IGNORED

Check out my Par 3 hole I setup in my field.

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does UGA have a turf management school? Call and get some of their students to come out and use it as a demonstration area.

NOW that is a GREAT idea!!!

Looks pretty solid. I might be doing a short par 3 in my backyard too. How does your green work for putting?

Thats what I am working on...I am trying to decide if I want to build a real green, put in an artificial, or just not fool with it all together.

That is cool.

You were way more productive than I was today.....day of leisure......18 holes with a buddy.....goofed around the putting green for a while after.....enjoyed watching him buy a new Scotty Fastback. He gamed it well on our round.

Got home and cooked some t-bones on the grill and enjoyed a few Yeungling Lights....told my wife we were celebrating Mother's Day early.

Tommorrow ends my time off.....back to the "salt mines" for several days.

That is cool to have a place in your backyard to tee it up when the mood strikes.....real flag target. You could really do a lot with it or simply leave it as is and get some great practice there.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Always wanted to put a par 3 in my back yard...nice man.

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

Wish i had that.. How you do it ?

Considering new Woods what you think ?

Driver launcher 10.5
Irons Cg gold 5-10
Hybrids R7 cgb max Wedges CG12Putter Newport 2 mid slantBalls Nxt extremeConsidering new Woods what you think ?

That is COOL. Wish i had enough room to make one at my house.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Thats what I am working on...I am trying to decide if I want to build a real green, put in an artificial, or just not fool with it all together.

If its a real green you want to build, I'd put it elsewhere if you have the space. I'd hate to have to constantly fix pitch marks.

Throw in a greenside bunker and you've got yourself a pretty sweet putting/chipping/bunker practice area.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

If its a real green you want to build, I'd put it elsewhere if you have the space. I'd hate to have to constantly fix pitch marks.

I do plan on putting in a bunker. I wonder what kind of sand would you use? It wouldnt be regular ole sand you mix for mortar mix I wouldnt think.

I do plan on putting in a bunker. I wonder what kind of sand would you use? It wouldnt be regular ole sand you mix for mortar mix I wouldnt think.

From

http://www.golfinstruction.com/featu...ction-1178.htm
...A hard, silica sand is often preferred in bunkers, since silica sand will resist weathering and retain its original shape longer...
This link might be of help too - http://www.usga.org/turf/articles/co...best_sand.html

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Yea that's really cool, except for when it comes to maintaining it! That's gonna suck. But, way cool though. Wish I had a neighbor with one like that (note: not myself - cause I'd have to cut it every other day!)
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!