IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Movie

alexlax12
Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Caddyshack, Happy are the greatest. Think about it, who hasn't hummed nanananana when putting, looked at their friends and said, "somebodies closer, or wanted to take a wack at one of the many flowers lining the course!! Just remember...be the ball Danny, be the ball.

Bagger Vance, Greatest Game, Tin Cup are also great but are not really comidies (except Tin Cup which is not in the same league as Caddyshack of Happy Gilmore).

I haven't seen Bobby Jones or Dead Solid Pefect yet but will try to remember them next time at the video store. As far as Caddyshack two, the only thing to come out of that movie was the classic put down of being a funzanoon.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Okay this topic was partially discussed in "Greatest Game Movie" Post before, but I want to hear from more people about what they think the best golf movie of all time was. There are so many to choose from, "Caddyshack", "Tin Cup", "Legend of Bagger Vance", "Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius", "Happy Gilmore", "Dead Solid Perfect", "Follow the Sun", and I'm sure many more.

Of course I'm going to say "

Follow the Sun ". I'm just happy you mentioned it! If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend it highly. Great story about Ben Hogan!
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

Caddy Shack has to be the most often quoted golf movie of all time and is by far my favorite. How many of your golf buddies quote Bill Murray/Chevy Chase/Ted Knight without you even realizing where the quote came from and just assume it's always been part of the game? Just my two cents....
"It's easy to grin, when your ship's come in, and you've got the stock market beat...."

Tie: Tin Cup for comedy, The Greatest Game Ever Played for drama.

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

It's gotta be Caddyshack. It's a classic sports comedy. Heck, it's a classic movie period.

Second place would go to Tin Cup. I love that movie. Even though you know what happens it just doesn't get old.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I haven't seen Day in the Sun or Dead Solid Perfect, but I really want to. Does anybody know if they're available on DVD? I'm guessing Dead Solid Perfect must be, but Day in the Sun is pretty old and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it has never been re-released.

Caddyshack is, well, the ultimate, isn't it?

I thought Happy Gilmore was too stupid to really enjoy, and while I did enjoy the acting and the story in Tin Cup, the ending just ruined it for me. You know you're NOT DQ'ed for running out of balls, right? Made for an interesting story, but...

I thought Bagger Vance was one of the most miscast movies in years. I love Will Smith, but, sorry, a comedian playing God just doesn't work. Even if George Burns did it pretty well, Bagger Vance was a disaster. On the other hand, if you've never read the book, GET IT!! It's incredible! It's even a terrific read after you've seen the movie. Reading the book really made it clear how wonderful the movie would have been with someone else in Bagger's role. The drill instructor from "An Officer and a Gentleman" would have been perfect. Sorry I can't remember his name, but just the right blend of humor and gravitas.

Try Amazon.com...I'm not even sure Blockbuster has this anymore. It was released in 1988.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

• 3 months later...
1. Caddyshack
2. Happy Gilmore

Tough decision, both these movies are absolutely hilarious!
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

Caddyshack is undoubtedly the best golf movie of all time. It's a shame it hasn't aged too well, but it's still great to watch. Then in second place would be Tin Cup.

They need to make more golf movies.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Caddyshack is the king of all golf movies.

I still want Rodney Dangerfield's golf bag with the built-in beer tap

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

They need to make more golf movies.

I'll second that! Not enough of them out there. You really can't go wrong with a golf move or especially a golf comedy. Caddyshack, Tin Cup, Happy Gilmore... heck, I even liked Caddyshack II.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

For humor it has to be Caddyshack hands down.

Overall golf movie I could watch over and over and over...Tin Cup.

Eric Richardson

VP of Real Estate Agent Sales

What's in the bag:Driver: 9.5 R93Wood: 15.0Irons: 4-SW BurnerPutter:Ball: with the occasional found ProV1 Home courses: Coffee Creek and Rose Creek

Caddyshack was a hilarious movie but personally I just prefered Happy Gilmore, laughed all the way through on both.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Tin Cup and Happy Gilmore

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

The only one I've seen is Happy Gilmore, but I'll have to ry and pick up Caddyshack sometime, you guys seem to love it.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

Note: This thread is 3040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!