IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note:Β This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

yes i think i will have to use and x stiff driver and a lower loft because my spin rate is high etc on Thursday im going to a demo day and i am going to use and x stiff driver, my pro recommended that i book a club fitting but there wasn't any spaces.

I dont know how fast my swing speed the only club i have some numbers is on my 3 wood:

the red ones are from my callaway x-hot fairway and the blue are various different ones and they were going into a water hazard on the left side of the course on the sim.

I dont know how fast my ss is but 120 is really fast and my slow and controlled tempo swing makes my 7 iron go that far! im very surprised that changing a grip could make such a difference to my game!

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flexΒ 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flexΒ 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pwΒ 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60Β 

Putter: OdysseyΒ 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

I'm 14, 5'2" no idea how I get my power 62*-75 56*-105 52*-115 47*-130 Pw-140 9- 150 8-160 7-170 6- 180 5- 190 4-200 4h-215 3w-230(4inches short for accuracy...gonna change) Driver-280(not consistent)

What degree is your PW? Also, what clubs do you use? Shouldn't need to have a 47 degree and a PW as they should roughly be the same loft

• Administrator

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating here:

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's exactly what my 6/7 iron swing speed is according to Golf Galaxy!

Erik, why aren't I a pro yet?!

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Erik, why aren't I a pro yet?!

Uhm… Declare yourself to be one, and you will be one. That part is easy.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by MizunoPez

What degree is your PW?

Also, what clubs do you use? Shouldn't need to have a 47 degree and a PW as they should roughly be the same loft

Well when i posted that I hadent gotten my wedges bent to those degrees yet but my pw is 45- and i had my 52 bent to 49 because it has a soft tip and goes very high- my pw is a big cavity back so i get a much bigger smash factor..my 49 is a blade like a standard wedge so does go as far if i miss hit it

Originally Posted by iacas

I posted this in another thread but it bears repeating here:

what i dont understand is that at the top of the page they get more distance than me but but at the bottom i hit it farther? I know it cant be they swing softer as they get lower because i do and i get the same distnce

Originally Posted by nick1998bunker

what i dont understand is that at the top of the page they get more distance than me but but at the bottom i hit it farther? I know it cant be they swing softer as they get lower because i do and i get the same distnce

ok i take that back- only the wedge and 9 i am longer 8 i am same and from there they get like 2 more yards a club accumulating. Dont understand that should they hit there shorter clubs much farther?

ive been going it to the range a lot lately.

My pro suggested i hit the range everyday for 2 weeks and hit at least 100 balls a day, following this advice everything is going really well especially now im used to the new grip

I hit my mid and high irons the same distances and new replicate certain shots at certain distances for instance at the range today my 8,9 iron were going past the 170 yard marker, yet when it comes to a 6 iron i can barely seem to get to roll past 180/190 given my recent boost in confidence and distance which all stem from the altered grip.

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flexΒ 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flexΒ 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pwΒ 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60Β 

Putter: OdysseyΒ 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

Probably because they swing at about 70-75% to gain accuracy with their scoring clubs.

Originally Posted by nick1998bunker

i know but i do too and it goes just as far

Amazing how in 4 weeks you have have got all of this down.

Not to mention your confidence in thinking that you hit it farther than the Β the PGA Tour average with some clubs.

Rather than realising you're wrong, or seriously delofting, you affect a wide-eyed wonderment in looking for an explanation.

Still waiting for details about these "tournaments" and "tourneys" you have been in in your month long return to the game.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

Amazing how in 4 weeks you have have got all of this down. Not to mention your confidence in thinking that you hit it farther than the Β the PGA Tour average with some clubs. Rather than realising you're wrong, or seriously delofting, you affect a wide-eyed wonderment in looking for an explanation. Still waiting for details about these "tournaments" and "tourneys" you have been in in your month long return to the game.

Right or wrong, you have to admit that he has a pretty good looking pose at the top. (assuming his avatar is him) :-)

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Maybe he has stronger lofted irons?

Or I keep going back to the other answer, that they don't hit it as far as they think they do. Β 220 yard 7 irons (190 carry?) are pretty other worldly.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

W[quote name="Shorty" url="/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1080#post_890886"]Amazing how in 4 weeks you have have got all of this down. Not to mention your confidence in thinking that you hit it farther than the Β the PGA Tour average with some clubs. Rather than realising you're wrong, or seriously delofting, you affect a wide-eyed wonderment in looking for an explanation. Still waiting for details about these "tournaments" and "tourneys" you have been in in your month long return to the game. [/quote]well lets see, back when I was a 7 hdcp I played In a tourney I would have won had it not been for an 8 on 17, I played in one i would have won bad it not been an 8-8 finish(about to be a storm, on the beach, my low point before swing changes, then I began working on my swing and a week later won, now 2 weeks later I'm just about done with my swing changes and my short game improved a Ton so I suspect I'm a 0-3 hdcp

Shorty - I think you are confusing nick1998 with our good friend Kelzzy, the gangsta wannabe from California. Although there are lots of similarities. Both are 14, both hit it further than most PGA Tour players, and both have a very high opinion of their golfing prowess.Β  I'd like to see a match between the two.....

Shorty - I think you are confusing nick1998 with our good friend Kelzzy, the gangsta wannabe from California. Although there are lots of similarities. Both are 14, both hit it further than most PGA Tour players, and both have a very high opinion of their golfing prowess.Β  I'd like to see a match between the two.....

Unless they make nationals, it would be tough for them. One is in NorCal and one in SC. Who knows, it might happen. They both seem strong, and confident.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note:Β This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!