IGNORED

What's In Your Bag?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 1951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its in my sig but...

Driver - Mizuno MP 600 Fasttrack 8.5*  Fujikura E360 Stiff  Will freely admit that at times i am giving up some launch, but i like the club...However, it might be on the chopping block.

Hybrid - Tour Edge exotics xcg7 Beta 19* Matrix white Tie Stiff.  For me this club is like magic.  Rarely miss hit it much.  Supreme confidence to carry at least 210 on a good line.  Handy around the greens also...

3iron - Titleist 714CB DG Pro S400

4-PW - Titleist 714MB DG Pro S400

Wedges - 50*, 54*, 58*  Taylormade ATV KBS Wedge

Putter - Taylormade ghost corza tour

The irons are new to me this year.  I have also moved so i will have a new home course this year.  My new course is a little longer then i am used to and has some strategically placed fairway bunkers that may make me want a fairway wood.  Also the irons being a little weaker lofted means i have too small of a gap on my wedges so i may drop a fairway wood in the top and go 52*, 58* in the wedges in the near future.  I am playing all weekend at the new course so we shall see how it goes...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got these clubs in January after having a lynx set lol. My shafts are all stiff and my irons are the KBS tour shafts.

Driver: Taylormade Aeroburner 10.5 degree

3 wood: Taylormade Aeroburner

Hybrid: Ping G30 I think like 19 degree or 20

Irons: 4-GW, Taylormade Rsi 2's

Wedges: Titleist 56 degree (4 years old, my friends old one), Some 3 ish year old Nike 52 degree, Probably going to buy a 60 degree pretty soon

Putter: A 5 or so year old Odyssey white hot

I love the irons and they feel great, the driver and 3 wood are solid but I have used my friends Titleist driver and it feels a bit better but still quality. I also hope to get a scotty cameron this summer when I am working even though my white hot isn't bad. Also the ping hybrid is awesome, feels so pure off the club.

That a nice set up! How do you like having hybrids instead of fairways? I have thought about switching over.

Personally, I prefer hybrids over fairway woods. When it comes to course management, I find hybrids to be more versatile for my game. I feel more confident standing over a hybrid whether its off the tee, off the deck or out of the rough. The control, higher trajectory and forgiveness out weighs the little bit of distance of roll out I lose compared to fairway woods.

Hybrids just make more since for the type of courses I play. Its way easier to hoist a hybrid high up and land it soft rather than try to get a fairway wood to bite on a Pinehurst elevated dome shaped green!!!!!

Titleist 915D2 10.5°
Titleist 913h 17°
Titleist 913h 21°
Titleist AP1 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM4 54° and 58°
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar Putter

This seems like a good thread to mention an idea I just had this morning. My signature shows what I have. The Acushnet putter and Calloway 6 are some used clubs @zipazoid gave me to keep in Florida. The other three are new clubs I found on eBay. Those three cost me about $60, including shipping fees, but it seems to give me a perfect trio of clubs for playing a Par 3 short course, which we will do next month.

So it occurred to me that marketing a "Par 3 Trio" set of clubs might be a good idea for some company. I realize experienced golfers already have those sticks in the bag, but what about the novice? Given that a short course is probably a really good place to start learning, and is usually very affordable to play (the PGA Village short course is FREE), the only other obstacle to getting new people interested is equipment. Seems like a very non-intimidating and low-cost way to introduce new players, and even something experienced players might like for those days they want to work on the short game.

Am I way off base? Because I sent Mark King a letter about it.

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Cheating again: See pictures: Tour Edge Xrail Driver 10.5° Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 4-wood 16.5° Tour Edge Exotics CU Irons 4-PW Tour Edge Exotics Tour Proto Wedges (52°, 56°, 60°) Tour Edge Bazooka Geomax 05 35" That's only 13 for now, my 4-iron will be coming out for a bit, I'm getting the X-Rail 3w, 3h, and 4h to round out my set, Although I may do 3w/5w/4I with Trilogy woods to save $$, I need a new bag, desperately, and I'm going to get a push cart too... I also switched balls this year to the Bridgestone e6... Why the hell do I have a $20 Bazooka Putter, and the rest of the bag is Exotics?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

My set is all Ping.

Not sure what originally attracted me to them but I like them and will stick with them as far as I can see.

My driver is a G30 SFT with SR shaft

Irons are G10 5-LW with regular shaft

Fairway woods are G20 3W and 5W with SR shafts

Hybrid is G10 24 degree (I also have the 15 and 21 degree but not in the bag) with regular shaft

Putter is Anser 6 32"

All of the shafts are -1/2", and irons and wedges are also 1.5 degree flat.

The driver and putter where Christmas presents last year.

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Driver: Cobra BioCell+

3 wood: Taylormade SLDR S 15*

Irons: Adams Idea A3OS

3-5 Hybrids

6-9 Irons

PW 44*

SW 54*

Gap Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX Cavity Back 48*

Lob Wedge: Cleveland 588 Raw Tour Grind 60*

Putter: Taylormade Est. 79 TM-770

Everything bought used except the putter and the lob wedge, which was a gift from my uncle out of his retired club bag.  The irons are great for a hacker like me, they let me play the game without taking a dive into a water hazard 4 holes in.  Driver is good but a little tricky to hit, I think the shaft is too stiff for me right now.  The SLDR S 3 wood is just magic, though.  That club is easier to hit well than anything else in the bag.  Overall a pretty good setup for a beginner like me.

