IGNORED

How do you keep your golf game in shape in the winter season?

Note: This thread is 5591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thing I hate about golf domes and hitting nets... if you aren't pretty knowledgeable about your swing and can feel when you make a good swing, then you could ingrain bad habits since you can't really see the ball flight.

I swing in my basement and practice the mechanics. I chip and putt in my basement also.

I take long walks to strengthen my lower body. I am a 24 handicapper so you probably shouldn't listen to what I say! Anyway thats what I do. I can tell by how the iron comes through the mat if it was a good swing or not.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I chip and putt in my basement. Run or walk for distances.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I take long walks to strengthen my lower body. I am a 24 handicapper so you probably shouldn't listen to what I say!

I have found that hockey works well for this... my wife has always told me how much she likes "my strong legs"

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

i can still tell if i am making a good swing the dome is 150 yards so driver long irons hybrid fairway woods you can't see the whole flite but i can still tell if i made a good swing and most the time if i hit a bad one i can tell before 150 yards.

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I play golf, heck I just shot 72 this morning. I do feel for you northern guys. My wife is from Michigan and is always buggin' to move back there. I laugh. After being able to play golf 365 I could never have to take off the winter months.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i found a sweet way that every one can do with 40 dollars. First you need to buy the callaway practice balls with hex aerodinamics so you can see what your real ball flight was of that swing. Then you need to buy a hitting mat golf town has a pure strike one for 10 dollars with tee's. Then you can go out to your side walk and hit balls like you would at the range and the practice balls are soft so you wont do any damage. I also think putting mats are great and if you have a cold sellar or any cement floor it is most likely not perfectly flat and you can practice some breaking putts on the floor just put a carpet down. It works both ways cause if you have the mat at one end and the putt is going left to right put the mat where you are standing go to the other end and the putts will be right to left. Happy getting better.

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

With the exception of the semi-indoor range i go to once or twice a week in the winter, I completely stay away from golf. As hard as it is, I have come to realize that I get into very bad habits swinging clubs in my basements.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Lucky for me my basement carpet isn't slow like some of my friends'. And there's enough room to practice putts from 25' and in. I also practice chipping in my basement as well. And also I want to try to get out to an indoor driving range sometime to hit my irons/woods. It's hard to swing a club threw 18" of snow.

I live in New Orleans and right now it is breezy and 80 degrees so I just play golf.

How is your great city doing? I went to Mardi Gras in 1971 with a buddy from college. We drove down from the Boston area since we both had taken a leave of absence for one semester. Sadly, that was the year that the Grand Marshall, Al Hirt, was hit in the mouth with a brick. The good news was that he recovered. I liked the city so much that my wife and I flew down from Upstate New York to spend our honeymoon there in 1980. We have fond memories of the French Quarter, Preservation Hall, and the Cajun and Creole food. We are in the "Snow Belt", and except for golf simulators and hitting balls inside a dome, our golf games go into hiberantion.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

How is your great city doing? I went to Mardi Gras in 1971 with a buddy from college. We drove down from the Boston area since we both had taken a leave of absence for one semester. Sadly, that was the year that the Grand Marshall, Al Hirt, was hit in the mouth with a brick. The good news was that he recovered. I liked the city so much that my wife and I flew down from Upstate New York to spend our honeymoon there in 1980. We have fond memories of the French Quarter, Preservation Hall, and the Cajun and Creole food.

City is great considering the hurricanes and corrupt politicians.

The cuisine is as good as ever and last week it was 77 degrees and breezy all week long. This week its slightly chillier with highs in the high 60's. Life is good.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

Create an indoor driving range. Get some mats and a big net. Hit balls into the net

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

here in arkansas, it never really gets SUPER cold. we may have a day (or a short string of days) where it gets down into the 30s, maybe even the 20s on a rare occasion, but for the most part even in winter it hangs out near 40. while i may not necessarily want to hit the course or even the range in 40 degrees, our yard is big enough that i'll go out and work on shots that are 50 yards or less. keeping the short game polished is usually enough to keep my long game in at least semi-decent shape.

I live in New Orleans and right now it is breezy and 80 degrees so I just play golf.

I can't wait to move back South just so I can practice in the winter without a hassle (hope to move to Houston in May, 2009). I've tried the heated driving ranges near my place but if the temperature drops under 30 the heaters don't help keep your extremities warm (toes, fingers). Last night I had to resort to practicing by taking a training mat (SmartPath) out by an indoor pool, along with a few clubs, and some training attachments (SwingGlyde, SwingPerfect). Though I prefer a bucket of balls to practice with, my busy holiday schedule and the cold weather gave me no choice but to try alternate measures. Thank goodness my apartment has an indoor pool (that I never swim in) and it's heated. Otherwise I would have to go with a few weeks without practicing my swing.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

• 2 weeks later...
As I've started to get serious about the game, I've started working with an instructor who uses computerized swing analysis and has a heated driving station. I also have a 45min slot each Sunday at a golf dome and an Explanar I use in my garage.

It's supposed to get down to 15 below this week, so it will be awhile before the courses open up here - lol

We have indoor ranges here in Ottawa (Thank God because the snow and cold temps make it difficult to play). I also try and go to Florida for at least a week each winter. Unfortunately I won't be making it there this year.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Note: This thread is 5591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!