IGNORED

What is your golf oriented "pet peeve"

smith5606
Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I hear someone say "I love to golf" or "I am going golfing", it is like fingernails on a blackboard. I love to play golf and go to play golf regularly. I also like to play bridge and Monopoly but I would not like to "bridge" or "Monopoly".

I agree that when people say 'golfing' it really annoys me however using golf as a verb seems fine to me.

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

my pet peeve is when people spit on the green.

i pack dip everytime i play... but i spit in an empty water bottle that stays in the cart.. i just find it disrespectful when people hawk their loogies on my putting surface...

i hate when people take a mulligan just because they duff their shot...if its still in play i dont believe a mulligan should be taken...

i dont like to be given swing tips right before i set up on a shot... the more advice people give me, the worse i get.

i dont mind slow players enjoying the game as long as they let me play through...

and i absolutely despise litterbugs... that includes people who chunk their cigarette butts. if you pack it in, pack it out. no exceptions.

my biggest pet peeve of them all is the golf clap.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

my pet peeve is when people spit on the green.

Correct me if I am wrong regarding the “golf clap,” but I believe that can also be the condition of getting gonorrhea from the cart girl... Right?

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

^hah!

Slow play.

Drunk loud idiots.

Loud talk at the driving range.

UNREPAIRED BALL MARKS.

Crap job raking bunkers.

Hitting a second ball off the tee without waiting for everyone else to cycle.

Talking and practice putting after missing a putt when someone else is still putting.

Littering.

Hogging the cart girl with ineffective flirting and slowing the course down as well as keeping her from coming by to give me a beer.

Cart men. Phooey.

People who ask me if they can take a drop, or have no penalty, or mulligan, or whatever. I don't care, do what you want, just don't ask me if it is OK (it's not).

People who cheat, keep 'score', then say scores don't matter. Just shaddap.

Low handicappers who yell "dammit, pushed it!" when they hit a 170 yard iron shot 5 feet from the hole.

Taking 12 painfully slow practice shots then chunking the ball 15 feet then doing it all over again...and again....and again.

Not being ready to take your shot (yes, this is generally just part of slow play, but it bugs me the most).

Coming into my fairway when I am on the tee to play a shot back into your fairway. If I wave you on, sure, but just running out there is rude and dangerous.

Gah, many more...I am too uptight I think!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I agree with almost all of what's been said above. Just one thing I'd like to add after I was reminded of this the painful way on the course.

I absolutely hate when I have to wait and the people in front, after finishing the whole, veeery slowly walk away from the green to the next tee. I can see the taking their time to play. That's perfectly ok, although it might be annoying to me. But taking their time when it should be my time to play? Completely inacceptable in my book. How hard is it to walk fast?
Driver: Mizuno MX-500
Hybrid: Cleveland HiBore 23°
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-P, MP-60 2-Iron
Wedges: Mizuno MX 51°, MX 56°
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC1Putter: Mizuno Tour 940

I absolutely hate when I have to wait and the people in front, after finishing the whole, veeery slowly walk away from the green to the next tee. I can see the taking their time to play. That's perfectly ok, although it might be annoying to me. But taking their time when it should be my time to play? Completely inacceptable in my book. How hard is it to walk fast?

I agree. You should try to position your golf bag/cart/whatever in such a way that you can quickly move on. Failing that, as soon as you've holed out, head over so you can quickly pick it up and head to the next tee. Once you're there, record your score, clean off your ball, put on your glove, etc.

Just to roil things up, I'll add that I don't think you should leave the green until everyone on the group has holed out. In my experience, this rarely actually speeds anything up. Further, it's distracting to the last person to putt. The proper pace should still be comfortable, you shouldn't have to feel like you're racing, just don't waste time and you're ok.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

* Someone put it well, Nascar drivers. That's by far my biggest pet peeve on the golf course, idiots who can't set aside their aggressive driving tendencies even in a golf cart. I've seen one incident or near incident after another. Two weeks ago a moron flew around the corner near our clubhouse and ran over an elderly woman's foot. She was literally leaping for her life and at the time those of us who saw it were relieved it was "only" a foot injury. Supposedly it is serious. None of us have seen her since the incident.

