IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eugene buys the farm in a big way tonight.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eugene talked himself into losing the elimination...the guy is surprisingly worse than me in analyzing his last shot rather than mentally preparing for the next...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Hi Awsi,

LOL! Do you think Derek woke up tonight? Hahaha...I loved the look on his face when he missed those shots. Not that I wish him poorly - he's my fellow countryman and I like him a lot. But he's had it pretty easy, so I want him to work for his money :) I loved the part of the challenge where Aaron got to pick the "all or nothing" challenger. That was a cool twist - well done GC.

Aaron's comments about Derek getting first interviews peaked my interest - how do they choose who goes first? I'll ask Brian - he'll know :) Was able to chat with Brenda, Brian and Mike tonight. Tomorrow will be Derek, Gerina and Blair.

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

It was a great show last night and I feared that Gerina would go home but Eugene just was so down on himself. A distinct type of self loathing that really seemed to just be opposite of what you would expect of a really great golfer. Reminds me of that statement "Some people win by winning, some people win by losing".

But SO HAPPY that Gerina is still in it. I was also amazed at how incredibly flexible Blair is too. She looked like a corkscrew after hitting her shots. Listened to Golfgal's interviw with Brian too and he was very insghtful and contrite. Good stuff!
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Sadly I think Eugene will never succeed in golf as long as he is so negative. Should he drop all the self abuse, he probably would be a heck of a lot better, but I am pretty sure he talks himself into more defeats than wins.

Perhaps the whole tv thing just screwed with his confidence and comfort. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

Still - I feel the players that are holing on are the ones with the best game, so that, at least, is good. My votes go to Derek, Gerina, and Aaron in that order. I think Derek will step up.

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

I'm not really surprised to see Eugene go. He seems like a really nice guy but his swing is almost spastic. Watching him twitch around during his pre shot routine on that lob shot reminded me of Barkely.

I've never seen another golfer go through the kind of movements he goes through when he hits a shot. The pressure of the tour would force him into siezures.

"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot"

In my
Rapture 9.0
Rapture 3w Tight Lies A3KZG CBII irons with Rifle shafts 52 & 56 wedges White Hot 2 ball ProV

Blair is growing on me, love her swing. I think Aaron finally found his happy place last night and I look for him to step up and start challenging Derek.

Eugene, great guy, but I think it was poor form to stand around killing yourself right next to Derek and Gerina. He should have walked away. You could almost see both Derek and Gerina trying to block it out. Certainly don't think it was intentional, however. I wish nothing but the best for Eugene. I certainly think he has game.

Poor Eugune. Seems like a nice guy, but such a head case. Gotta feel bad for him.

I like Blair too. But that's not really my head thinking there.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sure all these golfers are very good, but based on the episodes that I've seen, I can't picture any of these players on PGA or LPGA tour. They just don't seem to make the shots when it counts. That said, I'd love to play like any one of them, but tour players? No way.

I'm not really surprised to see Eugene go. He seems like a really nice guy but his swing is almost spastic.

+1. Eugene's got so much weird movement going on with both his legs and arms (looks like a spider unfolding itself) I have a hard time believing it holds up under any kind of pressure.

I thought the elimination challenge was very telling though. Anyone with a real chance at making it to the tour is going to walk away with 6 on those shots. Granted the second shot was tough, but a tour pro's gonna damn near jar either the first chip or the bunker shot. If not, they'll leave a kick-in putt. It's entertaining, but I'm not gonna be looking for any of these guys on weekend TV any time soon.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I agree, most tour pros get up and down on 2 out 3 of those shots. Derek was close, his putter let him down. He did nothing tonight but prove he is still the player to beat.

The longer the show goes on, the more I like Blair. The fiancee noticed that last night too, hahaha.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Hey Golf Gal,
Yep, it looked as if Derek woke up right after Aaron picked him for the challenge. Something brewing between those two I think (testosterone chalenge). I'll also not be looking for any of these folks to be a part of weekend TV anytimie soon. Great show but the golf talent seems to be a little lack luster (I should talk, but then again I'm not on TV) Looking forward to next week. My pick for elimination, Brenda.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

agree with all the Gerina comments...keeps me watching every week.

haha i second this comment

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

It was an interesting show tonight. Facing elimination, Blair really rose to the occasion to make some clutch shots and stay alive. It's tough to see Aaron go like that, but he had his chances to advance against Derek and Gerina, and couldn't capitalize. Derek is now the lone male remaining in the competition.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Clutch Putts from the females on this one, got to give it to them!!

Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!