IGNORED

Lol Andrew Magee suspended

Cizzle
Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Andrew Magee got suspended from the Golf Channel for saying "I just saw a fan wearing a T-shirt that read, 'I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts for eating a brownie.' "

Thoughts? Should they have suspended him? Apparently he thought he was off the air when he said it and Gary Mccord did not find the shirt amusing.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

Such are the perils of broadcasting to the masses. Make sure the mic is off. Granted, I think the shirt is funny as hell and I would have commented on it, too. But you can't do it to the countless people watching a tournament on national TV.

I understand why he was suspended but I don't agree with it. We are going overboard with the political correctness sometimes, this being an example on it. Shirt was funny as hell though.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

I'm just sorry it wasn't Gary McCord.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Andrew Magee got suspended from the Golf Channel for saying "I just saw a fan wearing a T-shirt that read, 'I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts for eating a brownie.' "

If you have any intelligence and care whether you keep your job or not, and you are a broadcaster with a microphone in front of you, you always have to assume that it may be on. How many times are we going to hear someone excuse his or her mistake by saying, "I thought it was off." That is just a stupid comment. It was a bad "joke" about the Boy Scouts, and he should be suspended. On occasion in the past, I have seen Andrew and Alex on The Golf Channel. They sometimes can be really dopey, so what Andrew did does not surprise me one bit.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I'm just sorry it wasn't Gary McCord.

As much as his mouth is constantly operating....I'm surprised it wasn't McCord.

His mouth is in perpetual motion. Guy needs to come up for air. I sort of like some of his commentary work....but too much of a good thing is....well.....too much. I agree with the above statements...if you are gonna do that type of work for a living, then you'd best operatate under the assumption that the mic and camera is always on.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

The shirt is tasteless, so Magee should have had the sense to keep his mouth shut over the tasteless shirt. But at the same time, I hope it is just a slap on the wrist and he doesn't lose his job over it.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

The shirt is tasteless, so Magee should have had the sense to keep his mouth shut over the tasteless shirt. But at the same time, I hope it is just a slap on the wrist and he doesn't lose his job over it.

I agree with you. One stupid and tasteless mistake should not cost him his job. After all, Kelly Tilghman's incredibly stupid comment about a noose and the back alley, that left Nick Faldo speechless, did not cost her the job. The Golf Channel is really developing a bad reputation for "motor mouths".

Golf in general has a bunch of motor-mouthed announcers. I can relate that to the Johnny Miller factor where Johnny thinks everything he says matters and the other media outlets praise him for "speaking his mind". One reason why I liked Curtis Strange, he announced golf, gave some perspective about the Tour but didn't overdo it. Keep it to the golf and not the flair.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

if i were a boy scout i would find that shirt tasty!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I agree with you. One stupid and tasteless mistake should not cost him his job.

Suspension != losing your job

That being said, I'd be okay if he lost his job anyway. He doesn't add much. Then again, he may be better than the alternatives.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

At least he had some actual golfing credentials. They are likely to replace him with someone lacking any professional playing experience.

Unfortunate incident.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Yeah that sucks, I like Magee. I can't believe Magee got in trouble for something he thought was not being heard and he apologized. Gary McCord sticks his foot in his mouth at least once every 10 minutes and never apologizes. And let's not forget Tilghman's past comments, oh yeah I forgot she is a woman and is allowed mercy. I wished they would do something with McCord and Tilghman, so I could quit muting the TV while watching tournaments. A good place would be the Siberian Tour, so their stupidity could not be understood(although I think it would still shine through).

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

At least he had some actual golfing credentials. They are likely to replace him with someone lacking any professional playing experience.

You are probably right. Most of the announcers The Golf Channel uses are not worth listening to. One disappointment has been those who used to write good articles and interviews in the print media, and now make comments and analyses that are "run of the mill" or worse, just plain boring. The one in particular that I have thinking of is Brian Hamm. Is he still on The Golf Channel? For the last 6 months, I have seldom tuned in to that channel, and I used to watch it every day. The broadcasters whom I liked the best were Frank Nobilo, Brandel Chamblee, and Dottie Pepper. Are Frank and Brandel still on? Of course, I really miss Peter Kessler and "Golf Talk Live".

I don't understand it,its a funny shirt that has a harmless joke wrote on it and most people would smirk at it,whats the world coming to when we can't smirk at a f*#king bumper sticker e.t.c,major over reaction.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

• Administrator
I don't understand it,its a funny shirt that has a harmless joke wrote on it and most people would smirk at it,whats the world coming to when we can't smirk at a f*#king bumper sticker e.t.c,major over reaction.

Smirking to yourself is not the same as re-telling the joke to millions. I personally find it mildly amusing, but I wouldn't re-tell the joke (if it was even a "joke" you could tell) to anyone except people I knew would find it similarly amusing.

Then again, it was Golf Channel, so maybe I should have said "tens" instead of "millions."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Smirking to yourself is not the same as re-telling the joke to millions. I personally find it mildly amusing, but I wouldn't re-tell the joke (if it was even a "joke" you could tell) to anyone except people I knew would find it similarly amusing.

I agree with you. This episode reflects poorly on The Golf Channel. Has management issued an apology to the general viewing public, and the Boy Scouts in particular? Andrew Magee should have known better. Some of these "broadcasters" are afflicted with "diarreha of the mouth", and managment bears the ultimate responsiblity for such actions by its employees.

Note: This thread is 5575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!