IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Only time will tell....

I agree. Tiger's good but only time will tell.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

I wasn't alive at jack's prime so I go with tiger being the greatest golfer, also tiger can rip it further, has a better short game, and he's a built athlete, what else is their to say?

You said you weren't alive so how can you say Tiger has a better short game?

See if you can find a video of the 1980 U.S. Open or any tournament Jack won. That putt on 17 in the '86 masters is easy to find. Best ever? How can you boil it down to two? Hogan? Nelson? Hagen? Sarazen? Those guys were playing with crap clubs and crap balls on crap courses.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

You said you weren't alive so how can you say Tiger has a better short game?

Agree 100%. And I would go further by questioning how the guy knows Tiger could rip it further? Jack could routinely drive over 300 yards with persimmon clubs back in the 1960s and he was out in front of just about everybody all the time. Today most tour pros drive the ball as far as Tiger, and some further.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Agree 100%. And I would go further by questioning how the guy knows Tiger could rip it further? Jack could routinely drive over 300 yards with persimmon clubs back in the 1960s and he was out in front of just about everybody all the time. Today most tour pros drive the ball as far as Tiger, and some further.

You must have been born before 1980 like me.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

You must have been born before 1980 like me.

Yes, lol. But these younger guys could do more research by reading or watching old Nicklaus footage on the golf channels. He and Palmer are on all the time.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I am leaning towards Tiger on this one, with much respect for Jack. Tiger has to get to 18 majors before he can pick up his crown, but it seems just a matter of time.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Between the two, Jack. Tiger might be a better golfer than Jack in his prime, but who has done more for the game?

Tiger's a great golfer, he gets ratings, but how many people has he convinced to pick up the game? I see people out there all the time that were inspired by Jack, John Daly, or Phil to play, but I can't say I've seen many that were inspired by Tiger. Maybe Northern Kentucky is collectively under a rock, but Tiger Woods is only mentioned whenever someone (facetiously or not) talks about an amazing shot.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Tiger wins hands down, he is a much better golfer, give him another 10 years and Tigers legacy as the world best ever golfer will be set in stone!

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Tiger's a great golfer, he gets ratings, but how many people has he convinced to pick up the game? I see people out there all the time that were inspired by Jack, John Daly, or Phil to play, but I can't say I've seen many that were inspired by Tiger. Maybe Northern Kentucky is collectively under a rock, but Tiger Woods is only mentioned whenever someone (facetiously or not) talks about an amazing shot.

disagree completely with this comment, remember Tiger has only been a pro for what, 10 - 11 years now, in that a time how many high profile golfers could he of convinced to pick up the game, none! give it another 10 years and almost every young pro will say Tiger was the first reason they decided to give the game of golf a try, think about what you say, people who Tiger has encouraged to take up the game will reach high profile tour level in at least another 5 - 10 years.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I can't argue that Tiger probably has more physical ability, but I prefer Jack, maybe because I can relate more to him (height, build, I don't hit my drives 330). Who knows? You can't really go wrong with either one.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

Currently..I believe Jack Nicklaus is the best player of all time. However, Tiger Woods is undoubtly second. In a few years, I believe Tiger break the records and become the greatest.

i think, if both golfers started playing in the era, tiger hands down.

Jack is probably naturally gifted.
Tiger is the ultimate sporting machine, physically and upstairs. You can tell that Tiger has perfected his art through training.

This will always be hard to say..........

Much like the old dual between Roger Federer and Pete Sampras.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...