IGNORED

What's the most gratifying golf shot?

kfowler
Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is the most gratifying of the basic golf shots?

• Piercing drive hit square in the middle of the club face
    • A well struck crisp iron shot
    • A long putt for par or better

A crisp high long 5 iron onto a green, gives you loads of confidence that you will able to work the long irons and land the greens with ease using the short irons.

Can't quite use the long irons 3/4 to any effect yet because club release with the 3/4 is out of my comfort zone, left hand is still controlling the club through impact. Right hand never gets a look in. No distance improvement with the 3/4 over say a 5 iron and ball flight is poor.

• 3 weeks later...
definatly a perfect iron, it feels so smooth. but a straight drive makes yor opponents feel the worst

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

Without a doubt, rolling in a putt for par or better. I've had too many perfect drives and iron shots that didn't translate into a good score!

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

physically the feel of a good swing is very satisfying but mentally making putts is what it's all about, I go for the putts.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

id say a well struck long iron i love the low rising trajectory.

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

A well struck iron shot that hits the green in regulation. No better feeling.

That's it for me, too! When I judge the right distance, pick the right club, hit the perfect shot high crisp with a little draw and get on the green...it's magic!

(Rarely happens, btw...)

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I accidentally made a great shot. 112 yard par 3. I skulled a PW and it came out HOT. Behind the hole were trees, and the ball bounced around in there and managed to get on the green. I was shocked and impressed. I then two putted from 6 feet out .

Irons are great to hit especially off the deck when you have 170-180 to go and it lands on the green.It looks fantastic,but I voted for a striped drive right down the centre.

You know it's a risky shot even in a wide fairway,because if any part of your swing breaks down then it's going to the worst shot to look at and probably out of bounds.

It's a temporary high just after you strike it.I use my driver sparingly so the high is even higher when I pull it out and just rip it out there.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

For me, the most gratifying golf shot is dropping a long putt for birdie.

The striped tee ball, pured long iron and crisp wedge shots all feel great but are tempered by the knowledge that there is still work to do.

I think for me the long putt that drops is the best because it slowly develops and hopefully dramatically drops in there. Hit a nice 50 footer earlier this year and it felt great, wish it would have been for birdie.....baby steps.

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5 Fujikura Regular
Fairway woods: 3 Launcher Steel Regular
Hybrid 3i HiBore XLS
Irons 4-PW Launcher Steel Regular
Wedges: Launcher GW Niblick 10 CG10 SW CG14 60 LW Putter: Voodoo Daddy with SuperStroke GripBalls:

I'd have to go with the long putt for par or better. Nothing more satisfying than hearing (or seeing) the ball fall into the cup. It's nice to hit a booming drive or a crisp iron tight into the green but, after that shot, you've still got some work to do.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe a new golf swing that you have been working on or tweaking that comes together so that you hit the ball consistently and you see the results on the course.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

For me, if I plan to work the ball, either way, and it comes off, especially when I'm blocked off and hit a big hook or slice to get a GIR. It's like you stole a stroke. Intentional fades/slices are harder for me, so those are more gratifying.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because of its rarity for me, it's the cleanly struck fairway wood (3 or 5), especially if it ends up on or near the green. Other than that I'd go with the mid-iron. Last round it was a 5-iron shot in which I could barely feel the ball contact. Too bad I was playing for a strong fade and hit it dead straight OB instead .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!