:titleist: 910D3 driver, :tmade: SLDR S 3 wood, :adams: A3OS IDEA hybrid irons, :cleve: 48*, 53*, 56*, 60* wedges, :tmade: Est. 79 TM-770 putter, whatever balls I can pick up cheap/dig out of the rough

Driver: Cobra BioCell+ 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR S 15* Irons: Adams Idea A3OS      3-5 Hybrids      6-9 Irons      PW 44*      SW 54* Gap Wedge: Cleveland 588 RTX Cavity Back 48* Lob Wedge: Cleveland 588 Raw Tour Grind 60* Putter: Taylormade Est. 79 TM-770 Everything bought used except the putter and the lob wedge, which was a gift from my uncle out of his retired club bag.  The irons are great for a hacker like me, they let me play the game without taking a dive into a water hazard 4 holes in.  Driver is good but a little tricky to hit, I think the shaft is too stiff for me right now.  The SLDR S 3 wood is just magic, though.  That club is easier to hit well than anything else in the bag.  Overall a pretty good setup for a beginner like me.

That's nice getting used clubs is worth it in my opinion. You can find some great clubs for great prices. How is the sldr 3 wood? I got the driver and love it. Easy to shape shots.

That's nice getting used clubs is worth it in my opinion. You can find some great clubs for great prices. How is the sldr 3 wood? I got the driver and love it. Easy to shape shots.

It's very easy to hit for me, first time I played it I was getting consistent shots without the slice that plagues most of my other long shots. Not sure if I've just been lucky so far but it's been great. Making me wish I had found the matching driver.

:titleist: 910D3 driver, :tmade: SLDR S 3 wood, :adams: A3OS IDEA hybrid irons, :cleve: 48*, 53*, 56*, 60* wedges, :tmade: Est. 79 TM-770 putter, whatever balls I can pick up cheap/dig out of the rough

Driver: G30 10.5, Tour 65 stiff

3 wood: Callaway X Hot, Project X stiff

Hybrid: Callaway BB 815 18 degree, stock Fujikura Speeder stiff

Irons: PING G30 4 iron, CFS stiff

PING i25 4-9, CFS stiff

Wedges: PING Glide, SS sole, 46, 52, 58

Putter: PING Scottsdale TR B60, Superstroke mid-slim 2.0 grip

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft or Bridgestone B330 RX

Grips: Green PURE Pro or PURE DTX

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell - Just got it

3 Wood: Adams Ovation tight lies 630VCG-HL

7 wood: Adams Ovation tight lies 630VCG-HL

Irons(3i-PW): Taylormade Rac HT

50&56 ° Wedges: Cleveland CG15 - Got these 2 years ago and never even got on the course to play them yet!

Putter: Golden Bear GBT-2

Balls: Callaway Supersoft - Got 8 packs of 1st quality off lostgolfballs for $80 to hopefully last me the year.  I have a dozen Callaway Diablo balls brand new as well if I need them.

I've played off and on over the years.  I plan to play a lot this year so I'll probably play this set all year to make sure I'm fully into it.  I love playing I just don't have anyone to play with most of the time so I just end up not playing.  This year I plan to go out there alone and maybe just join up with people if they ask, so hopefully I like it.  I'm very excited to get out there!

Dr. Hook how do you like the C100s?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Dr. Hook how do you like the C100s?

Love em. I just did a side by side with the xr pros and the C100's blew the Callys away from feel, to distance, altitude and descent, ball speed and dispersion. No contest these are bar none the best irons I've ever hit and I had some jpx 800s and i25s before these. The only thing I didn't like are the thick soles but I've had no issues with fat shots. These are buttery.

• Upvote 1

Love em. I just did a side by side with the xr pros and the C100's blew the Callys away from feel, to distance, altitude and descent, ball speed and dispersion. No contest these are bar none the best irons I've ever hit and I had some jpx 800s and i25s before these. The only thing I didn't like are the thick soles but I've had no issues with fat shots. These are buttery.

Wilson markets the C series as their control irons... I've heard really good things about them... I almost picked up a set of CI11 irons before I decided on the TEE CU's (after all I'd be a Tour Edge staff player if they paid their players, lol)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Wilson markets the C series as their control irons... I've heard really good things about them... I almost picked up a set of CI11 irons before I decided on the TEE CU's (after all I'd be a Tour Edge staff player if they paid their players, lol)

TEE makes good gear. The difference from the 11's to the 100's are like night and day. I got mine with the high end Aldila RIP phenoms in stiff and I almost debated on putting some programs or recoils in these but the Phenoms are just that good.

Driver- Ping G30 9* with Tour 80 stiff

3 Wood Ping Rapture with TFC 949 Stiff

Ping G20 *17 Hybrid with 169H stiff

Ping G20 *20 hybrid with 169H stiff

Ping i20 5-PW Green dot 1"over with CFS stiff

Ping 52* and 56* tour wedges

Cleveland 588 tour lob wedge

Ping G5 Craz-E putter

Note: This thread is 1951 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!