IGNORED

All you can eat Korean BBQ

Ben
Note: This thread is 5503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Six very dangerous words. Just got back from a feast. My clothes stink of the beef my gut is over-packed with. I'm so full I'm having trouble breathing. I need some water. I could do it all over again tomorrow though!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Six very dangerous words. Just got back from a feast. My clothes stink of the beef my gut is over-packed with. I'm so full I'm having trouble breathing. I need some water. I could do it all over again tomorrow though!

As I sit here, preparing my dinner of baked potato, chili, and cheese, my mind starts to wander to this.

I went for something like this a few years ago, back before I could eat a good amount. I need to get back too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Korean BBQ is great. Bipimbap (Korean stone bowl with rice, beef, vegetables, and egg is one of my favorites. Add some spicy bean curd or Sirachi to taste. Alternate with chopsticks and some of those small bowl variety appetizer things. Wash down with Kirin or Asahi.....repeat. I lived in Korea for four years growing up, they have some great food. One of my favorite snacks growing up was dried fish on a stick. Sort of like fish jerky. Fish cut very thin and soaked in soysauce and other spices, then dried/dehydrated. Most excellent.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. My wife is from South Korea and I've had the chance to sample plenty of their cuisine. I really like Yuk-gae-jang (spicy beef soup) Kalbi (what you ate-Korean BBQ), Kim-bab (Korean sushi)... all in all, they have a very healthy diet. Oh yes, and I can't forget about Kimchi... I love it :)

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

About a month ago I had the best Korean ribs that you would die for and I stuffed myself, now you got me thinking about that place again, Korean BBQ Palace in Sunnyvale, CA

http://www.yelp.com/biz/palace-bbq-buffet-sunnyvale

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

WOW i must be stupid iv never even heard of Korean BBQ LOL.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Oh its good stuff. I don't know where you are from, but if the town where you lives has one, its worth a visit!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Man, you're missing out. A shop near here even has Korean BBQ burritos. They are fantastic!

its slang for Barbequed Cat (just kidding

You've got your stereotypes mixed up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Glad you enjoyed your meal! I love Korean food and banchan! I make Kalbi on a regular basis. And I love, love, love kim chee! We have a couple of Korean grocery stores local to me and I love shopping there.

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

its slang for Barbequed Cat (just kidding)

That's ignorant... It's not funny, even as a joke.

Glad you enjoyed your meal! I love Korean food and banchan! I make Kalbi on a regular basis. And I love, love, love kim chee! We have a couple of Korean grocery stores local to me and I love shopping there.

Kimchi and panchan, the two mainstays of Korean cuisine. My wife makes many different side dishes. Most of them are really good but some of them... No thanks.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

So what's the difference between the various Korean BBQ dishes mentioned here (like Kolbi) and "Bulgogi" - which is what I see around here always offered as the same dish. (And it's deeeeeeeelicious, whatever it is!)

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

So what's the difference between the various Korean BBQ dishes mentioned here (like Kolbi) and "Bulgogi" - which is what I see around here always offered as the same dish. (And it's deeeeeeeelicious, whatever it is!)

I had to double check with my wife just to make sure I got everything right.

Bulgogi is beef. Kalbi is a cut of beef, just like a sirlion or new york is a cut of beef. I would say that Kalbi is most similar to a sirloin or new york in quality and taste. There are other dishes using bulgogi as well, but most are not BBQ'd at the table. Kalbi can be marinated (sweet), or non-marinated. I really don't like sweet marinated beef. It is then cut into pieces, and BBQ'd at your table, often by the waitress, or by the people at the table. Often you will use a piece of lettuce, put in some rice, some hot pepper paste, and a piece of two or beef. It's really good. As with American Steakhouses, some Korean BBQ places are better than others. Pork, or Dwe-ji-gogi, has different cuts as well, just like we have bacon, ham, and pork chops. Sam-geop-sal, think thickly cut bacon (not smoked) is cooked very similar to Kalbi, and is also very good. If you know someone who is Korean, they will be able to help you find a good restaurant in or near your area. They always know

Cheers, Allan

Your a jerk for posting this especially since I cant go there.

I had to double check with my wife just to make sure I got everything right.

Well, thanks to you AND your wife, Iceman!

There is a large population of Koreans here in the NJ/NY Metro area. (Of course, there is a large population of every ethnic group in this melting pot area it seems!). My wife and I have been to several excellent Korean restaurants over the past two or three years, and have fallen in love with a number of the dishes. I love the pork belly - uncured, like you said - cooked in the grill that's built in to each table at our favorite place. We've even developed a taste for soju! In fact, my wife became so enamored of the food and decor that she started watching Korean dramas (their soap operas) that are broadcast on our local KBS outlet. She sits there yelling at the evil mother-in-law (there's ALWAYS an evil mother-in-law) and eating various Korean snacks she buys at one of the Asian markets around here. I've even been *cough* known to join her once in a while.... Thanks again!

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Well, thanks to you AND your wife, Iceman!

No problem... you are so lucky to have KBS available. My wife and I guess me as well are both addicted... we have to watch via the computer.

Cheers, Allan

Your a jerk for posting this especially since I cant go there.

If you think his postings about food are a problem, you should see the golf scores he posts!

That reminds me, Ben: where did you go for this? Was it in Los Angeles area?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 5503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!