IGNORED

how often do you really clean your clubs

flopdarock
Note: This thread is 4866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

how often do you really clean your clubs and how do you do it?

i hardly ever clean my clubs aside from after playing a shot... brushing it down... then wiping it off with my bag towel... all during the course of play

ill only really really clean them after playing in the rain or mud... bring them in the house... a basin of warm soapy water... a scrub brush... and a dry towel... but its rare
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In season, i probly clean my clubs every other round, i like to keep them clean but an too lazy to do it after every round. Its clucial to keep the wedges clean though, so i clean them the most.

Just when I have time usually on sunday nights lol btw I just use water and an old toothbrush then sometimes i come back with some polishing compound and clean the shaft and head good, just to keep them in as good condition as I can
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Ironically I just did it like an hour ago. But I'll clean them after practice and after a round.

i wish i had to clean mine, in boston we just got a snow storm today, around 8 inches.

Clean them after every shot. Keep one towel wet and one dry. Then after every two rounds, bring them into the house for a good scrubbing.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

I clean mine after every round. I use a club brush and warm water. I make sure not to use the side that has the brass bristles on my forged clubs though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I thoroughly clean mine a day or so after a round. I'm too tired after 18 to whip them all out and scrub them down.

During play though, I take my brush and towel and wipe them down after a shot.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Clean mine after every shot, every round, every practice session. The grooves are never filled with dirt. Use the high pressure hose in the sink with hot water and a sponge.

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

After each shot. Got one of these scrubber brushes and a wet towel with me always. Can't have dirty grooves.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Why the X-20 3 Iron only?

In the bag:

Irons X20 5-SW
Hybrids Slingshot 20* and 23*
Fairway Wood SasQuatch 15* Rescue:18* Perfect Plus (Don't laugh! I fairway people to death with that thing!)Putter Dual Force 550 Proudly, I hit no Driver. Who needs it?

I usually clean mine after every shot if it is necessary and for sure after every round.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Why the X-20 3 Iron only?

Don't want another hybrid in my bag, want something a little easier to hit than the XForged. My friends call it my "cheater club." I've got an X22 Tour 3 iron on order for this season.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I clean them after every shot. Because of that I rarely have to make a point of cleaning them at home.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am like BEN. I have a scrubber brush on my bag and my clubs get a good cleaning after/before every shot. I try and wash my grips at least once a week. Soap filled sink with lots of suds for the grips. I don't use a glove and they get pretty slick if I don't stay on top of them.

My golfing buddy (and bff ;)) never cleans his clubs, and I have not idea how he plays with dirty clubs. I don't know if it's the OCD in me or not, but I can't stand dirty clubs.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I clean my irons after every shot, make sure the grooves are clean. Driver and woods/hybrids only if I hit a shot where they got splattered. I usually do a thorough cleaning once a month, where I wash the entire club, clean the grips really well with hot soapy water, and rub the shafts and the woods/hybrids/driver faces down with rubbing alcohol. Usually go through my bag and clean out any clutter that may have accumulated there as well. Gotta take care of the equipment, costs too much not to.

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

I do a rough cleaning as I go on the course (not necessarily after every shot). That would be a dip in the club cleaner on the cart and a wipe from the towel. I do a thorough cleaning with warm water and dish detergent after every round and range session. I always use the nylon side of the brush and never ever use the brass side.

Note: This thread is 4866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!