IGNORED

What is your golf oriented "pet peeve"

smith5606
Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine would be people who make 60 full divots on the driving range when hitting a bucket of 60 balls rather than just placing each ball on the back edge of the previous divot.

I also don't understand why many men never seem to learn to take off their hats when they enter the clubhouse or grill room. I was next to a guy who the other day who seemed shocked when the bartender told him she would be happy to serve him as soon as he removed his hat. He thought she was crazy and I thought his parents must have done a lousy job when he was a child.

Where do I begin? There are so many to choose from...
Of the most concern and disgust to me is the golfer who hits a bad drive, lowers his head and has no idea where it went. Yep, we know you pull-hooked it left. It just isn't my responsibility to keep an eye on it for you.

I have spent rounds helping one of the players in our foursome locate his ball on almost every hole!

Helpful hint: Pick a line from the teebox to the area where you think it went. Possibly a landmark such as the tree it went screaming towards. Walk on that line and know that I WILL help you locate it; I just want to know you made an effort.

It is awfully distracting to my game to continually search for other player's balls. Thank you in advance!

Driver: 9.5* Sumo SQ 460 w/ UST Proforce V2
3 Wood: 15* 906F2 w/ Aldila NV Fairway 75S
5Wood 18* 906F2 w/ Aldila NV Fairway 75S
Irons: 695CB, 4-W w/ True Temper S-300's, standard loft and lie
Wedges: 52*,56*, 60* CG12/ChromePutter::Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2Bag: BX-8631Ball::...

Tangled club shafts in the bag. Getting one of the Bag Boy revolver bags with shaft lock for Christmas to get rid of my frustration!

Anyone using any tube bag needs to be prepared to replace a lot of grips. Stick with cutains.

People who do not fill divots. I belong to a private club that gets much less play than any public course. Our course is closed until noon on Mondays. On a recent Monday about 12 of us volunteered for a "Divot Party". We started on #1 Tee and went through 18 holes and used over 400 pounds of divot mix. We have divot mix refill stations on #1, #3, #7, #10, #13, & #16.

I forgot one...just happened (again) today. Unsolicited swing/grip/stance advice from some 'helpful' idiot thrown in your foursome.

Today:

Idiot: "I can see your problem, your grip is wrong."

Me: "Wow, are you a teaching pro?"

Idiot: "No."

Me: "Then where do you get off giving me unsolicited advice in the middle of a round?"

Idiot: "Sorry"

Me: "I hope you learned something"

It was a little icy after that, but I really HATE people who think they need to give other people...especially people they don't know...advice.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Anyone using any tube bag needs to be prepared to replace a lot of grips. Stick with cutains.

Thanks for the tip!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

I dunno...I use a bag boy revolver and played over 100 rounds so far this year and my grips are fine

I forgot one...just happened (again) today. Unsolicited swing/grip/stance advice from some 'helpful' idiot thrown in your foursome.

Haha!

I agree completley. I love when some guy i get paired with starts giving me advice, i mean, im shooting one over, this guys on his third double bogey.. I mean, if you ask for advice, thats one thing, but no need for advice if no one asks or hints.. I played with a guy who was just a horrendous putter, his follow through was about an inch long, compared to his foot long take back. and he would drop lines like, "what am i doing?" " i am a horrible putter" after nearly every putt, so eventually we gave him some advice, but god, if im playing well dont tell me anything!!

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Haha!

Had a similar situation on saturday, guy in our group was slicing terrible and asked us what he was doing wrong, so I mentioned to him his stance was way way way open. A 25 h/c told him it was in his swing. Who did the guy believe ????

I don't have many, but guys that spend countless time searching for balls bug me. I posted this on another thread and realized it should really be here:

After the game yesterday we were sitting down to have lunch overlooking the 18th. It's surrounded by water on the front and left side. We were watching a foursome finish. One of the guys in the foursome proceeded to get out his 20' ball grabber and spend at least 5+ minutes scooping balls out of the lake while his "friends" watched from their carts.

Then he did a Gomer Pyle with them. From the veranda, he just looked like such a jackass... All wet and disheveled, dropping and kicking balls across the green as he got himself and his new found gold back to the cart.

I can't help but to think it was the best part of his day. He probably couldn't tell you his score, but I can just picture him bragging about how many free Pro V's he got.

I dread getting paired with guys like that. You know if they're willing to do it in front of everyone at the 18th they've been doing it all day. Every water hole or hazard area takes an extra few minutes while the cheap ass shows everyone how smart he is by holding up the group so he can get his free balls.

Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

I've gotta say, a lot of you folks seem to be easily annoyed. I thought I was but apparently it's not just me. Actually I think I'm pretty laid back.

I hate it when guys take literally 5 minutes to line up a putt, then miss, and then do it again, and miss, and then do it again to finally make it from 6 inches away.

I'm a fairly quick player - I don't usually take any practice swings unless I'm pitching onto the green from pretty close - but I do take a few moments to line up my putts. But I know my skill level and I usually know when I walk up to the ball if I have a shot at making it into the cup. I almost feel like people should be allowed a specific time limit on the green. If you spend five minutes lining up your first putt, you'd better make it. Maybe it's just me though.

Oh, and as far as people practicing or playing two balls when the course is backed up - what do you care? You're going to have to sit and wait either way. My dad does it and he's just as pissy as anyone when it comes to slowing every one down - it's a coping mechanism. Maybe you should try it...

Driver: 10.5* 909 D3
Hybrid: 585.H Utility Metal
3-PW: Z-B Forged
50*, 54*, 58*: Vokey Spin Milled Wedges
Putter: Pro Platinum 35"Ball: Pro V1 (when I can afford them)

Then he did a Gomer Pyle with them.

I know who Gomer Pyle is, but what does that mean? Did he say GAWWWWWWLEEEEE!!!! Or...?

My pet peeve is the golf cart. I understand if you need to ride for medical reasons, but just about everybody rides and I believe the golf cart destroys the sociality of golf. Walking down the fairway catching up with old friends or getting to know new ones is what golf is truly about.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

A word on the unsolicited advice guy. Your handicap has no influence on giving advice or not. My dad is a low handicap and gives terrible advice. I've know mid to high handicappers who really knew the golf swing and gave good advice. The point is unsolicited advice is rude and annoying regardless of the person's handicap.

My pet peeve is jeans on the course. I know it's been discussed many times in other threads but it will always bother me.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I also don't understand why many men never seem to learn to take off their hats when they enter the clubhouse or grill room. I was next to a guy who the other day who seemed shocked when the bartender told him she would be happy to serve him as soon as he removed his hat. He thought she was crazy and I thought his parents must have done a lousy job when he was a child.

I have to say this may be a local rule. I've never seen this in any place I've ever played. I would not have a problem with it but would cut someone some slack if that was the house rule. They may not have known.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Note: This thread is 4382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!