IGNORED

Worst round in a long time today!!!

TN94z
Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got off work early today so I decided to go to the course and work on a few things. It was almost empty so I decided to work on them on the course instead of the range. Well, it was terrible!!! I hit 4 GIR. I hit 9/14 FWs. 3 OBs. I am missing all greens to the right. I had no feel in my short game. My wedges had no spin. My driver didn't have the normal distance. It was all around nasty. Granted I was working on my swing flaws that I have recently figured out, but that is no excuse. I know my alignment was off but it felt really weird when I tried to line up straight for some reason. I just felt out of position everywhere. I am glad I wasn't keeping score because I am sure that it would have hurt my feelings. This was honestly probably the worst round I have shot in a year. I am very very disappointed in myself. Sorry...I just had to vent a little.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back.to.basics.
anytime it seems like everything is going wrong, I have to remember those three words
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

I got off work early today so I decided to go to the course and work on a few things. It was almost empty so I decided to work on them on the course instead of the range. Well, it was terrible!!! I hit 4 GIR. I hit 9/14 FWs. 3 OBs. I am missing all greens to the right. I had no feel in my short game. My wedges had no spin. My driver didn't have the normal distance. It was all around nasty. Granted I was working on my swing flaws that I have recently figured out, but that is no excuse. I know my alignment was off but it felt really weird when I tried to line up straight for some reason. I just felt out of position everywhere. I am glad I wasn't keeping score because I am sure that it would have hurt my feelings. This was honestly probably the worst round I have shot in a year. I am very very disappointed in myself. Sorry...I just had to vent a little.

Just think of a bad round all in one as a statistical blessing, instead of getting mad about it -- especially if it doesn't matter. Better to get all those bad shots over with at once!

I started a new job recently with a crazy different schedule than I'm used to. I've been tired, weather has been bad. I could only get out there 3 times in a couple weeks or so and had the 3 WORST rounds since around the time I started the game altogether. (Granted, I've only been playing since August.) I went out the 4th time a few days ago and shot 3 birdies in one round :) Point being, I got so many bad shots out of the way over the weeks that I was overdue for some good ones. (to put things in perspective... before that day, I've only had roughly 3 birdies since I started playing the game altogether)

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Well, I went back or another round today...the weather was amazing!! It was a little better today. I didn't hit my driver solid one time ALL day. I mean I hit it out there descent but they were all mishits. My irons were better but not my average. My chipping is lat out terrible right now! I bought a new LW and it has 4 degrees bounce. I hit it fine at home but terrible on the course. It is digging in on my chips, which I expect because of the bounce but I have never had a problem hitting any club really. Should I work it out or try and get a LW with more bounce? I hit it full just fine. I don't chip with it alot but today I had to carry bunkers and fly my chips more than usual.

Anyway, next week is all range time and work on my ball striking. I have to get it figured out before the weather breaks for good. I shot an 85 today :(

Bryan A

Well, I went back or another round today...the weather was amazing!! It was a little better today. I didn't hit my driver solid one time ALL day. I mean I hit it out there descent but they were all mishits. My irons were better but not my average. My chipping is lat out terrible right now! I bought a new LW and it has 4 degrees bounce. I hit it fine at home but terrible on the course. It is digging in on my chips, which I expect because of the bounce but I have never had a problem hitting any club really. Should I work it out or try and get a LW with more bounce? I hit it full just fine. I don't chip with it alot but today I had to carry bunkers and fly my chips more than usual.

The Range will do you good, but spend twice as much time on short game. One you get your chipping good, it tends to improve ballstriking with the other clubs.

One good thing about a bad round is that hopefully you learn a lot, and it can force you to make a small change where everything clicks.

Keep at it. In a couple of minutes I'll be playing the first round of the year (late start) and am not confident about it. I'm expecting a long day.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

When nothing seems to be going right i just go back to tempo.. Forget worrying about how ur swinging and it its too far inside or over the top etc. just get your tempo right and even tho u might still not play as well as ud like it might stop the bleeding a little.

In my bag

909D2 9.5 Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Burner 5 Wood AP2 Irons 3-W Scotty Cameron Newport Two Pro V1x Ball

Anyway, next week is all range time and work on my ball striking. I have to get it figured out before the weather breaks for good. I shot an 85 today :(

TN that doesn't beat how POORLY...wait no I EMBARRASSED myself and my clubs...pretty much the game of golf this past Sunday..

I have never..nor do i ever think I'll play links courses well.... just not my style... went out to Architects for a tournament this past Sunday.... Most of the people that entered with 15 - 20... the 15 - 20's shot in the mid 80's to 90's.. what did the single digit HC'er like myself do? SHOT a 99... that's right..I dropped a double handicap on em!!! SAHWEEEET! just step back..you know what you can do..and what you've done... I'm not pissed off... i know what I can shoot..So what if my HC goes up over a 10?? it reflects how i'm playing now. we can always get back down right?
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

TN that doesn't beat how POORLY...wait no I EMBARRASSED myself and my clubs...pretty much the game of golf this past Sunday..

I hope!!!

Bryan A

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I went out again yesterday after another bad round this past Sunday. I decided to go out on the course and work on some things. I didn't keep score or even write anything down. I just went out and worked on ball striking by focusing on my hands coming through ahead of the club face and on keeping my feet on the ground...I have a bad habit of coming up on my toes.

Well, the ball striking was AMAZING!! I am attibuting it to the hands and keeping my feet planted. All of my clubs were going furter. For example, I typically hit my SW around 85 yards max. Yesterday, with the same swing and the swing thoughts incorporated, I was hitting it consistently 100 yards. My driver was smoking!! It was straight down the middle with a 5 yard draw or so. The thing about my driver was that it was getting out there so fast! It was almost like my ball speed had increased. My chipping came back. My iron shots were so close that my putting was no big deal. All in all that was the best round of ball striking I may have ever had.....makes me wish I would have kept score now!

One huge thing I have come to realize is this: if I keep my feet on the ground on my drives, they are almost dead straight every time. The only bad drive I hit yesterday was the one time I came up on my toes!! My confidence is sky high right now!

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!