IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by nick1998bunker

what i dont understand is that at the top of the page they get more distance than me but but at the bottom i hit it farther? I know it cant be they swing softer as they get lower because i do and i get the same distnce

i know but i do too and it goes just as far

I know what you mean.  On TV, the top players seem to hit PW about 160 yards on full swing.    You may be getting more out of your "soft" swing than you think.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What [quote name="rkim291968" url="/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1080#post_891006"] I know what you mean.  On TV, the top players seem to hit PW about 160 yards on full swing.    You may be getting more out of your "soft" swing than you think.   [/quote]do you mean- when I swing 85%my pw is 145 When I swing 75 it is 140-145 (Probably not true anymore cause I am striking the full swing better"

What

do you mean- when I swing 85%my pw is 145

When I swing 75 it is 140-145

(Probably not true anymore cause I am striking the full swing better"

The only guess I have is that you may be hitting more sweet spot with slower swing.  Sometimes, my 3/4 (shorter) swing goes as far as my full swing average.  As I become more consistent with my swing, I see more clear yardage variance between my 3/4 sing and a full one.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Y[quote name="rkim291968" url="/t/18426/average-distances-how-far-do-you-hit-each-club-and-dont-lie/1080#post_891043"] The only guess I have is that you may be hitting more sweet spot with slower swing.  Sometimes, my 3/4 (shorter) swing goes as far as my full swing average.  As I become more consistent with my swing, I see more clear yardage variance between my 3/4 sing and a full one.  [/quote]es that's what is except I'm able to hit the middle everytime with the 80 or 90... And I don't mean shorter swing I mean I don't swing as hard

Y es that's what is except I'm able to hit the middle everytime with the 80 or 90... And I don't mean shorter swing I mean I don't swing as hard

You probably mean not as fast a rotation.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Here is my swing...Today i made an hit my second shot on a par 5 to 4 feet over water into the wind 240 out... Carried it to the back and used the slope to bring it to 4 feet...

The dots are where the ball was(240 into wind over water out)

and where it ended up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDgliuwXzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxTE_Ux1tX8

Thats my wedge

Here also is my swing from a year ago, Looks faster but was over 20 yards shorter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPUQCuR49Oo

Here is my swing...Today i made an hit my second shot

I'm not sure what country you are in - but given that English would seem to be your second language, I'm not quite sure what you are saying.

In any case, the practice swing with the PW in one of your videos doesn't seem to be backing up what you are saying.

It's possible that something is being lost in your translation into English. Is that possible, do you think?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I'm not sure what country you are in - but given that English would seem to be your second language, I'm not quite sure what you are saying.

In any case, the practice swing with the PW in one of your videos doesn't seem to be backing up what you are saying.

It's possible that something is being lost in your translation into English. Is that possible, do you think?

possibly

i forgot to say why i posted those...That is my swing

i meant that is my swing then went on to talk about my eagle

• 2 weeks later...

Since I posted the distances I use to hit my clubs , its changed a lot , im hitting my 6 iron a 190 yards now , and the real kicker is that I tried out Callaway X muscles backs last night and I was hitting the six iron 210 - 220 yards with them ,  I averaged 185 with pitching wedge , and 3 iron was 245  - 260 every shot ,   I definitely now what Im buying real soon , screw cavity backs  , :D

driver - 180

3 wood - 160

3 Hybrid- 145

4 iron - 130

5 iron - 120

6 iron - 110

7 iron - 100

8 iron - 90

9 iron - 80

PW - 65-70

GW - 55

SW - 40

Not a bad shank drive if you're getting 180 out of it. If you perfect that shank draw, you may get a few more yards though...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Not a bad shank drive if you're getting 180 out of it. If you perfect that shank draw, you may get a few more yards though...

Yeah thats the issue for me. Those are just standard shank distances where I am lining up about 90 degrees left and shanking it down the middle. If I can get the shank draw going it would do wonders for my game. When I hit at the driving range the guy to left of me wouldn't be freaking out because I am aiming right at him

If I want it straight I will go 160 with my 7 iron. I wont push any further than that. You can base the other clubs from there. My driver? I take testosterone for medicinal reasons. I consistently blast em 300 plus whatever roll I get. Too bad I am not allowed to compete cause of the juice. My buddies really hate it and wont let me bet with them. lol

Note: This thread is 994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!