normal it will be a 56*. If it is really long I may use a 52*, but I try not to put myself in that situation.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

It depends how far the pin is but I feel more comfortable using my lob wedge. It cuts through the sand nicely.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

So is it true that in a bunker with firm sand, you use a wedge with low bounce and use a high bounce wedge in more fluffier sand?

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

Lot of green to work with - 54* 10 Bounce

Same strategy here.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I like to use my 60 degree wedge, for most greenside bunker shots.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

I usually always use my 60, with very little bounce. Works great and it's been my go to wedge for a long while. Long shot, short shot, whatever. Fairway bunker, anything as high as a 6 iron all the way down to the 60*.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

I have heard of people using their gap wedge for the bunkers and some using their lob wedges. I use my 56 degree with 11 degrees of bounce. What do you use?

I have always used that rule and i have found (that for my anyway) that certainly, with More bounce, the club is less likely to get way under the ball.

In really hard sand (don't you just hate that?) i will often use my 60-05, and with fluffy sand (given that it isn't buried) i will use my 56-10 SW. Of course, if the ball is plugged (either hard or soft)> i will more often use my 60 to make sure i get right under that ball. each to their own of course. I have also found that varying the ball position in my stance and the level of open club-face helps remarkably. ie > if the ball is in hard sand far away from the bunker > i will put the ball a touch further back in my stance and not have the club face as open. This allows the bounce to be minimized and for me to 'clip' the ball up-and-out with little sand interaction. hope this helps.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I use a lob wedge for most shots.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I'd say 50% of the time sand wedge, 50% of the time lob wedge. Generally if I have a lot of green to work with, and am confident that I can get it over the lip I'll use the sand wedge(56). If not, lob wedge works just as well on the short shots.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

if the pin is close i use a 68* and other than that a 60* lob wedge just makes easier to get the ball up in my opinion that with a 56* sand wedge

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 8.5 stiff V2 shaft
Woods: IDrive 3 & 5 square (Callaway Clone)
Irons: Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/Rifle 5.5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 2009 spin milled 52 degree Adams 60 degree
Putter: Maxfli BlackMax TwoBag: Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand BagBall: Whatever is in my bag that day

Either my 56, 60, or 64 depending on situation and course. I love using the 64 as I feel like it gives me the most control to get it out and stop quickly but it's a very easy club to mishit and go nowhere. You really have to practice with it before using it in a real round.

The broad answer is, "It depends." Honestly, depending on the location of the course (closer to the beach, the moisture makes a difference), how coarse the sand is and of course the location of the bunker in relation to the green. My go to in the sand is my 60*, with the 54* a close second. If it's a fairway bunker with a good lie, I love to hit a hybrid out.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Note: This thread is 4218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!