IGNORED

What type of swing do you have?

Note: This thread is 5531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a slice, then a really good swing, then a hook then back to a slice and the cycle goes on and on.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Sure they do! Thats what all this hooplah surrounding S&T; is about. Many players are adopting it.

S&T; is just another fad which may work for some but undoubtedly doesn't work for others....like everything else. It's undoubtedly been around for ages but now it has a name it's all the rage.

I've tried EVERY single method out there, and it was the worse decision I've ever made.

Your natural swing...exactly.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its true actually. i kill my irons most days and my wedge play is better than most people i play with...

Hardly 'pin point' accuracy

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Hardly 'pin point' accuracy

ok i come up short every now and then... give me a break.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

i'm certainly not trying to give you any grief, but i think it's really important that a player knows where his or her shortcomings are. a lot of people i know will somehow convince themselves they're hitting the ball just fine, it's just that this happens or that happens or something else happens. "i have pin point accuracy with my irons, it's just that i come up short sometimes." 7 out of 18 is only 39% of the greens in a round, and there's room for improvement there. if you have yourself thinking that your irons are pinpoint accurate and that there's nothing wrong with your iron play, you aren't ever going to bother working on hitting more GIRs, and as such, you're probably going to be hitting 7 (or so) GIRs per round for a long time to come.

in any aspect of the game, it's dangerous to think "(this aspect of) my game is just where it needs to be" unless it's just really very obviously true. if you hit 3/4 of the fairways every single time you play, you can probably safely say your shots off the tee are in good shape. if you hit 3/4 of GIRs, you can probably safely say your approach shots are solid. if you have 32 putts or less per round every time, your putting is pretty good. anything less... there's room for improvement.

again, i'm not trying to rag on you for saying you have pinpoint accurate iron shots, i'm just saying that if you think something is as good as it needs to be, then it's easy to stop pushing yourself to move up to the next level.

we now return you to your previously scheduled thread.

i'm certainly not trying to give you any grief, but i think it's really important that a player knows where his or her shortcomings are. a lot of people i know will somehow convince themselves they're hitting the ball just fine, it's just that this happens or that happens or something else happens. "i have pin point accuracy with my irons, it's just that i come up short sometimes." 7 out of 18 is only 39% of the greens in a round, and there's room for improvement there. if you have yourself thinking that your irons are pinpoint accurate and that there's nothing wrong with your iron play, you aren't ever going to bother working on hitting more GIRs, and as such, you're probably going to be hitting 7 (or so) GIRs per round for a long time to come.

i understand completely what you are saying. maybe pin-point accuracy wasn't the right choice of words to describe what i was trying to say...

most of the gir's i miss are on super long par 5's or when i have a bad drive.. i only average 220-230 off the tee and every now and then i'll hit a bad duck hook that ends up in the trees... which compromises my game... when i do get a good drive or a reasonable lie within 175 yards or so, i almost always hit the green from there... or come close enough to where i can putt off the fringe. when i said pin-point accuracy i was referring to the fact when i address the ball with any of my irons.. especially my 2 and 3 iron, i pick out a spot on the fairway or green that i want the ball to land on.. and honestly i usually hit it within that spot the majority of the time. im in no way set on my iron game.. i could use improvement, especially when im trying to hit a fade or playing from an awkward lie... but my iron play is basically what saves me every round i play. i really need to work with my driver and putter more.. thats bout all i need to get in the single digits. when i was abouy 7 years old, my dad cut down an old 1 iron that he never used and i went to the course with him every weekend and played the par 3's with it. i got my first full cutdown iron set when i was 10 years old and it didnt include a driver or fairway wood, and when i got my isi-k's when i was 14 i still didnt have any woods, i teed off with a 1 iron every time. i didnt get my first driver untill i was 17. i'm just alot more comfortable and way more accurate with an iron in my hands than anything else. its a massive fault i know... but its yet to let me down.

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

How did you decide what swing you were going to have? What made you choose S&T; or One plane swing, et cetera.

Since I learned how to golf back in the early 60's I'm a swinger.

LOL, stack & tilt--I believe in the 60's it was called "forward lean".

My teacher was completely science based. I completely disagree with the science of stack and tilt. Two plane swing is a little misleading. I have a lot more details on my site but I just do whatever is the most efficient motion I can make. Hope that answers your question.

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

Even after a fifteen year vacation from golf, it still looks like the old 1970s "reverse C" swing I had as a kid.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

2 Plane. Stack and tilt is just for those guy's who don't want to work real hard and grind it out (IMHO=)). My hand's drop at the top, pretty much like Sergio Garcia, but not quite has much.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I sort of have one plane swing with fast hips. Looking at my swing videos, I kinda look like Anthony Kim and Michelle Wie put together. Obviously I wish my ball-striking was as good as theirs...

Does "bad" count as a type?

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Note: This thread is 5531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!