IGNORED

Vote the bums out - network announcers

nevets88
Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you had to replace all the lead announcers at CBS/NBC/ABC, who would you choose (or let stay)?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Id definetly get rid of Johnny Miller. I cant stand that guy! He is always sarcastic and rude to the other commentators, seems to think he knows it all and rambles on and on and on.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I like all of the CBS crew, though I am getting a bit tired of McCord's bit. On NBC, Hicks isn't bad, and Dottie Pepper is pretty good, but I'm not too fond of Mark Rolfing, Gary Koch or Bob Murphy, and they can't get rid of Johnny Miller fast enough IMO.

On the Golf Channel, I like Frank Nobillo and wish he did more on the PGA tour telecasts, but Kelly Tilgman needs to be replaced. She has had 2 seasons to prove she can carry being the lead announcer and I don't think she has what it takes. I tink overall the Golf Channel needs to start bringing in some new blood. Guys like Craig Kahn and Rich Learner are just not that good IMO.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Greetings ....

If it was up to me, I'd have Brandel Chamblee replace Johnny Miller. This is based on how well he and Kelly Tighlman did the on Saturday BMW Championship coverage after NBC went to Notre Dame football.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

I don't care whether or not Nantz or Lundquist have assignments elsewhere, Bill Macatee should never be the host of a CBS telecast. I can't stand the man, and I can't put my finger on it. Infinite dullness, I guess.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If you had to replace all the lead announcers at CBS/NBC/ABC, who would you choose (or let stay)?

Johnny Miller and Dottie Pepper and Roger Maltbie----get RID of Mike Tirico, Nick Faldo, and ALL the others. The quality of broadcasters has gone straight downhill. Frank Nobilo and Brandel Chamblee on The Golf Channel are not bad.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• 2 weeks later...
Faldo first then Miller. Faldo sounds like he has a mouthful of food and can't complete a sentence. Miller is more arrogant than insightful. I much prefer David Feherty, Peter Oosterhuis, Andy North and Gary Koch.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

Actually, I kind of like Johnny Miller. I haven't always thought that way though. Does he say a lot of dumb stuff? Yeah. Is he arrogant? Well, yeah. Is he entertaining? Yeah, I think so, and yeah, some of the dumb stuff and arrogance is sometimes the entertainment. Does he know his material? Absolutely. Say what you want about Miller, he is more prepared than any announcer out there. And I don't think it's close. I think NBC struggles because their on course commentary is lacking or more so boring. Pepper and Murphy are pretty good IMO but I'm not a fan of Maltbie or Koch. They're all sort of the same type of personality too, which is boring. Besides, if they got rid of Miller who would you hate?

I like Faldo but I admit I'm getting tired of him. Same with McCord. Overall I think CBS does a pretty good job but again, I think it's the on course commentary that does it for them. I really like Peter Kostis and David Feherty and I think there's a nice blend when it comes to the CBS announcers, ie a nice mix of information and humor.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!