IGNORED

Walkers??

TN94z
Note: This thread is 5423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started out playing golf walking with my grandfather but since then I have started riding a cart. I think because of this thread I will start walking again to see how it is (and to save some money!)

In my University of Missouri Golf Bag:
Driver- 09 Burner 10.5* M Flex
Hybrid- 09 Burner 22* M Flex
Irons- r7 5-PW, AW Graphite Shaft, M Flex
Ball- Burner Putter- White Hot Tour #1

I walk, love to, but my bag ride's on a push cart ,I play better because I stay in the game while walking. I have even walked when I play with a co-worker who can't and we never hold up play, in fact most of the time I am waiting on those ahead of me who ride. JMHO

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

Today was extremely hot so we rode. Coulda walked nine instead.

You are so right. Most average golfers consider the game "recreation" and not a sport, so they will not walk. I have been a golf instructor for over 30 years, and I strongly encourage all of my students to walk. When I do a playing lesson, I insist that the student walk, so we can talk to each other while walking between shots. This also reinforces the benefits of walking, including clearing your head after a bad shot, enjoying the fact that golf is played in natural, beautiful settings, and being able to focus on the next shot as you approach it.

I am almost 61 years old, and we have many hilly courses around here. At my home course, there are only three of us who walk because of the long hike from the 4th green to the 5th tee, following by the uphill 5th hole. It is a challenge making that "hike", and you have to be in excellent condition to do it. When people ask me about walking, I tell them that I will never take a cart unless a bad heart or some other physical ailment makes me do it. Walk----------------it is the only way to go.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I wouldn't worry about what people on carts are thinking. I'm doing the same to them. I'm fine with people using carts if they have injuries or bad backs, are tired, course is hilly, etc...., but I have my own evilish thoughts on cart folks if merited.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ever since I got back into golf seriously (about 3 years ago), I have been walking every chance I get. I started out with a Sun Mountain push cart thinking that would be the easiest way to go. Then one day I tried a carry bag just to see what it was like. Best decision I ever made in golf. Carrying is SOOOOO much easier for me than pushing a cart (probably because the courses I play have some decent hills).

Side note: I do find that I play about 4-5 strokes better when I walk, for whatever reason.
My Bag:
Driver: FT-i (i-Mix version) - 10* w/ UST Proforce V2 (stiff)
5-Wood: RPM Redline
Hybrid: Baffler 23*
Irons: R7 Draw 5-PWGap Wedge: 52* Sand Wedge: 56* CG10Lob Wedge: 60.04 VokeyPutter: White Hot Rossie putterBall: TP Red

well, i walked today, and the 100* texas heat got the best of me. although, i didn't really have anything to eat all day long when i decided to play 18 holes at 3:00. i was actually doing pretty well, 7 over through 16, then i teed off with my driver and couldn't keep control of my body. i had to sit down and wait for the marshall to come by for a ride back.

Piss on the haters. If they allow walking at your course, they realize it is no slower (sometimes faster) than carting. I'm the only walker in our group sometimes and I have no problem keeping up and sometimes I am ready long before the riders.

I walk every time unless I'm doing some event where everyone is riding. For me, it slows down the pace so I feel more relaxed; I haven't had any trouble keeping up with people in carts yet.

Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

well, i walked today, and the 100* texas heat got the best of me. although, i didn't really have anything to eat all day long when i decided to play 18 holes at 3:00. i was actually doing pretty well, 7 over through 16, then i teed off with my driver and couldn't keep control of my body. i had to sit down and wait for the marshall to come by for a ride back.

Sounds like dehydration to me. I hope you're feeling OK by now.

I remember my coach from middle school football... "drink before you're thirsty". Mid afternoon is the Texas heat can suck the life right out of you! I know when we play in Las Vegas, you can tell how much water your body is sucking in when you drink 4 gallons and you pee a pint....and that pint looks fluorescent! Good luck!

I know how you feel. We have the same kind of heat here in Western TN! It is just ridiculous how humid it gets! I agree...definitely drink before you get thirsty!!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah, i'm good now. althought, a bit pissed off i didn't get to finish my round with two good birdie holes coming up. thanks for asking.

Note: This thread is 5423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!