IGNORED

The Haney Project: Can Haney Fix Barkley’s Swing?

Uber$winG
Note: This thread is 5332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Can Haney Fix Barkley’s Swing?

• YES
    • NO
    • MAYBE
    • WHO CARES?

Well from the TNT video posted a little earlier, it looks like his swing does improve. The teaser at the end of the show seemed to indicate that he went to the course in the middle of the reconstruction effort and blew up everything he earned. I could not imagine going through whatever he went through and having it prevent me from playing golf.

I hope he does get his swing fixed...after all the humor in his swing is long over, at least for me, it is now just painful to watch.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem won't be fixing his swing, it will be getting whatever he is thinking out of his head. It's obvious (to me anyway) that he is thinking by the numbers, which is ruining his tempo.

This is why golf is so hard. Hitting a moving target is easier, because you don't think about it, you just do it. When you are staring down at that stationary ball, your instincts/reflexes go out the window.

IMHO, he is one of those people that can't afford to have any swing thoughts. He should substitute it with some type of song.

1 2 buckle my shoe
3 4 shut the door

Something (anything) that makes him concentrate on temp and forget about what he is supposed to be doing.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Hitting a moving target is easier, because you don't think about it, you just do it.

There are many baseball players who were victims of curve balls that will disagree with this statement.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Absolutely no chance! Barkley has spent over $100k on a psych and it has done nothing. It's the same as sending someone with the YIPS for a putting lesson. It is way too far beyond poor technique and is now a neurological hitch/twitch.
My two cents.....
Andrew Rice
www.andrewricegolf.com
www.itsallaboutimpact.com

It's all mental with Charles. I've seen three videos, now, where he swings a golf club, nicely. There is no hitch/pause/dipping that you see, now. He's actually really fluid with a nice finish.

I hope he can fix his swing problems. I don't think its funny or amusing for someone to struggle like he does, especially if he's going to continue to play on TV. He should not become a sideshow.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
Absolutely no chance! Barkley has spent over $100k on a psych and it has done nothing. It's the same as sending someone with the YIPS for a putting lesson. It is way too far beyond poor technique and is now a neurological hitch/twitch.

I think Hank Haney cured himself of driving yips, so while I get what you're saying, I also think that Hank isn't going at this purely from a technical point of view.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i really hope he can get a real swing. He has a great mentality and has the attitude to be good at golf. Haney CAN do it, now will he? that a better question

Just watched the first episode... Very entertaining... The practice facility where they filmed this show is about 10 minutes from my house... The crazy thing about that practice range is that there is a pond in front of the tee... The practice balls are "floaters"... The first time I practiced there I couldn't believe it.

I like to play the par 3 they have behind it. As far as executive course go it's not easy.

I think he will be able to fix his swing...and man I hope he does. I couldn't believe having a swing like that and not being able to play because of it. I was hoping they would show the Nike fitting he went through. It would be interesting to see how you fit someone with a swing like that.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I like to play the par 3 they have behind it. As far as executive course go it's not easy.

Sounds crazy but I've never played it... I need to get out there soon

I heard that GC ordered 10 episodes... Does anyone know if Barkley's DUI interfered with the filming of the show?

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I don't understand how he managed to get that swing, if you can call it a swing. It's more like lashing at the ball. I've seen the swing he had before, not bad at all. I can't believe someone would lose that swing all of a sudden, has he got some sort of mental disability?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

i feel bad for him (not for the DUI, thats unforgivable) because i would hate for that to happen to me or one of my buddies. imagine if that happened to you?

Colin P.

I don't understand how he managed to get that swing, if you can call it a swing. It's more like lashing at the ball. I've seen the swing he had before, not bad at all. I can't believe someone would lose that swing all of a sudden, has he got some sort of mental disability?

i dont know if its mental or not but since he retired from the nba hes had several back surgeries... if that has anything to do with it

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

After the first show, I think his swing already looks better. I think Haney is gonna have his work cut out for him, but Barkely should be back in the 80's by the end.

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

The Golf Channel will air this debacle come 2 March 2009.

He has the worst swing that I have ever seen. Haney will have to work a "true miracle" to get him to hit the golf ball decently. I am not watching the show because I do not want to have an image of THAT swing in my brain.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I think its mainly a mental thing. He's obviously a very capable athlete. He's simply going to have to get his confidence back in front of crowds. Or stop playing the pro/ams and just relax on the home course.

I think Haney can easily fix Barkley's swing. Its his mental state that will need the most adjustment.

I find it intriguing that some people conclude the swing is a put on, a gimmick, some form of conspiracy. The claimed motive is notoriety for Sir Charles. I don't see how that makes sense. Who wants that sort of notoriety? Why would Barks, a proud and accomplished athlete, want it? How would that further his interests? He couldn't have known it would result in becoming the guinea pig in HH's latest cult of personality reality show. It seems the costs so far outweigh the perceived benefits that it cannot possibly be a fake. Anyway, I voted "yes" -- it's not like CB has some sort of physical deformity that causes a seizure mid swing, so necessarily it must be curable with enough work and confidence.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Note: This thread is 5332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!