IGNORED

NO TV for the LPGA this week

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've watched a couple of LPGA tournaments, once you get to know the players I find it just as fun as a PGA tournament without the best players like Tiger, Phil etc.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know they can play, but it just doesn't hold my interest. And let's be honest, they're not all hot either.

even if they arent all hot... id much rather watch them than a bunch of 60+yr old legends with bellies so big they hang over their belt buckles

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

even if they arent all hot... id much rather watch them than a bunch of 60+yr old legends with bellies so big they hang over their belt buckles

Understandable. I'm a girl and I'd rather watch men play sports. For females, golf is the only sport I'll watch.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

are we doing a disservice at all by calling them "girls"?

anyways, i would much rather watch the LPGA than the senior tour.

Colin P.

Golf and tennis are the only women's sports I enjoy watching, golf especially.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

What's an LPGA?

Dude, I nearly spit my coffee onto my laptop!

Anyway, to each their own but women's athletics are just boring IMO. It might be better if I could undertand any of the stinking winners on the LPGA when they talk, but I can't. Either Ochoa or a Korean win every single tournament it seems. I was reading a story on the LPGA last night where they called Lorena Ochoa "charismatic" and I had to laugh. Charismatic must have a different meaning than the one I know. I don't mean to bash them, but it quite obvious that I am in the majority. I mean I don't watch a whole lot of the senior tour either, but I would pick them before the ladies for sure. The nationwide is fun to watch, and so is the European tour when the picture isn't too grainy

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Understandable. I'm a girl and I'd rather watch men play sports. For females, golf is the only sport I'll watch.

you of all ppl should be watching the lpga... you could be playing against a few of these ppl and on some of these courses if you make the big time... you could be studying your competition in the future or at least check out some of the places they play

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Dude - you do mean to bash them. You probably weren't too thrilled with this years Masters winner either (I mean he didn't wear a skirt but he did use an interpreter). You are entitled to your opinion, however narrow, but golf is an international game for men, women and children.

I pretty much agree with this.

The only reason why it would be remotely interesting for men to watch is because of Gulbis and Creamer because they wear skirts. As for Ochoa. I agree... she has as much charisma as a wet carrot.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

1. PGA
2. LPGA
3. Euro
4. Nationwide
5. Hooter's Tour
6. Tarheel Tour
7. Duramed Futures
8. Any local Club Championship
9. WNBA
10. CHAMPIONS TOUR

I like the LPGA. I would rather watch a WNBA game than an old fart tournament. And I refuse to watch either, I get ill if I catch a glance of either while surfing through the channels.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Dude - you do mean to bash them. You probably weren't too thrilled with this years Masters winner either (I mean he didn't wear a skirt but he did use an interpreter). You are entitled to your opinion, however narrow, but golf is an international game for men, women and children.

I rooted for the Americans, you are right in that aspect. But as far and Angel is concerned, at least he can hit the ball well enough to be entertaining on his own. He might not speak English but he shows a great deal of emotion on his face. Do you remember the look he had on 18 when he bounced his second shot off that tree back into the fairway, priceless!

The ladies' games just aren't nearly up to the caliber the men's are. So for me to want to watch them they need to be better at some other aspect. They aren't. If I am going to watch inferior golf then I certainly want to see someone with a little personality, or even better yet a short skirt . The Koreans are like little robots that show absolutely no emotion what-so-ever, to call Lorena Ochoa "charismatic" is like calling Brittney Spears a talented vocalist, and the few I do like to watch have had their games tank so bad you never see them. My "narrow opinion" as you like to call it is shared by the majority, the TV ratings show that. Yes golf is an international game, but what that has to do with this argument, I am afraid I don't know. The basic fact is the LPGA is not entertaining to the masses anymore. You can debate why until the cows come home, but for me its the complete lack of personalities coupled by the fact they play IMO inferior golf.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I rooted for the Americans, you are right in that aspect. But as far and Angel is concerned, at least he can hit the ball well enough to be entertaining on his own. He might not speak English but he shows a great deal of emotion on his face. Do you remember the look he had on 18 when he bounced his second shot off that tree back into the fairway, priceless!

Your opinion of what you watch on TV doesn't concern me. It's the attitude that women can't play up to mens standards and that somehow diminishes their competition. Plus the whole foreigner/can't understand them/play like robots reasoning -

that's what I consider "narrow". If you don't like them, by all means, don't watch them. As a member of a Parks & Rec district board who is trying to find funding for a golf course project, I'm constantly being told golf is not for everybody - just old, rich white guys play golf. I know that's not true (and maybe you do too) but it makes the argument for golf being for everybody a hard sell.

1. PGA

Good post. I disagree with the ranking for the Champions Tour. I would list it #3, behind the PGA Tour and the LPGA. Many of the top stars are golfers I enjoyed watching when they played on the "regular" tour. Bernhard Langer is amazing, and a true Hall of Famer, who came from a country without many golf courses. Fuzzy is still active, and is one of my favorites. The interviews with golfers like Jim Thorpe, Tom Watson, Ben Crenshaw, etc. are always very interesting. I am an old guy almost 61 years old, so I identify with the "gray hairs".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Good post. I disagree with the ranking for the Champions Tour. I would list it #3, behind the PGA Tour and the LPGA. Many of the top stars are golfers I enjoyed watching when they played on the "regular" tour. Bernhard Langer is amazing, and a true Hall of Famer, who came from a country without many golf courses. Fuzzy is still active, and is one of my favorites. The interviews with golfers like Jim Thorpe, Tom Watson, Ben Crenshaw, etc. are always very interesting. I am an old guy almost 61 years old, so I identify with the "gray hairs".

Yeah I was probably a little harsh on the Champions Tour. I prefer to watch golf with guys/gals having to win. Rather than guys on the retirement tour. I have much respect for most of the senior players, Ben Crenshaw being one of my all time favorites.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!