Those idiots also thrill to screech to a halt unnecessarily close to the group in front of them. I've reached the point if I'm playing ahead of someone like that I intentionally slow down and glare at them, letting them know they aren't going anywhere so settle down and be patient. It's particularly problematic at South Florida courses, a transfer of the local Hispanic tendency to run red lights 5 seconds after they've turned red, and immediately honk the horn as soon as a green appears.

* Players who hit up upon the group ahead of them. That shares some similarities with the aggressive driver pet peeve.

* Players who don't use common sense where to park their carts or dump their clubs. I have no trouble waiting in the fairway but it's absurd when the cart is to one side of the green and after holing out the genius is walking back to the trap on the other side to retrieve his sand wedge.

* New playing partners who don't want you to hole out. That has already been mentioned in this thread. That ball is going in the hole.

* Tunnel vision golfers who pick up your ball without sensing all the permutations on a golf course, including visits from one or two tee boxes or fairways removed. Newsflash: if it looks too good to be true to find a pristine Titleist abandoned smack in front of you, it probably is. Get your head up and look around.

^hah!

You had better quit now. You pretty much just described 1/2 the rounds in the Bay area. Well... except for the cart dudes.. Haven't seen a guy driving a cart yet...

Oh.. and there's nothing wrong with flirting with the cart girl if you give her a big tip. That's why it's a girl and NOT a guy.
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

Me I try to let stuff slide. Yes other people on the course do silly and even stupid things (hitting into your group), but meeting such behavior with a bit of understanding goes a long way toward helping those people to improve their on course behavior. Copping an attitude about it rarely makes the situation better.

Huzzah Chief Broom, good post.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Poor Golf Etiquette-A single asks to play through and you don't let him because "there is a group in front of us." Mind you, they are the only group in front and the rest of the course is clear. You then get stuck behind four guys, dressed for the PGA Tour, playing from the tips, having ZERO GAME and wondering why you have a perplexed look on your face. Hmmmm, sooooooooooo much fun!!!

Cheaters

People that don't follow the dress code-If a course does not have a dress code, fine, where what you want. If it does, don't beg for "a break this one time."

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

You had better quit now. You pretty much just described 1/2 the rounds in the Bay area. Well... except for the cart dudes.. Haven't seen a guy driving a cart yet...

So true about the Bay Area. I have 100+ rounds this year and there's no way I'm quitting! And flirting with the Cart Girl is fine, just be efficient about it. If you have no game, buy your beer and let her go.

Tangled club shafts in the bag. Getting one of the Bag Boy revolver bags with shaft lock for Christmas to get rid of my frustration!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

When I hear someone say "I love to golf" or "I am going golfing", it is like fingernails on a blackboard. I love to play golf and go to play golf regularly. I also like to play bridge and Monopoly but I would not like to "bridge" or "Monopoly".

I'm reconsidering my opinion on this.

I play a few musical instruments, but I always say that I "play drums" or "play cello" rather than saying I am a drummer or cellist. The reason is that I don't have sufficient mastery in those instruments to have earned those distinctions. Based on the 9 holes I played yesterday, I am never going to be a golfer, so I guess I will just have to "play golf."

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

So true about the Bay Area. I have 100+ rounds this year and there's no way I'm quitting! And flirting with the Cart Girl is fine, just be efficient about it. If you have no game, buy your beer and let her go.

Haha! Are you kidding? The cart girl is there specifically for guys that "got no game". For some it's the only thing that goes right on a tough day. I'd love to mic one of those girls up for a day just to hear the cheese they put up with..

Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

My pet peeve is excessive noise at the driving range, especially from people who don't control their kids they brought with them.

Nothing is more frustrating to be trying to work out the swing problems that lead to a horrible slice, only to have from a few stalls away a kid yelling at his father, "Look a squirrel !!!".

Thankfully the range is so much quieter during rainy and cold weather.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Haha! Are you kidding? The cart girl is there specifically for guys that "got no game". For some it's the only thing that goes right on a tough day. I'd love to mic one of those girls up for a day just to hear the cheese they put up with..

bahaha. Try our cart girl, a guy i played with said, "Do you have any cart girls under 70?" they are old..and one of the ugliest girls i have ever met is being hired to be a cart girl.. we are not smart :(

My pet peeve is, "good ball, nice shot" when its not a good shot.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

We tip them extremely well and send them on their way so -- if they are smart -- they will hurry back with more fresh cold beer.

Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!