IGNORED

What is your golf oriented "pet peeve"

smith5606
Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My biggest pet peeve is the "Hero Golfer". This is the guy who takes a mammoth swing off the tee of a par 5, hits a 175 yard drive into the rough, and then insists on waiting for the group ahead to get off the green before he hits again.
A close second is playing behind a foursome that's playing slow, and you're waiting for them on EVERY shot. Despite this, the group ahead never looks back to consider letting you play through or even acknowledges your existence at all.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Loud people at the driving range.

Definitely one of my pet peeves

...like the person who is giving a lesson (and most of them shouldn't be) right in the middle of the range...have the decent courtesy to go down to the end of the range so your talking doesn't bother everyone...my experience though has been that the people who usually do this are doing it on purpose...I don't know maybe for attention or something as they will say something really loud and then stand there looking around to see if people are paying attention to them...God if I didn't love my ZM 's so much I swear I would... Okay...calm down it is not worth it...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

People who throw golf clubs or use excessive verbal assault because of anger/bad shots/immaturity, whatever ..... regardless of their handicap!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I hear someone say "I love to golf" or "I am going golfing", it is like fingernails on a blackboard. I love to play golf and go to play golf regularly. I also like to play bridge and Monopoly but I would not like to "bridge" or "Monopoly".

I’m something of a solipsistic misanthrope… so I really don’t have any “pet peeves” except the phrase “pet peeves.” And, just for semantic/grammatic clarification, the word “golfing” is a gerund - perfectly acceptable.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

All of the above. There are too many to single out one.

People who stand perfectly still on the green or tee box until you start your swing and then think it is okay to start walking or digging in their bag before you have actually struck the ball.

Guys who constantly exclaim "I've lost it!" when they clearly have never had "it". Or insist on knocking in a six inch putt for a 10! Guys who exclaim "what is wrong with me today?" after every errant shot, as though they have ever hit a shot any other way. Guys who drive too fast and lock the brakes on their cart, sliding to a stop in the fairway. Guys who always think it is their turn to play. Guys who take six practice swings then roll a shot 50 yards, then step back and take more practice swings before moving on. Guys who think any ball that gets airborne calls for celebration and feel the need to say "good shot" after every shot you take no matter how good or bad the shot actually is.

I have to stop now!

SubPar

Ssssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww
ppppppppplllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

My biggest pet peeve is the "Hero Golfer". This is the guy who takes a mammoth swing off the tee of a par 5, hits a 175 yard drive into the rough, and then insists on waiting for the group ahead to get off the green before he hits again.

Pretty much what I was going to say. I will also add this: Anytime you play with someone and they say "nice shot" or "good swing" after any ball hit in the air. I know they are just being polite, but can we hold off until something is hammered down the middle of the fairway or within 15-20 feet of the pin and not just somewhere on the green.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I’m something of a solipsistic misanthrope… so I really don’t have any “pet peeves” except the phrase “pet peeves.” And, just for semantic/grammatic clarification, the word “golfing” is a gerund - perfectly acceptable.

You lost me at solipsistic!!

my biggest pet peeve is when a player blames every flaw on their equipment. sure the right equipment helps, but noone is perfect...i once played with a kid who freaked out after every shot, even it was "perfect".

exactly its the Indian not the arrow.

I completely hate anger on the course, it gets me so pissed i play bad. Every match a kid would throw a ball in the water after a bad round, right in front of the whole team and the opposing team, I almost had a heart attack every time.

Someone spitting on the course, it really makes me disgusted.

thats funny cause i do all the time when i pack lip, (with beef jerky of course

) me pet peeve is when some one id completely clueless about when to hit or about getting the flag or teeing off and those little things. It bugs me a ton idk why, maybe because im annoyed by typically anyone that i consider to be "out to lunch".

Consistent putting. It is the hardest thing for me. with irons or clubs, the wind is the only variable and seldom does it vary as much as the texture of the grass, direction of grass, slope of the green and other influences. Hardest part of the game and most important.

rwise44

"Nascar Golfers", those guys who try to get 18 holes in an hour and each person has their own cart. The cart pedal is to the floor and then slammed to a stop. These are also the guys, when playing in a pair drive to each ball, sit while the other hits, then drive to the others ball, even if their balls are 20 feet apart.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

People who walk all over my putting line just because they don't know they shouldn't. If you play public courses, you are gonna get paired with this guy eventually.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

When I hear someone say "I love to golf" or "I am going golfing", it is like fingernails on a blackboard. I love to play golf and go to play golf regularly. I also like to play bridge and Monopoly but I would not like to "bridge" or "Monopoly".

My two pet golfing peeves are:

Slow play on the course. At work...people who will take pantomime golf swings while we are talking. Get's me in trouble everytime....tyring to make a sneak in a good golf converstion and someone has to demo their swing....bosses watching think we just sit around a talk golf all day.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

People who throw golf clubs or use excessive verbal assault because of anger/bad shots/immaturity, whatever ..... regardless of their handicap!

Ditto. Out of all the faux pas one sees on a course the excessive display of anger probably irks me the most. Getting mad I get, even mutting a few choice words, but pitching a fit is beyond bad form. It's childish and immature and it's the one thing that would probably get me to dump a playing partner mid-round.

Most of the other peevs mentioned are annoying, but to me are somewhat understandable. Imagine a high handicapper who makes it a practice to never hit any more than a double boogie on a hole. Eventually his playing partners would be cracking on that guy for not playing "real" golf. Or a group who takes their time playing a course. Not excessively so (say a 4 hour round), but because they've payed their money just like everyone else they want to enjoy a round and savor the experience. Certainly they should let faster groups play through, but likewise they shouldn't have to spend their round worrying whether or not they are playing fast enough to suit everyone else out on the course. What about the mid-capper who expends an inordinate amount of his attention looking down on higher cappers who actually try to play the game of golf, but because of their weaker ability can't do it as well (take more strokes, hit poor shots, etc.). Isn't that guy just as much of a doofus if not moreso because rather than enjoying his round he's worrying about everyone else? Me I try to let stuff slide. Yes other people on the course do silly and even stupid things (hitting into your group), but meeting such behavior with a bit of understanding goes a long way toward helping those people to improve their on course behavior. Copping an attitude about it rarely makes the situation better. If I encounter someone else on the course who is an obvious ass and doesn't care about anyone else then I let the clubhouse handle it.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!